Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 996

DoodleJohn

Hi, I know this isn't really a "Should I get X or Y?" question, but rather, I'm curious as to how scary ZombiU is compared to Dead Space 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

DoodleJohn

devinias

Can't decide between RE:Revelations or MH3? Any suggestions. I don't get to play a lot in one setting except for when I am off work and everyone is a sleep. I know mh3 is large game but I also know it can be played in small portions. I liked the demos for both and love both series. any opinions would be nice.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Metroidlink

I personaly loved RE: Revelations, so I would go for that. It isnt as luck based as MH3U and you cant complain on the game becuase every step is your fault. I feel like MH3U dont have a specific story, but that is more about if you like story games or actual gameplay, while it is worth mention that some places in RE: Revelation you can move around in places it could be a cutscene.

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

CanisWolfred

Monster Hunter? Played in small portions? Each quest could take you almost 30-50 minutes unless you're really well-prepared/skilled. Not to mention it can take a new player like, 5-10 hours to really get to the meat of the game. I'd go with Resident Evil if you're looking for a game you can play in short bursts.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Snagrio

I already asked this in the VC section, but I figured I'd put it here as well since this thread gets a lot more traffic.

So, I've never played a Mega Man game, but of course his inclusion in Smash Bros. has got me curious. So out of all the Mega Man games recently rereleased on Wii U VC, which one (can only afford one atm) should I choose? I'm guessing 2 right?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

CanisWolfred

Yeah, Mega Man 2 is the better introduction to the series. Really eases you into things. If you have enough, you might want to try Mega Man X, though. It's a master of teaching you stuff without tutorials.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SLiM

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U is marked down to $40 this week at Target. I have always heard good things about the series, so I decided to grab it from Target and give the series a chance. I have only put two hours in it so far, but I can definitely see it as a game that I will invest many hours in.

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7489-4974
NNID: SLiM33

element187

DoodleJohn wrote:

Hi, I know this isn't really a "Should I get X or Y?" question, but rather, I'm curious as to how scary ZombiU is compared to Dead Space 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Get it get it get it... If you like horror games, you have to get ZombiU. It's by far the cariest game I have played in a long time.

I didn't feel any real tension in dead space as the majority of the game relies on jump scares (also low punishment for death means you don't care how many lives you lost, you just move back to the last checkpoint). ZombiU makes death very frustrating, because the punishment for death is steep, you actually feel compelled to keep your character alive at all costs, which builds the tension that way.

I love the horror genre, and I just don't think their is a better horror game out for any system then ZombiU.

Edited on by element187

element187

element187

Metroidlink wrote:

I personaly loved RE: Revelations, so I would go for that. It isnt as luck based as MH3U and you cant complain on the game becuase every step is your fault. I feel like MH3U dont have a specific story, but that is more about if you like story games or actual gameplay, while it is worth mention that some places in RE: Revelation you can move around in places it could be a cutscene.

MH3U is luck based? It takes all skill of knowing your weapon inside out and the mannerisms of the beast you are fighting. No luck involved.

element187

spizzamarozzi

DoodleJohn wrote:

ZombiU is scary in a very unique way, because it's not about making the monsters jump out from round the corner and scare you, but about creating a situation where every millimeter of your lifebar counts, and you can be attacked at any moment from any direction, even while you check your inventory. It's clever.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

WebHead

For those who have it, how is Darksiders 2 on Wii U?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

rockodoodle

Sonic Racing is my favorite.... was afraid that it wouldn't be all that great but wanted to get a racing game until Mario Kart came out to keep me occupied.... this game is great in its own right. Been my favorite one on the system.

SphericalCrusher wrote:

For anyone interested in buying a Wii U RIGHT NOW, I highly recommend the following games: New Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Racing, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (If they are a shooter fan and don't own it anywhere else), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (If they like this type of game), Lego City, and ZombiU. I have many more and love them all, but these are at the top of the list for a new buyer. Strictly my opinion.

rockodoodle

LeVideoGamer

Can anyone give me some recommendations for retail games? I have New Super Mario Bros. U, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Assassin's Creed 3 already. I'm starting a new job soon, so I won't have tons of time to devote to games like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and I spend most of my time gaming alone, so games like Nintendo Land and Game & Wario aren't very appealing to me. Any help is appreciated.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vgm/4237975235.html
Wii U owners in London, please check it out!

CanisWolfred

@LeVideoGamer

Do you like hard action games? Because Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge is one I could then recommend. Sonic Kart Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing Transformed is also good if you like Kart Racers. And yes, it has a meaty Singleplayer.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

arrmixer

@levideogamer

If you haven't play Arkim city or mass effect 3 their good single players

Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer | Twitter:

Torchwood

I just bought a Wii U and I'm going to get the following games-
NSMBU, Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Arkham City Armored Edition, ACIII, Black Ops 2, Darksiders 2, and Monster Hunter 3.

Are there any other retail games that are already out that I should consider getting?

3DS Friend Code- 4725-7991-3379
Nintendo Network ID- ChameleonCircuit

rockodoodle

I love sonic and all stars transformed.... would also recommend injustice and Zen Pinball either/both star wars and marvel

Torchwood wrote:

I just bought a Wii U and I'm going to get the following games-
NSMBU, Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Arkham City Armored Edition, ACIII, Black Ops 2, Darksiders 2, and Monster Hunter 3.

Are there any other retail games that are already out that I should consider getting?

rockodoodle

Peek-a-boo

I know Pikmin 3 is out this week (hooray!), but I cannot believe that since launch, the only two games really worth buying are Super Mario Bros. U (the Luigi DLC was disappointing) and LEGO City Undercover.

... really poor show.

Been a Nintendo fan for years and I cannot remember a more appalling start to a consoles life!

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic