Forums

Topic: New demo batch

Posts 241 to 260 of 263

stromboli

then I need someone to send me a demo of Kyotokei? Pretty please?

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

BulbasaurusRex

Fast Racing League - The production values are excellent for WiiWare, the controls work well, and the phase shifting isn't as complicated as I thought it would be. However, the action moves too fast with my car nearly constantly banging into walls while going around the turns, and the drifting is essentially useless with the high risk of flying off the track whenever I attempt it. I should also point out that shaking the nunchuck for a speed boost with the Wiimote/nunchuck controls is extremely unresponsive. It's still a pretty good game and up to the quality where I would normally keep the demo, but this particular demo is too short on content to make it worth keeping. 7/10

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

shinesprite

Great! I lost a few due to a motherboard replacement. (Apparently NYKO Gamecube controllers can short-out your console!)

shinesprite

BulbasaurusRex

Kyotokei - This is basically a solid horizontal shooter that employs a gameplay mechanic of switching the color of your shield and energy blasts back and forth between red and blue. They found some clever uses for this mechanic, as your shield will only protect you from attacks of the same color, while your attacks will do double damage to enemies of the opposing color. You can also use a super homing attack by absorbing enough energy with your shield. The problem is that it doesn't work very well in a fast-paced shooter like this. It takes too much thought to properly switch colors while shooting up all these enemies, which is not just an annoyance to the enjoyment of playing the game but results in a huge diffuclty spike, seeing as you die after just one hit from the wrong color. Even playing on Easy, I would usually lose my first continue before the first boss, and the boss herself (well, particularly her minions of the opposing color) would repeatedly wipe out live after life, leaving me down to just one or two lives of my third and final continue after beating her (at which point the demo ended). There is support for two players, but it won't help much, especially seeing as the second part of the boss's attack is practically impossible to escape unscathed. I'm not keeping this one. P.S.: There's an interesting translation error in the manual where it calls the two heroes "brothers" even though one of them is clearly a girl. 6/10

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

stromboli

Downladed about 10 demos, ones I wanted. That was such good timing.

MotoHeroz Demo is amazing. The hype was true about this game. The demo itself felt like a complete game and it was satisfying to beat it. With games like MotoHeroz, I always regret reading negative things about Wiiware on the internet and everything... this just blows everything out of the water and shows how incredible this can be.

Kyotkei is about what I expected - took me a while to realize the colors/shield mechanic. Ultimately, a simple cute game and probably a good bargain for 500 points. But the VC also has all the classic shooters, so they are a priority (did a run again with Lord of Thunder and that is perfection).

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

SamuraiShyGuy

I played the demo of chick chick BOOM and thought it was awesome. Does anyone have the full version and is it worth a buy? Also, it seems like it would be insanely fun in multiplayer, but is the single player any good?

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

nickcarney

@SamuraiShyGuy Single player is good, there's a couple of modes to play with. But really, I would only suggest it if you have some people to play with. The multiplayer is extremely fun!

nickcarney

SamuraiShyGuy

Thanks guys. I always thought it looked like fun, but the demo and your comments confirmed it.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

bonesy91

Now it's time for.... drum roll please......

Bonesy's Demo reviews.

chick chick BOOM
The good: A nice little casual game with a fun gameplay style that will glue you to your t.v. for a few hours
The bad: chick chick BOOM lacks variety making it hard for me to want to purchase it
so I pass 6 out of 10

Chronos Twins DX
The good: A very unique gamplay style that impressed me very much.
The Bad: you can tell this was made to be a ds game. That said, I'd much prefer to play it on the DS.
pass 5 out of 10

Rage of the Gladiator
The good: if your a fan of Punch out you may like this game.
The Bad: having characters that are about as interesting as sliced bread isn't a way to sell your game. And lacking the humor of punch out, this game is nothing more than a cheap knock off.
Don't care for it 4 out of 10

Lit
The good: It's very creepy! and yes that is a good thing. A very unique twist on a horror title that fans of the franchise are sure to love. Oh and fun fact: Wayforward made this game
The Bad: Seems like it could get repetitive but the demo didn't last long.
Considering buying it. 8 out of 10

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

stromboli

@bonesy91 - You're way off with ROTG. First of all, I thought the characters were really interesting, and there is a LOT of humor in the game. Secondly, it's very far from being a cheap knock-off. I remember playing this and the difficulty curve, and the different techniques was awe inspiring. This game is a masterpiece. I need to get back to it. I don't remember how far I got, but I went pretty far, and it's a brutal and engaging game.

bonesy91

stromboli wrote:

@bonesy91 - You're way off with ROTG. First of all, I thought the characters were really interesting, and there is a LOT of humor in the game. Secondly, it's very far from being a cheap knock-off. I remember playing this and the difficulty curve, and the different techniques was awe inspiring. This game is a masterpiece. I need to get back to it. I don't remember how far I got, but I went pretty far, and it's a brutal and engaging game.

Well since I beat only 2 of the monsters (and was bored halfway through the first one) and didn't manage to even chuckle once. In my eyes this is not a masterpiece. Sorry

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

BulbasaurusRex

bonesy91 wrote:

stromboli wrote:

Well since I beat only 2 of the monsters (and was bored halfway through the first one) and didn't manage to even chuckle once. In my eyes this is not a masterpiece. Sorry

Maybe it's not as funny as Punch-out, but the gameplay is at least as good (I think even better). As Stromboli said, the different magic techniques really add to the variety of the gameplay, and the graphics are among the best of the entire WiiWare library.

BulbasaurusRex

Robox - This is a Metroidvania type adventure that shows a lot of potential, but unfortunately the execution is rather lacking. Most at fault is the fact that your robot is slow as molassas, which sucks away a lot of the fun. It also has issues with only being able to shoot straightahead, graphics that make it hard to tell what is and isn't a platform or dangerous obstacle, and heavy difficulty spikes early in the game. On the bright side, checkpoints are very common, and you appear to have infinite lives. Still, I got bored and frustrated after a few tries at a difficult auto-scroll section and exited the demo early. I immediately deleted it. 4/10

BulbasaurusRex

It's summer vacation, so I finally have time to finish these demos.

Thruspace - Ugh, another boring puzzle game, only this one is worse than usual, because they somehow expect you to quickly be able to rotate a shape correctly over all 3 physical dimensions continuously many times in a row while beating a time limit. Without a genius level IQ, who can think like that that quickly on anything more than the easiest levels? Delete. 2/10

BulbasaurusRex

MotoHeroz - They get points for originality, but mixing racing with 2D platforming with a floaty physics engine doesn't work very well. Also, the upcoming terrain sneaks up on you too quickly to be able to reasonably react as to when you need to jump or lean in a certain direction. There was one level in the demo I couldn't even beat, because it involves a bunch of complicated loops and ramp switches, where the AI ghost car I was supposed to beat could pull off all the moves perfectly, while I'm stuck flipping my car back over and/or not getting enough momentum on the loops. Delete. 4/10

BulbasaurusRex

Gnomz - Welcome to Smash Bros. Extremely Lite. All you do is jump on your opponents' heads to kill them in 3 different game modes with a few power-ups thrown in. It's decent for what it is, but what it is isn't much at all. On top of it all, the presentation is very dull, and the controls aren't as tight as they could be. There's no reason to keep this one. 4/10

BulbasaurusRex

Soccer Bashi - This one is a pretty good block breaker game if you like those. It controls well; has excellent power-ups, special blocks, and enemies; and the levels on display are designed well. The presentation is pretty good, with the sound effects in particular nicely done. The only major problem is that the main gimmick hardly ever comes into play, as the AI controlling the "goalie" is just too smart. I'll keep the demo, but I don't have enough interest in it to buy the full game. 7/10

DarkEdi

Crystal Vampire demo was retired but it is a great game, it is similar to Smash TV, so i recommend it a lot.

I played chick chick Boom and then i downloaded the full game, same for Monsteca Corral (it is similar to Pikmin).

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.