- Also Known As
- Kathy Rain: Director's Cut
- Number of Players
- 1 (Single Player)
- Release Date
- 26th Oct 2021
- 26th Oct 2021
Sorry, no Kathy Rain review yet.
Sorry, no Kathy Rain screenshots yet.
"Director's Cut" adds new content
Publisher Raw Fury and developer Clifftop Games have announced that Kathy Rain, an adventure point-and-click about a woman (Kathy) studying journalism in the '90s, and investigating the strange and sudden death of her grandfather, is coming to the Nintendo Switch later this month. What's more, it'll be the...
Set in the '90s, Kathy Rain: Director's Cut is a re-imagining of the original story from 2016. Kathy is a strong-willed journalism major who must come to terms with her troubled past as she investigates the mysterious death of her recently departed grandfather.
“Conwell Springs. I never thought I’d return to this place...”
Armed with her motorcycle, a pack of cigs, and a notepad, Kathy delves into a local mystery surrounding her hometown that will take her on a harrowing journey of emotional and personal turmoil.
“I ... feel strange. Am I dreaming?”
As she follows the trail of clues left by her grandfather, questions emerge: What was Joseph Rain really looking for that night all those years ago? What turned him into a mere shell of a man, confined to a wheelchair? What secret did a suicidal young artist take with her to the grave, and why are so many people in Conwell Springs going mad? The truth is dark, sinister, and yours to uncover…
- Compelling narrative with an eerie plot set in the '90s
- Gorgeous low res pixel art
- 40+ hand-drawn environments
- 4,000+ lines of fully-voiced dialogue
- English voice acting directed by Wadjet Eye Games' Dave Gilbert
- Atmospheric original soundtrack
Director's Cut Features:
- Extended storyline with a prolonged ending, hundreds of lines of additional dialogue, and multiple new areas to explore.
- Several new major puzzle chains and many small additions and tweaks of existing puzzles.
- Enlarged game environments to fill up the entire screen without any black bars on the sides.
- Made countless visual improvements, such as more character animations, better lighting/shadows, and extra weather effects.
- Streamlined mouse controls with an intuitive single-click interface.
- Controller support done right. Lean back in your chair and take smooth direct control of Kathy, with no messy cursor getting in the way.
- Expanded and remixed soundtrack by the original composer, Daniel Kobylarz.
- Five brand new motorcycle designs to unlock and customize the Katmobile with.