Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 981 to 996 of 996

Sunsy

@NintendoByNature You're welcome. Keep in mind, what's typically L and R on a GameCube controller is ZL and ZR, and the Z button is L and R on this controller. If you do get it, you may need to reconfigure it for some games (Smash on Wii U and Brawl comes to mind).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

1UP_MARIO

@NintendoByNature I’d recommend the Wii u pro controller. Great battery life. I actually prefer it to the switch pro controller. They are quite cheap now

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

NintendoByNature

@1UP_MARIO I saw some pros and they were still priced quite high. Guess I'll start researching again to see if I can find a new one on the cheap

Edit: Amazon has official new for 150. Might grab a 3rd party for 20 or the fight pad

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

@NintendoByNature wow that’s too expensive. You can get them here for 30 pounds used amazon or eBay. I’ve seen some go for 18.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

NintendoByNature

@1UP_MARIO yea I think used were about 50. So i Might do 3rd party or that fight pad if i want to stay official. I don't need it asap so i can always hold out for a little while.

NintendoByNature

Von_Spaun

No idea if it has already been mentioned here but definitely Xenoblade Chronicles X! It is one of my all time favourite games.

Von_Spaun

Raylax

I'll throw a recommendation out for Affordable Space Adventures, a great indie game that makes really good use of the gamepad. Definitely worth a look.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Revanmann

I just bought a Wii U Friday, it should be here Wednesday. I got tired of waiting for Nintendo to port the HD Zelda titles. I have Wins Waker on the way, am going to grab Twilight Princess digitally, as well as the Metroid Prime trilogy, Skyward Sword, and Sports Bowling. AFAIK, that's what I'm interested in, but is there anything that's exclusive to the system still that I should look into? Someday I'll probably grab Star Fox and Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I'm not sure other than that. Thanks.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

gcunit

@Revanmann You should be able to get ZombiU pretty cheap.

Check SKTTR's post at the top of this page if your hunting exclusives. Nintendo Land, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby, Wii Party U, Art Academy - all worth getting.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoByNature

Would anyone here recommend Batman arkham origins?

NintendoByNature

jump

@NintendoByNature a lot of people like to poop on it as it’s made by a different studio but I enjoyed Origins. It has some of the best boss fights in the series. It’s not as good as City but it’s better than Knight imo.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NintendoByNature

@jump good stuff, I've had the itch to play some arkham games and I don't have the other games anymore. I'll probably check this out soon.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

F-ZeroX

Ok I need to try Star Fox Zero's coop mode now:

Playing co-op still necessitates the use of the Gamepad, but in co-op the Gamepad only controls the aiming and shooting. The other player (who has to use a Wiimote and Nunchuk, or a Pro Controller) controls the piloting and movement, while also having the option to shoot where they are aiming, much like in the original Star Fox. Having tried to play the game solo, I quickly gave up after a brief thirty-minute session. The second time around, I opted to try playing the game cooperatively with my girlfriend, and the difference was night and day. Being able to focus all my attention on one task was a godsend, and taking down bosses in tandem was infinitely more enjoyable. There’s also a light competitive aspect, as both players can shoot, and the game independently tracks each player’s number of hits.

In short:

the reason co-op works so well is because it splits up the tasks of shooting and piloting, which makes playing the game a much less daunting task.

Why the (single player) controls suck:

For the uninitiated, Star Fox Zero requires players to control their ship using the Wii U Gamepad, with the Gamepad’s gyroscope in charge of the aiming, while the physical buttons and thumbsticks are used to move around and shoot. It’s needlessly complicated, and while the most ardent of players might be able to get a hold on it with hours of practice, it’s by far the biggest barrier of entry to enjoying the game in the first place.

Beware if you wanna play coop:

Granted, it’s not exactly explained very well in-game. In order to even play co-op, you’ll need to first start a level, back out, and then re-select it with co-op.

https://hardcoregamer.com/articles/opinion/star-fox-zero-is-t...

Edited on by F-ZeroX

F-ZeroX

JakedaArbok

@F-ZeroX
I saw all the hate for Star Fox Zero, and I never understood why until I played in single player, it’s a night and day experience, and co-op improves the game a lot. It does say something about the controls when you need 2 people to operate them, but it does vastly improve the experience.

“A fool and his money are soon parted.”
Proverbs 11:20
Switch Friend Code: SW-6009-5662-0517

F-ZeroX

@JakedaArbok Thx for the feedback. The 'pilot on the controller, gunman on the gamepad' seperation of tasks makes perfect sense.

F-ZeroX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic