Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 996

banacheck

I highly recommend Deus Ex:Human Revolution, Human Revolution is a mix of action/stealth & RPG elements, it's up to you if you want to complete the game using pure stealth. Or mix of stealth with gunplay or just using all out force, it's mostly 3rd person then switches to 1st person when using your guns. You can also take cover and move from cover to cover, as your character is augmented with cybernetics your upgrades are base upon body enhancements. where you can upgrade all parts of your body, some of the enhancements can be really handy allowing you to access areas you could not before. You also have options on replying to NPC's, you might choose to want a NPC help getting into an area. You can hack your way through doors or find password, as you can see Human Revolution is about how you want to play and choices. Hope this help on deciding on wether to get Human Revolution or not.

banacheck

kkslider5552000

I really regret getting Human Revolution on 360 near launch, this version seems so much better.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

Pro-Tip - Stickies are a feature you'll find on pretty much every forum ever. Why this place was ever an exception until now, I simply cannot comprehend, but hey, at least we have it now.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GoombaSlayer

Was thinking about writing a bit about every game i have so far but i dont want to hijack the thread and i also think that most Wii U owners know what games are great and which is not (so few though, really, just a couple of party and kiddy-games basically?)

So instead i decided to write a bit about the "lesser" games that people might be interested in but has not been sure to acquire

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

• Have played for about 5 hours and despite internet saying that this is a crappy port with huge framerate-issues i have yet to experience one. I ran into a bug which i although think was my fault since i turned the game off during one of the 2D-levels that is in between different worlds and when i loaded the save the game started on that level but Mickey was in the 3D-perspective and i couldnt move... so yes, it has flaws, but so far... not as worse as i think internet has said.
    Although i am fully aware that one can spend hundreds of hours of games without meeting a glitch and another player can spend a minute on it and it is a total glitchfest. (Like Saints Row which worked perfect for me but when i brought it to a friends Xbox the whole city dissapeared lol)
    The game itself is fun. Reminds a lot of Rares platform-games which they developed for Nintendo back in the day, hence they are more adventure games then platforming. It has great atmosphere, fun Disney-music numbers, a good storyline, its fun to save the city and it has lots of great cameos. The graphics is not the prettiest, basically looks like a well-made HD remaster of a Xbox (1) game or something.. but since it is a sequel to a Wii-game im thinking that it also is..

Rabbids Land

• This is not a pick up and play mini-game fest such as Mario Party. The game is most of all a board-game and players takes turn to throw the dice and the dice not always lead to a mini-game so thats what i mean with that its more of a board-game then a mini-game collection. The mini-games themself are fun, although a bit challenging, i think. This is not a good buy for the lone-player but if you have the time and friends to sit down for some board-game fun with some mini-games thrown in i think its a decent buy. Atleast for the low pricetag it has today.

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

• This is a "ordinary" slash em up game just like the previous Warriors Orochi, Samurai Warriors and Dynasty Warriors. You run around at huge levels and kills thousands and thousands of enemies just like that. The game and this category of game is definetely not for everyone but i think this is a lot better then most similiar games. There is a lot of pop-up enemies but that doesnt really matter since they are so many and its not what the overall "to do" when you play is about (well, it is... gameplay-wise.. but its not your goal in the missions). I heard a lot about framerate-issues but they must have been fixed in the update because they are non existent. The game has lots of content and different modes, a lot of characters (and you can have 3 playable characters on every mission that you switch between with just a press of a button). I think the game is fun.. but again.. its not a revolution of this category of games.. Its just a good one.
    If you pick it up soon you will also get a free DLC package with exclusive clothing.

Edited on by GoombaSlayer

GoombaSlayer

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

Pro-Tip - Stickies are a feature you'll find on pretty much every forum ever. Why this place was ever an exception until now, I simply cannot comprehend, but hey, at least we have it now.

I do consider it kind of an issue when the forum type you have is seemingly worse than the lame InvisionFree board I made in like 2005.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FireMario887

Lego City Undercover is a great game. The creativity and exploration is real good on the game, and it has good graphics. LCU is fun for everybody.

FireMario887

MrWalkieTalkie

Okay guys, my birthday is coming up June 7th! There's a few Wii U games I've had my eye on and others I'm not too confident about purchasing. What do you recommend?

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - I like Tekken, and I really like those Nintendo exclusive costumes!
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - I guess I could get into it, everyone on Miiverse seems to have a blast with it.
Injustice Gods Among Us - At first I wasn't gonna get it because of the whole DLC issue, but now that it's confirmed for this summer, I'm thinking about it again. I don't know...
Resident Evil Revelations - Should I just get the 3DS version or this?
Need For Speed Most Wanted U - Really unsure after that whole EA incident, but I hear this is really good
Sniper Elite V2 - Just came out apparently, pretty interesting I suppose.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

gaDronilDdos

GoombaSlayer wrote:

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
I think the game is fun.. but again.. its not a revolution of this category of games.. Its just a good one.

This is so true. Most people dont seem to like the series, but I've had loads of fun with them. I've played warriors 3 for about 100 hours on the Wii and about 50 hours of Warriors orchi 3 on Wii U.
They dont have anything exraordinary, but they have couple of nice things and they do them well.

Also lately I've spend lots of hours on Injustice. Now even more since they approved it to EVO. Hopefully some local tournaments start to pop up soon.

3DS fc: 3136-7253-6786
Currently playing RE: revelations
Please let me know if you want to add me.

WebHead

I recommend NSMB U. It is really fun and actually tries to live up to the " new" aspect. Imo, it is the best 2D Mario platformer since SMW. In fact NSMB U is pretty much a spiritual sequel to SMW lol.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

moomoo

@MrWalkieTalkie Don't get Sniper. I've only heard bad things about it.

Considering that Resident Evil: Revelations was designed around the 3DS, from graphics to gameplay progression, that still seems like the best version to go for. Plus, it's way cheaper.

I personally could never get into Moster Hunter. If you can only ever get a few games a year, it easily has the most content of your mentioned games, but be prepared for an insanely steep learning curve.

If you like the DC universe and Mortal Kombat mechanics, you'll probably like Injustice. Personally, I'm not much of a fan of MK; the controls are too clunky for me.

You like Tekken, so you can't go wrong with TT2.

Now, of those games, Need for Speed would be my personal pick. I had a blast with it on Wii U. The game has quite a bit of content, and the multiplayer is incredibly fun, as in, some of the best multiplayer on the system.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Tasuki

@MrWalkieTalkie: Well if you have a 3DS I would just get Resident Evil on that. For one thing its down to about $20 now so it wont be as much as the Wii U version also I think it looks alot better on the 3DS since after all this game was made for the 3DS to begin with.

As far as Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate goes its either a love hate kinda of game, you either like it or dont. Alot of people say you need to sink alot of time into it but honestly thats if you want to keep up with the people online. I mainly play the single player at my own pace and I have to say I am quite enjoying it. I know I have not even racked up the amount of hours some people have but neverless I am highly enjoying this one. If you are not sure about this one I would say rent it or borrow it first from a friend and see what you think of it. Don't go off of the demo cause the demo really is bad. Unless you have read up on the game and know what to expect in the full version like I did than the demo isn't too bad.

Injustice: Gods Among Us is great especially if you are a fan of DC or comics in general and fighting games. The game plays more like older fighting games say like Street Fighter or MK not like Marvel VS Capcom so if you like the old school tournment fighting games than you will enjoy this one. The story is also alot of fun and there is alot of different modes for re-playability factor. Also to add to that factor is online play and than as you said the DLC later this summer.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is good if you are a fan of the Tekken series which it sounds like you are and I think that the Wii U version is the best out of the 3 versions. Again like Injustice alot of modes add to the replayability factor.

Sniper Elite V2 yeah you would be better getting this one on 360 or PS3. Avoid the Wii U version.

Need for Speed I can't give an opinion on this one since these games aren't my cup of tea really.

Hope those suggestions helped you.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

GoombaSlayer

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Okay guys, my birthday is coming up June 7th! There's a few Wii U games I've had my eye on and others I'm not too confident about purchasing. What do you recommend?
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - I like Tekken, and I really like those Nintendo exclusive costumes!
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - I guess I could get into it, everyone on Miiverse seems to have a blast with it.
Injustice Gods Among Us - At first I wasn't gonna get it because of the whole DLC issue, but now that it's confirmed for this summer, I'm thinking about it again. I don't know...
Resident Evil Revelations - Should I just get the 3DS version or this?
Need For Speed Most Wanted U - Really unsure after that whole EA incident, but I hear this is really good
Sniper Elite V2 - Just came out apparently, pretty interesting I suppose.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition - If you like Tekken, you will enjoy this one. This is the best version of TTT2 with the same looks and mechanics of the original but a bunch of whole new additions and entirely new modes. There is all DLC-content, the new Nintendo-costumes for all characters and new modes which, i think, is the best the game has to offer. Especially fond of Mushroom Battle. For a Tekken-fan this is a must have.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Everyone will tell you that its a love or hate it game, and that is true, but its still a game. Not something very different that only the odd gamer can get into (even though they problably would like to think so). Its a Action-Roleplaying Game with more focus on the whole harvesting/grinding factor of this kind of game and less on the storyline. You will travel over beautiful enviroments and basically train yourself in being able to kill grander and grader foes. Its a lot of fun if you are into this kind of less-story oriented game. (Even though a stunner, its also a HD-remake of a 3DS-game so that shows as well when looking close on textures and such. But the colours... wow. A sight!).

Injustice: Gods Among Us - This is essentially Mortal Kombat 9 with DC Comics-characters and levels in it. Unlike Tekken Tag Tournament 2 this is a 2D-fighter in terms of gameplay but it makes up for it with tons of interactive things on the levels that the fighters can take use of as well as different layers of the levels such as in the Dead or Alive-games (you know... kick your foe so he flies of the building and continue the fight down there). The game is well made, truly fun, every character has their own feel and its enjoyable online despite lacking the Online Training Mode that other versions have. I would recommend it for a fighting-fan, i would say that this is more versus-compatible then Tekken. This is a more fun to play with friends at home, i think.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted U - If you like racing games this is a must have, and not only because there arent any other to chooce from. Most Wanted U is a open-world racing game similar to Burnout Paradise and its a stunner, the graphics is just amazing. Great lightning and sharp textures everywhere. The game is a lot challenging though, which i personally enjoy. It has tons of races, tons of content, it makes good use of new GamePad functions and well.. think about the most beautiful view you have seen in a PS360-game.. like in Uncharted 3 or something, where you just had to stand still and look at it for a moment.. This is how Most Wanted U looks all the time.

Im still waiting for my copies of Sniper Elite V2 and Resident Evil: Revelations. However i believe them both to be worth the buy. Sniper Elite V2 may lack online features but its still seems to have lots of enjoyable storycontent and from what i have heard Resident Evil: Revelations is the best game in the series since the 4th one.

GoombaSlayer

WebHead

LEGO City Undercover would also be another worthy purchase. It is a breath of fresh air.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Algus

I've only played the PS3 version of Tekken Tag 2 but I can't say enough good things about it. It literally has everything in it. You can build some great mashup teams and there's some really good solo content if you enjoy getting your fill offline (ghost mode is back). Graphics are gorgeous, a significant step up from Tekken 6, and the difficulty is more reasonable for novice players. The lack of an adventure mode is disappointing but the gameplay is solid.

What's the online competition like in Tag 2 on Wii U?

Where's the KABOOM?! There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM! sigh delays...delays...

GoombaSlayer

bonesy91 wrote:

Ok out of these two which one would you guys buy?

Lego City
or
Resident evil: Revelations

You know the titles are so completey different that its difficult to say.. Theres a lot of more content/playtime to get from Lego City Undercover but then again Resident Evil: Revelations is a more core-oriented experience with more horror and action that gives a good contrast to a lot of other games on the platform right now. Its the best Resident Evil since the 4th, i would say and it definetely a good step forward (and backward) to the more classic feel and gameplay of Resident Evil with more exploration, puzzles and.. locked doors
Both games are good buys though.

GoombaSlayer

SphericalCrusher

For anyone interested in buying a Wii U RIGHT NOW, I highly recommend the following games: New Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Racing, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (If they are a shooter fan and don't own it anywhere else), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (If they like this type of game), Lego City, and ZombiU. I have many more and love them all, but these are at the top of the list for a new buyer. Strictly my opinion.

Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0223-8931 | Nintendo Network ID: SphericalCrusher | Twitter:

Sonicfan11589

JUST GOT GAME AND WARIO IN THE MAIL. IT DOESN'T RELEASE TILL JUNE 23RD, MAN AM I SO LUCKY!!

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589

oh sorry, thank u, i didn't know where to post it, i originally tried to find a Game and Wario thread but had no luck.

Sonicfan11589

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic