- Also Known As
- Kathy Rain: Director's Cut
- Number of Players
- Single Player
- Release Date
- 26th Oct 2021
- 26th Oct 2021
Sorry, no review of Kathy Rain yet.
About The Game
Set in the '90s, Kathy Rain: Director's Cut is a re-imagining of the original story from 2016. Kathy is a strong-willed journalism major who must come to terms with her troubled past as she investigates the mysterious death of her recently departed grandfather.
“Conwell Springs. I never thought I’d return to this place...”
Armed with her motorcycle, a pack of cigs, and a notepad, Kathy delves into a local mystery surrounding her hometown that will take her on a harrowing journey of emotional and personal turmoil.
“I ... feel strange. Am I dreaming?”
As she follows the trail of clues left by her grandfather, questions emerge: What was Joseph Rain really looking for that night all those years ago? What turned him into a mere shell of a man, confined to a wheelchair? What secret did a suicidal young artist take with her to the grave, and why are so many people in Conwell Springs going mad? The truth is dark, sinister, and yours to uncover…
- Compelling narrative with an eerie plot set in the '90s
- Gorgeous low res pixel art
- 40+ hand-drawn environments
- 4,000+ lines of fully-voiced dialogue
- English voice acting directed by Wadjet Eye Games' Dave Gilbert
- Atmospheric original soundtrack
Director's Cut Features:
- Extended storyline with a prolonged ending, hundreds of lines of additional dialogue, and multiple new areas to explore.
- Several new major puzzle chains and many small additions and tweaks of existing puzzles.
- Enlarged game environments to fill up the entire screen without any black bars on the sides.
- Made countless visual improvements, such as more character animations, better lighting/shadows, and extra weather effects.
- Streamlined mouse controls with an intuitive single-click interface.
- Controller support done right. Lean back in your chair and take smooth direct control of Kathy, with no messy cursor getting in the way.
- Expanded and remixed soundtrack by the original composer, Daniel Kobylarz.
- Five brand new motorcycle designs to unlock and customize the Katmobile with.