Forums

Topic: Overrated Wii Games

Posts 101 to 120 of 293

grenworthshero

Super Mario Galaxy. I haven't played its sequel, but it looks pretty good.
WORLD OF GOO -- holy cheese nipples, I'm tired of hearing about this game. I played the demo and it was "meh" the whole way through. Sure, I haven't played the whole thing, but nothing about that game seemed to live up to its hype. The music was good, and it fit the game well, but it wasn't anything great. I like the style and unique presentation, but the game is just nothing special, and I'm definitely never going to spend 15 bucks on it.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

MegaStoneSmash91

WaveBoy wrote:

The demo doesn't cut it, once you get farther into the game it's gets sooo much better and a hell of alot trickier and more difficult. The computer world was a nice suprise!

And while I'm at it....
Mega Man 10 - What a let down compared to MM9. Talk about being less imaginitive, less colorful, with a dissapointing soundtrack and ho-hum robot masters. I couldn't help but feel dissapointed while playing it. While still a good game, it pales in comparison to MM9 which feels like a true sequal to MM2 and surpasses it!

But HOW is MM10 less imaginative? HOW is it less colorful? Can you give a reason why the soundtrack and robot masters aren't as good? Not all the Mega Man games are trying to be a sequel for MM2. They're just trying to be good entries in the series. MM2 isn't the only good game either.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

MegaStoneSmash91

@Waveboy Pump Man's stage is a water treatment plant, and all the colors were very appropriate for it considering what it is. Sure, Splash Woman's stage looked nice, but it is more of a generic water stage and has a right to be colorful. Pump Man's stage is not supposed to be colorful, it's supposed to be a water treatment plant, and it does it's job well. All the color schemes of the stages fit with what they're supposed to represent, and nothing is too bright and cheery (not that it's always a bad thing) where it shouldn't be. And what's wrong with feeling like Mega Man 3? That's another one of people's favorites along with 2, so that shouldn't be an issue. I will agree that the music isn't quite as good as in MM9, but it's still good enough to make me hum it every now and then. Like all the games, MM10 has it's own distinct sound of music, and it's a good sound in my book. And I still can't understand where you got this "less imaginative" idea. If you want unimaginative, look at Mega Man 5. Few of the stages in 5 had a gimmick that makes the stage enjoyable to play. And there are so many enemies that appear in way too many of the stages in 5, there are very few stage-inspired enemies. Now look at Strike Man's stage in 10, almost everything has a sports theme to it, including the enemies and obstacles. Sheep Man's stage presents an array of computerized and electronic gizmos, especially the mouse pointer enemy (which is very creative and feels right at home in the stage). And most of the enemies in 10 are completely new, while still keeping in classics like Mets and Shield Attackers. Chill Man's stage also gives some good concepts, like the snowman enemies and the breakable ice blocks. If anything MM10 is one of the titles with the most imagination, not the other way around. Not put together well? 10 seems to have more polish than 9, but not "polish" as in "the game is better than 9", but "polish" as in "they got the system down and had a better idea what they were doing". It just feels like a more completed and finished effort than 9, even though 9 is still one of the better MM games out there.

I have already seen the HVGN's review of the game, and I disagreed with a lot of what he said. I usually don't ever have many complaints with the Mega Man games, and 10 is no exception. There is very VERY little I dislike about the game. I love the music, I love the stages, and I love the Robot Masters, and that goes for pretty much every part of every game in the Classic series.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Mahe

Little King's Story. Game sucks with poor controls and boring, repetitive gameplay.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Mahe

Cia

I thought that MM 10 had a lot better soundtrack than 9. Nitro Mans and Sheep mans stage themes were on par with the best of MM2 and 3, unlike anything in MM 9.

Cia

brooks83

Cursed Mountain overrated?? lol, aside from a small cult following, most people either didn't like it or never heard of it. I'm one of the people that think the game is great and I consider it extremely underrated, but I can understand why some people didn't like it.

I also played the demo of World of Goo and wasn't impressed. I imagine the real game is better, but I've got a long list of games I want to pick up and World of Goo is at the bottom, especially with the 15 dollar price tag.

brooks83

Big_A2

I didn't really get into Zack and Wiki that much. I don't really know why. My head says it's a good game but my heart says it isn't.

CanisWolfred

All of them. Nah, I kid, I kid. Just Opoona (sorta, kinda, by one person), Zak & Wiki (oh G-d that was the worst point 'n' click I've ever played, and made so many mistakes that PnC developers learned from ages ago), Super Mario Galaxy (in my not-so-humble opinion), and Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers (Well, at least by the blind FF fans who can't seem to understand how deeply and incredibly flawed - nay, broken - it very well is).

EDIT: Oops, and I almost forgot about Muramasa: The Demon Blade (a little, it was repetitive and didn't do anything that Odin Sphere did better).

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Odnetnin wrote:

@Mickeymac I haven't the slightest idea why, but I loved The Crystal Bearers for a time, and I'm not even a Final Fantasy fan. I realize now that it's terrible.

Well, at least you realized it eventually. Though it's not like there's anything wrong with liking a flawed game, I'm just sick of the people who can't seem to acknowledge that there's anything wrong with it, then wonder/complain about why it did so poorly commercially and critically.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

@MegaStoneSmash91

Personally, I wholeheartedly agree with HVGN's view of Mega Man 10. Right from the on-set it was obvious that MM10 was missing a lot of the charm and polish that made MM9 so darn good, and the Normal difficulty is tuned far too high - it seemed that they used easy mode as an excuse to make normal mode so very punishing, whereas MM9's difficulty was very balanced overall. I still enjoyed MM10, and I'll probably play it 3 or 4 times over just for kicks, but it just isn't as good as MM9. Afterall, Mega Man 9 was a masterpiece with little else above it, while Mega Man 10 is just another Mega Man game. And really, that's all he's saying. He's not meaning it's a bad or average game overall, just status quo for the series, and one that couldn't live up to the high standards set by its immediate predecessor. Obviously if you've never found fault with any of the previous Mega Man games, of course you're gonna like Mega Man 10, because it has all the flaws that the previous games had that you're already more than willing to overlook.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Knux

I think both Twilight Princess and New Super Mario Bros. Wii are extremly overrated. Don't get me wrong, they are not bad games. But, they are certainly not the best games in their respective series like some gamers claimed. Twilight Princess's wolf concept is unoriginal, and the plot felt rehashed from other Zelda games [Ganondorf appearing again, the Twilight Realm feeling like the Dark World from ALTTP, etc.] At least Majora's Mask and the Wind Waker are original by adding something unique in both games. In the end, Twilight Princess feels like a dull OOT rehash that is just not nearly as good as OOT. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a great game, but it is certainly not the best 2D Mario game ever. Both Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World are still way more challenging and fun games, and NSMBW just lack things that it should of have [like Yoshi being in only a few levels, more worlds, etc.] As for Mega Man 10, I love that game. I still haven't decided if it's better or worse than Mega Man 9, but both are awesome.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Joeynator3000

Meh, I liked Twilight Princess...and I still play Brawl even now. (think I played it last yesterday, lol)
Only thing I find wrong in it is the online mode...its crappy. (and no Geno, lol)

You know what, I'm gonna go play Brawl RIGHT NOW, so HAH! lol

Can't really think of anything overrated...well, I guess I could say the Boom Blox games. World of Goo was fun, after playing through the whole thing once it was like..I'm done with it. The soundtrack is awesome though.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

V8_Ninja

Every Wii game is overrated.

...[/troll]

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

MegaStoneSmash91

There ARE way too many ways to get 1-ups in NSMBW. I personally wish they would have brought your lives down to 5 every time you turned the game on. I hate having 99 lives because I like having Mario's hat on better than seeing his hair. I also would've liked to play the game as Luigi or the Toads in 1 player mode. I don't want to be Mario all the time. It's a good game though.

I never knew people thought Brawl was overrated. I knew some didn't like it, but overrated? I love Brawl, it's my favorite SSB game, and everything about it is awesome. I still play it a lot, but I also make time for Melee now and then.

Beep.
That is all.

Splat

I'm a big fan of New Super Mario Bros Wii, are there to many 1-ups and power ups yes but it's still a great game and brought out the kid in me I had alot of funny playing it.

It's also one of the few games I can play with my Dad, I have to do all the work and carry him from time to time lol but still it's nice to play the game with him.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

MegaStoneSmash91

@Waveboy But what about the people who say the physics in Brawl are terrible, or that the game doesn't take as much skill as Melee? I personally find no problem with the physics, and it takes just as much skill to play Brawl as it does to play Melee.

Beep.
That is all.

sandpiper

No More Heroes 2
Sin & Punishment 2
The Conduit
Red Steel 2

I love shooters, but the above games are just meh to me despite all the hype that surrounds/surrounded them.

sandpiper

MegaStoneSmash91

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

@MegaStoneSmash91

Personally, I wholeheartedly agree with HVGN's view of Mega Man 10. Right from the on-set it was obvious that MM10 was missing a lot of the charm and polish that made MM9 so darn good, and the Normal difficulty is tuned far too high - it seemed that they used easy mode as an excuse to make normal mode so very punishing, whereas MM9's difficulty was very balanced overall. I still enjoyed MM10, and I'll probably play it 3 or 4 times over just for kicks, but it just isn't as good as MM9. Afterall, Mega Man 9 was a masterpiece with little else above it, while Mega Man 10 is just another Mega Man game. And really, that's all he's saying. He's not meaning it's a bad or average game overall, just status quo for the series, and one that couldn't live up to the high standards set by its immediate predecessor. Obviously if you've never found fault with any of the previous Mega Man games, of course you're gonna like Mega Man 10, because it has all the flaws that the previous games had that you're already more than willing to overlook.

lol. So true.
I think he's just easily pleased. And as much as I love MM, I don't care much for 4,6,8 and maybe even 10. He even mentioned that the robot masters in MM6 were great. That right there boggles the mind.lol Nah but really, the guy can at least point out some negatives instead of gushing over everything like it's the best thing ever because that's simply not the case with the MM Franchise.

I've only been playing Mega Man for 2 years, so maybe that factors in with this somehow...

Yeah, I can point out plenty of negatives with the series. I've already done some nitpicking on my MM4, 5, & 6 thread. While I'm at it, I'll point out a few things I don't like about MM10. The weapons aren't as useful, although I do like the Triple Blade, Water Sheild, Solar Blaze, and Wheel Cutter. Thunder Wool is too slow and awkward to use, Commando Bomb is sometimes a pain to hit things with, and Rebound Striker just isn't a good weapon altogether. And I wish they would stop making each Robot Master weak to only one weapon. They could have done a better job with the sprite for Bass, and why can't Bass and Proto Man use the weapons from Enker, Punk, and Ballade?

And I felt like a jerk after you and I had that MM10 "discussion". I see where your coming from on all your complaints, and I guess I was just defending the game. Oh well...sorry for all the trouble

Beep.
That is all.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.