Publisher Raw Fury and developer Clifftop Games have announced that Kathy Rain, an adventure point-and-click about a woman (Kathy) studying journalism in the '90s, and investigating the strange and sudden death of her grandfather, is coming to the Nintendo Switch later this month.
What's more, it'll be the "Director's Cut", which adds a ton of new content to the game which originally came out in 2016, including an extended story, extra puzzles, and new areas. Here's the full list:
- Extended storyline with a prolonged ending, hundreds of lines of additional dialogue, and multiple new areas to explore.
- Several new major puzzle chains and many small additions and tweaks of existing puzzles.
- Enlarged game environments to fill up the entire screen without any black bars on the sides.
- Made countless visual improvements, such as more character animations, better lighting/shadows, and extra weather effects.
- Streamlined mouse controls with an intuitive single-click interface.
- Controller support done right. Lean back in your chair and take smooth direct control of Kathy, with no messy cursor getting in the way.
- Expanded and remixed soundtrack by the original composer, Daniel Kobylarz.
- Five brand new motorcycle designs to unlock and customize the Katmobile with.
Kathy Rain: Director's Cut will come to the Switch, PC, and mobile on October 26th.