Arriving later this week on Switch eShop, MGP Studios' Sinless is a point-and-click visual novel hybrid hoping to capture some of the spirit of Hideo Kojima's 1988 graphic adventure Snatcher. Set in a cyberpunk future, you reside in an 'Omni-Care sanctioned city' in a world that's been consumed by a 'New Order'.
On the surface everything appears hunky dory with crime essentially eradicated thanks to mandatory cybernetic implants. As you might have guessed, things aren't quite what they seem as corporations have replaced governments and we'd wager there's some horrific hidden side to this seeming utopia. There usually is.
The trailer above gives you an idea of of the art style, but very little else. The game has been on PC since December 2015, though, and the eShop blurb for Sinless references titles such as Rise of the Dragon and Kojima's aforementioned cult classic along with the following features:
- A unique story and lore: Remember that you are thrown into a world of specific rules, laws, customs, lingo, social segregation etc which you will learn and unravel in time along the way.
- Old school gameplay. Therefore many features or lore related backstories/explanations are not thrown in your face. Instead they are somewhere in the world.
- Hand crafted with love: animations, graphics,textures and other assets.
- A fitting and engaging dynamic Original Soundtrack by Roland Redwood, designed and tailored specifically for the game.
- Game Over: when we said "old school" experience we were dead serious. You will die...alot.
- Easter Eggs & references. Yup, we got that covered.
As trailers go, we have to say we haven't seen one quite so vague for a while, but the screenshots and the blurb certainly sound intriguing. On Steam Sinless currently has a Mostly Positive status, so it may be worth keeping investigating if any of the above sounds appealing. It's out on Thursday and it'll set you back $9.99 / £8.99 / 9,99€, with a file size of 2.1GB.
Let us know below if you're excited for a Snatcher-esque experience on Switch.