Welcome to another handsome episode of NLFM, the chip and game music podcast from Nintendo Life. This month we succumb to the holiday spirit and explore the seasonal chip music landscape in this holiday spectacular spectacular!
NLFM will generally focus on music from games playable on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, which, thanks to the Virtual Console, also includes the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo and Commodore 64. We'll also highlight video game-inspired bands and songs to round it all out.
We've got a swingin', carolin', tree-burner of a sophomore show, so here's the tracklist for this episode:
1. Home Alone (SNES) - Home Alone Theme
2. Bit Shifter - Let It Snow (The 8bits of Christmas)
3. Nullsleep - Silent Night (The 8bits of Christmas)
4. 8bit Weapon & ComputeHer - Hanukkah (Festival of Lights) (It's A Chiptune Holiday)
5. Earthbound - Winters Theme
6. Doctor Octoroc - We Three Konami (8-Bit Jesus)
7. Doctor Octoroc - Ryu the Red-Nosed Ninja (8-Bit Jesus)
8. Rush Coil - Carol of the Bells (8bit Christmas)
9. Rush Coil - Deck the Halls (8bit Christmas)
10. Goto80 - All I Want For Christmas Is You (Goto80's Super Wail Remix) (Holy 8bit Night Plus)
11. She - Frosty the Snowman (Frosty Rx) (Holy 8bit Night Plus)
12. deim0s - Christmas Cave (OC Remix)
To avoid the gnashing of teeth that comes with missing podcast episodes, subscribe to our Podcast feed (using iTunes) or download it using this direct link. You can also find us on iTunes, so show the podcasts some love as there is plenty more good stuff lined up for the future.
Apologies for the initial download link error - this has now been rectified. If the show you downloaded doesn't begin with the Home Alone theme, you should download it again to get all the seasonal goodness!
Like the show? Hate the holidays? Let us know in the comments below!
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.