Forums

Topic: New demo batch

Posts 221 to 240 of 263

BulbasaurusRex

I finally had a chance to try another one of my demos.

Dive: The Medes Island Secret - This works pretty well as a scuba diving adventure where you try to find various treasures while dodging or shooting dangerous creatures with tranquilizer darts, all while making sure you don't run out of oxygen. The controls are very good, and it has some replay value in buying advanced gear and using it to go back to further explore previous levels. The presentation is also pretty good. However, the gameplay itself is kind of dull, and there's no real reason to come back to it after you've found everything. This isn't my kind of game, so I deleted it. 6/10

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

BulbasaurusRex

Finally, some time to catch up on some of my demos:

Bit.Trip Core - I have the same complaints as the other Bit.Trip Demos I've tried. While another unique concept, it's once again pretty boring and way too hard. Obviously, it will be deleted.3/10

Bit.Trip Runner - Finally, a good Bit.Trip game! It's a fun platforming/puzzle hybrid where CommanderVideo is constantly running through the level, and you have to dodge obstacles with the correct actions with the right timing to get to the end of the stage. If you mess up even once, you have to start the level over. It kind of reminds me of Sonic's 3D gameplay these days except in 2D and with no room for error (although Sonic's Adventure era 3D gamelay is much better). Unlike the other Bit.Trip games, the timing is much more lenient, the difficulty ramps up gradually at a good pace, the game is divided into smaller, more managable levels, and best of all, it's a pretty fun concept. I'll keep this demo, but I'm not interested in the full version. 7/10

Jam City Rollergirls - There's nothing really wrong with the quality of this game, and the full version has tons of content for a WiiWare game. However, the basic gameplay just isn't very exciting. This one will be deleted. 6/10

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

SKTTR

EU got three demos in the last weeks as well.

*F A S T -Racing League- (Demo)
I downloaded the full game a week before the demo was out, so the demo was useless to me. The full game is a great example of what you can technically achieve on WiiWare graphics-wise. It's no F-Zero in gameplay and content but it's a very good futuristic racer for 1000pts anyway.

*Kyotokei (Demo)
A 1-level-demo for up to 2 players in co-op which is decent fun to play, especially with two players that can compliment each other. The art is horrendous though. I was never a fan of faked western anime. I know plenty hobby anime artists who can draw better anime characters. And the backgrounds are bland.. so much for the graphics. The music is pretty low-fi, it reminds of old arcade games and it fits the game in a way.
However, the gameplay is alright, the game seems to be not very hard and is a good entry for shmup newbies/casuals, but if I want a good 2player-shmup on the Wii I think I'll go for Ironclad instead.

*3D Pixel Racing (Demo)
The controls! Definately take quite some time to get used to. Can't even drive a straight line. And for such basic-looking pixel-graphics there's too much pop-up everywhere. The music is low-quality as well. Again, my baby likes it and might download it on her own Wii, but I'll pass. After having played really great WiiWare racers such as MotoHeroz, Excitebike World Challenge, Art Style light trax and FAST Racing League this one doesn't do much for me.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SamuraiShyGuy

Why are we reviewing demos? Anyone can download them for free and see if they like them.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Chrono_Cross

Calm down. It's a nice little opinion people can read before deciding if they wanna waste their time with it.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SamuraiShyGuy

I'm calm. There were no exclamation points in my post.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Chrono_Cross

I know. But you dont really need to complain about that. Seriously.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Sh00kst3r

He isn't complaining. He was just asking a simple question.

3DS: 2363 5629 7333

kurtasbestos

Viewtiful_Joe, SamuraiShyGuy does raise a good point. Reviewing free demos (as opposed to reviewing the full game after the demo convinced someone to purchase it) just doesn't make much sense.

AQUIA BASE 10 BOXLIFE CUBELLO DIGIDRIVE light trax ORBIENT PiCTOBiTS precipice ROTOHEX Rotozoa ZENGAGE

Nintendo Network ID: kurtasbestos

Sneaker13

We have been "reviewing" demo's since the start of this thread. It just letting other people know what you think of the demo, if you would get the full version and discuss it. Nothing wrong with that.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

BulbasaurusRex

Bit.Trip Void - One of the better Bit.Trip games, it has interesting mechanics including a little strategy. The difficulty is toned down by means of reasonable checkpoints and the ability to replay from your last checkpoint when you lose, but the difficulty curve is still really steep, and the gameplay itself is stiil pretty bland. This one won't stick around. 5/10

Bit.Trip Flux - Here we are back at extremely difficult, boring end of the Bit.Trip Games. It's kind of a special edition of Beat in that it plays similarily to it but includes some more variety in an attempt to spice things up, but it's not enough to save it. Delete. 3/10

Dart Rage - This is a pretty good interpretation of Darts with responsive motion controls, multiplayer, and a healthy amounts of options in the full version. However, it suffers from a serious flaw: It's way too easy to hit 20 after 20 or whatever other number at which you're aiming, leaving the matches up to whomever can hit the double and triple scores at the right times. The poker style games in the full version alleviate the problem, but I don't see that style as very popular among darts players. I'll just keep the demo of this one. 6/10

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

SKTTR

Paint Splash! Demo
Out now in NA and EU.

The demo is good. Free drawing with some neat effects. You can save your pictures to SD Card only with the full game/app.
It has two really good music tracks as well.
I heard you can play this with up to 4 people.
Well I thought it is just as inspiring as the "Paint" program you know from pc's. It would be an instant download to me if I could send selfmade pictures over Wii's Wi-Fi and as e-mails.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

BulbasaurusRex

Fast Draw Showdown - Despite having very limited gameplay, it's a blast to watch these extremely cheesy (in a fun way) FMV actors and try to outdraw them. It's surprisingly addictive trying to take out all of the available opponents and continually topping your latest highest scores. The multiplayer modes then seal the deal. For 500 points, I'll eventually buy the full version. 7/10

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

stromboli

What are the active demos right now of Wiiware in NA?

Edited on by stromboli

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Sherlock

stromboli wrote:

Seriously, can't anyone let me know?

paint splash,Gnomz, moto heroz, fast racing

Edited on by Sherlock

3DS FC: 4940-5445-6226

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5445-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

stromboli

Ah, thanks I guess I missed that treasure-clon horizontal shooter though can that be sent from another Wii?

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

BulbasaurusRex

Liight - This one reminds me a lot of Art of Balance. It's an interesting and pretty unique puzzle concept that's implemented well but just not very fun to play. I also can't figure out how to get the shadows to work right most of the time. Delete. 5/10

3D Pixel Racing - I have to agree with the NL review on this one. It's an otherwise excellent game that's ruined by oversensitive turning and a ridiculous drifting system that causes your car's rear to drift mercilessly at even the slightest turn. This game makes it difficult to even follow a straight stretch of road! Delete. 3/10

BulbasaurusRex

stromboli wrote:

Ah, thanks I guess I missed that treasure-clon horizontal shooter though can that be sent from another Wii?

No, it can't.

stromboli

1) Really? you can't sent demos to friends lists?
2) I really like Liight, I bought the game at the time. Should get back to it, because I never finished it (of course I haven't finished Art of Balance either) but I like it better than Art of Balance.. it is very interesting, and excellent Wii controls.

Sherlock

stromboli wrote:

1) Really? you can't sent demos to friends lists?
2) I really like Liight, I bought the game at the time. Should get back to it, because I never finished it (of course I haven't finished Art of Balance either) but I like it better than Art of Balance.. it is very interesting, and excellent Wii controls.

you can send friend demos i done it once.

3DS FC: 4940-5445-6226

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5445-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.