Forums

Topic: New demo batch

Posts 201 to 220 of 263

Moco_Loco

I realized quickly that Monsteca Corral was not for me, but that's not surprising since I don't like Pikmin either. I thought it was funny watching the stompies run, though. I'm glad there's a demo so the game can connect with the right audience.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

Ste

Pikmin wasn't for me, which i was surprised with because i like puzzle games, oh well. Hey this is probably a dumb question, but does Nintendo ever take away the demos you have downloaded. I was surprised when i still had them all but those particular demos were still on my wii. Will they leave when all the demos are gone or will i have them forever unless i download them

Feel free to add me and contact me
Darn you Nintendo, my backlog is already out of control and you are just making it worse with these new game announcements!!!!

Moco_Loco

The demos will stay until they are deleted. If you accidentally lose them, however, you can't redownload them once they're gone from the Shop Channel.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

Ste

Thanks Moco, people were talking about rage darts, and wasn't that impressed but will keep the demo as a quickie demo people can play.

Feel free to add me and contact me
Darn you Nintendo, my backlog is already out of control and you are just making it worse with these new game announcements!!!!

Sneaker13

Are the demo's exchangeable between Wii's (like on a SD card)?

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Moco_Loco

I don't know for sure, but I have my doubts. They probably work like any other WiiWare download, tied to the sytem they're "purchased" on.

Moco Loco

Splat

Ste wrote:

Thanks Moco, people were talking about rage darts, and wasn't that impressed but will keep the demo as a quickie demo people can play.

Playing Dart Rage by your self isn't all that great but add a few friends and some smack talk and it can be alot of fun.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

SMW

Monsteca was quite fun. I'll probably be picking it up sometime.

SMW

Moco_Loco

I tried the Fast Draw Showdown demo. It was so bad it was great.

Moco Loco

SKTTR
  • Fast Draw Showdown (DEMO)

Had to change my Wii settings to UK to download the demo. The game AND the demo are not available in Germany, which is retarted. The game is a really fun cheesy party game, but nothing I'd consider playing on my own. It has not much gameplay either, but I still like it. It's a 1994 laserdisc/arcade port and it's good for what it is.

• Learning with the PooYoos Episode II (DEMO)

Come on, this is ridiculous. There should be demos for Swords & Soldiers, Bonsai Barber, Flowerworks, Monkey Island, LostWinds, games that actually are really good and need some sales. Not this baby crap. Let those kids play in the sandbox, in the garden, with their matchbox cars and barbie dolls, but please refrain from bringing out more of this teletubby-schrott.

• Monsteca Corral (DEMO)

Downloaded the full game the day it came out, but the demo is great from a presentation point. If I didn't have this game already, the demo would make me download it. Worth it!!

• Lead the Meerkats (DEMO)

I got this game day one, so appealing to me. Lead the Meerkats is addicting and has so much potential, but the experience is damaged by random freezing, glitching and a plethora of bugs that can make this game unbeatable (I still haven't beaten this, I have to delete my file because it won't save anymore and crashes like hell). The developers never answered my emails, never updated this game to be playable, never gave me a refund, and I guess they were too busy making a demo to advertise their damaged game to make more sales. Shame!

• Soccer Bashi (DEMO)

Arkanoid clone with pointer controls and it's own little twists AND a level editor (that can't play your selfmade levels in the demo version). Well, the full game seems to be reasonable for just 500pts, but sorry, in this case I prefer the original (which would be Arkanoid Plus!) , and even that one I haven't downloaded. None of those WiiWare breakout games is on a Kirby's Block Ball level.

• Mix Superstar (DEMO)

Initially I was extremely interested in this but I have my reasons to not download this. My Wii memory is full. Hundreds of game saves and data that would be too complicated to shift around SD cards. And Mix Superstar needs lots of Wii memory. It almost needs a brandnew empty Wii. And that I simply can't manage. The next reason is the price: I think it's more than 5000pts with all the DLC loop packs, and you know when I buy a game, then I only buy the full version (I'm still unhappy about spending 6700pts on Darklord, such a waste). Third reason is, it's too casual. It's great for beginners wanting to make easy listenable music fast, but I'm using professional tools and I'm simply not the target audience for this beginner-friendly music maker.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SKTTR
  • chick chick BOOM (DEMO)

The demo makes everything right, introducing the game with a nice little tutorial and one demo stage. It's a fun and unique experience. Looks polished and fresh It's not a game that I would want just now, but I can see myself downloading this when I need a good multiplayer game. I keep it on my list.

• ColorZ (DEMO)

A 3-player co-op arcade puzzler. Another excellent and unique WiiWare experience. Just like chick chick BOOM, this is a game I would download, if I had two friends around that want to play something different. Nice.

• HoopWorld: BasketBrawl (DEMO)

Honestly, of all the 35 WiiWare demos I have downloaded, this is the only one I haven't played yet. I want to get Mario Sports Mix or NBA Jam to get my Basketball fix on the Wii, so I didn't care much for HoopWorld, which is unfair. I should play a round or two next time a friend is here.

SKTTR
  • LEARNING WITH THE POOYOOS EPISODE 3 (DEMO)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Splat

You ain't seen nothing yet ROTG is awesome from start to finish.

Sneaker13

SKTTR wrote:

• LEARNING WITH THE POOYOOS EPISODE 3 (DEMO)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I like Learning with the PooYoos. Not something I would buy but kids will absolutely love this. It's cute, it's funny, easy to use so a must buy for kids. I do find it really weird that they didn't bother to translate the game in Dutch (for Holland). Kids around that age don't speak English.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

SwerdMurd

@Wave - the timing and attacks are a little iffier but I found the skill tree added both replayability and its own spin on the Punch Out!! formula. I had a great time with it--the Title Defense or w/e it is rematches against all the opponents are pretty rough.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Moco_Loco

I'm guessing the fact that I can't survive the Bit.Trip Core demo indicates that I shouldn't buy the full game. It's fun while it lasts, though!

Moco Loco

SKTTR

Sneaker13 wrote:

I like Learning with the PooYoos. Not something I would buy but kids will absolutely love this. It's cute, it's funny, easy to use so a must buy for kids. I do find it really weird that they didn't bother to translate the game in Dutch (for Holland). Kids around that age don't speak English.

Kids around that age shouldn't sit at home playing video games. I mean, think of putting a 3 year old in front of a tv? That's so messed up And PooYoos isn't even a good collection of minigames.

After playing the first PooYoos demo, I would have loved to see lexis numériques other WiiWare game TALES OF ELASTIC BOY, and not two more PooYoos games!
Just my opinion.

And if we people in Germany could have the English version like you Dutch people have, there is at least some education in it. I should change my language settings. Still wouldn't ever want these PooYoo games for me or my kids or any kids.

Try the German version, hear that talentless woman singing the most horrible lyrics ever. Yeah, It's fun, but not the fun that was intended.

Well, i suppose it is good for stressed parents to get a minute of rest from their loud and naughty preschool kids.

chiwii

I tried Montesca Corral last night, and, though I'm a Pikmin fan, I didn't like it. I didn't like the graphics, and the stompies' walk wasn't nearly as funny as I thought it would be. I got to the part where you had to push a robot into the water with a team of stompies. Every time I sent a team of stompies to the robot, they would get zapped. Apparently, I need to send them all at the same time, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to do that.

I also tried Fast Draw Showdown. The live action video was interesting, but the gameplay was just dull.

chiwii

Sneaker13

@SKTTR. Of course, why didn't I though of changing the language back to Dutch. I really like the Dutch voices, they are pretty good. I don't agree that kids around 3 shouldn't play this game. It's fun, colourful, cute and ideal to play as a parent with your kid. Three seperate demo's don't add much, but it's a nice set of games for the young ones.

Friendcodes:

Splat

Just downloaded the BIT.TRIP RUNNER demo and came away very impressed. I have never really had much interest in this game but have to admit I wrongly judged it. It is a really addictive game I will be looking in to getting the full version sometime.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.