Forums

Topic: Mario Party 9 Discussion

Posts 101 to 120 of 121

TheKingOfTown

Joshers744 wrote:

A lot of negativity over something that no one has even played. Of course everything will suck when you say it's going to.

Really? Didn't know that's how things work.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

e-love

What I'm wondering, how much longer will the Mario Party series last? It's especially difficult for them to continue to get new releases out when the series has a number tacked on to every title, except the two handheld games. Will someone really buy a Mario Party 14? I love Mario Party, and I love that Nintendo is re-doing the series with Mario Party 9. And its great that Nintendo is finally giving us a fresh new start after a long break following Mario Party 8 (shudders) but I just don't know where the series is going to go from here. Any thoughts?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

kkslider5552000

I don't know, and even as a fan of the series, I couldn't care less where it does or doesn't go.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Whopper744

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

A lot of negativity over something that no one has even played. Of course everything will suck when you say it's going to.

Really? Didn't know that's how things work.

Well, I'm glad I could enlighten you on that.
Without trying to make someone else look stupid, I was saying that most of the time, when you constantly down something before you have experienced it (like, when I would complain about going to my job every day) it usually makes it worse. It's going into something with the wrong attitude.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

kkslider5552000

I saw a decent amount of the game.

The new board idea is awful and lame and stupid and awful. I was more than willing to give it a chance but wow is that pathetic. It's like every example of Nintendo just talking down to its audience combined.

But the minigames seem cool and you can play those without ever bothering with the boards.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Chaoslink1

Emaan1 wrote:

What I'm wondering, how much longer will the Mario Party series last? It's especially difficult for them to continue to get new releases out when the series has a number tacked on to every title, except the two handheld games. Will someone really buy a Mario Party 14? I love Mario Party, and I love that Nintendo is re-doing the series with Mario Party 9. And its great that Nintendo is finally giving us a fresh new start after a long break following Mario Party 8 (shudders) but I just don't know where the series is going to go from here. Any thoughts?

I think they might probably make Mario Party 3D and Mario Party 10 for Wii U and then stop
at least I HOPE. because it's going to far.

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5737-7446-0788 | 3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter:

e-love

I agree with you, they might end up dropping the numbered titles after that.

LuigiTheGreenFire

I've played all the boards and almost all the boss fights. The game is very fun. Definitely rent it with some friends/family.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Knux

I'm supposed to get a copy of Mario Party 9 from Amazon sometime today. I'm probably going to regret buying this, but I want to give the series another try since it's been so long since I've played a Mario Party game (only played Mario Party 1-4 and Advance).

Knux

Whopper744

It's definitly a game made for fun, multi player get togethers....not so much for super competitive, see is a better video game player, kind of play. Too much luck involved. But it is still alot of fun. If you can get through single player mode (If luck allows you to), then you can get Shy Guy, MagiKoopa (Kamek), and the Bowser Board...Shy Guy alone was worth it for me.

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

Grubdog

I was surprised by how much the single player mode gripped me. Quality of the mini-games aside - there's something charming about the boards that keeps you playing. There's still luck involved but I find the new board concept gives you a bit more control over what happens to everyone, enough control so you don't fall asleep while playing, at least.

I wrote a bit here about what Mario Party fans can expect from 9 - not a review - just a rundown of every feature in the game.

Edited on by Grubdog

pietriots.com - where serious gamers have fun with their puppies

Nintendo Network ID: GRUBDOG | Twitter:

Whopper744

Yeah Grubdog, you're right. The new concept of everyone moving together adds something new to it, that keeps you more involved with everything that happens.
Really enjoying this game for the most part. The one complaint besides luck, is how in MP8 the boards where all different (rules). With this one, everyboard is the same concept...really not sure if that's good or bad honestly.

Grubdog

I thought the magma one was quite different (and looks awesome). It's hard to build a lead when the lava keeps taking half your mini-stars - usually becomes a frantic sprint at the end!

pietriots.com - where serious gamers have fun with their puppies

Nintendo Network ID: GRUBDOG | Twitter:

Whopper744

The Bob-omb can make things interesting too on the one level. Me and my wife were playing it again last night (just me and her with no computers), and I I blew up and lost half my mini stars once, and it happened to her twice! Caused me to win actually!

Whopper744

The only compliant I had about the Mario Party series was that it got boring having to wait for computer opponents to do their turns, unless whatever they did affected me. Mario Party 9 seems to have solved that, so I'm grateful.

[/quote]

I can say that MP9 has improved upon that. You are more involved, aaand, one thing I love, is that you can turn the computer completely off. Just having 2 or 3 players, can be a nice change of pace sometimes.

traedarkness

I was glad to hear you can shut off the computer players. I used to get bored playing as well.

Currently playing:
Mario Party 9 (Wii)
Kid Icarus Uprising, Super Mario 3D Land,
Pokemon Rumble Blast, HarvestMoon3D:TaleTwoTowns(3DS)
3DS Friend Code:4038-6561-4182
PSN: traedarkness [SSX(PS3)

e-love

I'm glad Mario Party 9 refreshes the series, and really changes things up after 8 very similar games. In some ways I feel they should have added a "Classic" play mode for the play style of the past titles, but whatever. It would be a good idea from here on out for the series to have something completely new, and have that be the main point of the title, but also include a way to play like the other Mario Party titles released before. Kind of similar to how Mario Kart has the retro tracks.

phillyeagles36

I feel that Mario party 9 is awesome! I just had to post somewhere about it. This video on youtube on Blooper Beach is hilarious too!

phillyeagles36

Mryokokurama1

Yeah i agree why cant you skip the cpus turn. come on i could eat ten bowls of cereal and in the time of waiting for cpus finish there turn.

Mryokokurama1

Whopper744

I like being able to just turn the computer off. I wish they would have done this a long time ago.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.