Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,081 to 4,100 of 27,917

DreamyViridi

Admittedly, that's a very nice looking screenshot for a fake.
Palutena will hopefully be revealed playable sooner or later.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Snagrio

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

So I browsed through the SmashBoards.
In the Rumours and Leaks thread someone posted this pictures:
Untitled
Untitled
I hope the pictures are not too big.

So what do you guys think? Fake or real?
I would say it is fake.. Something is fishy about it.

Why must you taunt me so?

Clearly fake, but hopefully the real Goddess of Light will make her appearance soon (as a roster character please!); perhaps in March for Uprising's anniversary even.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Rezalack

I'm just curious, what makes you guys deem these as fake without second thought? Just because it's a leaked image or what? I'm not saying it's real, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was playable, possibly even a 3DS exclusive character. It's possible that 3DS and Wii U could have different line-ups seeing as they'll have different levels. I don't know if this was announced.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Snagrio

@Spuratis For one thing, Sakurai and co. wouldn't be so careless as to let a newcomer reveal leak out (though accidents can happen), plus there is a constant barrage of fake imaginary floating around so we've grown accustomed to disregarding any unofficial news.

To be fair this particular "leak" does look more convincing then usual, and the character portrayed is very possible as an actual addition to the playable roster. But for safeguarding's sake I'm not falling for it unless Sakurai himself reveals the real deal.

Snagrio

Rezalack

Ahh, alright. Thanks guys. I really didn't know what to think, I haven't believed any characters rumors yet, but this one seemed a little convincing. People really must have nothing better to do than make fake images. Also I hadn't heard that Sakurai ruled out console character exclusives. I guess thats good? In this case.. if this rumor is real, I wish she was 3DS exclusive seeing as I don't care for the character much. Whatever, there are plenty of Smash characters I don't care for already anyway. I'd much rather have her over a Mii or Pacman though, that's for sure.

Rezalack

DreamyViridi

@Spuratis - I imagine that some people just do that kind of stuff for fun. As far as rumours go, I say it's always best to disregard them and be surprised that they were true later on than believe a rumour and later be disappointed at the fact that it's false.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Snagrio

@Spuratis What'd you say about my Palutena? Oh, I understand, I'll just be over here, sharpening my beak...
Just remember, I'll be watching you.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

MrWalkieTalkie
Rezalack

WingedSnagret wrote:

@Spuratis What'd you say about my Palutena? Oh, I understand, I'll just be over here, sharpening my beak...
Just remember, I'll be watching you.

Lol, forgive me. I haven't played KI: Uprising yet and I'm quite ashamed of myself for that. Maybe my opinion would be different if I have. To be fair, she does look cool. It's just that none of my favorite characters ever get added to SSB.. so I don't know why I even care anymore.

Rezalack

Orngeblu

DestinyMan wrote:

More comments from Sakurai.

"Some other changes include:
-Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge.
-Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage."

For the 1st one, I guess the higher percentage, the less invicibility time, so you can be punished more easily while hanging on the ledge.

As for the 2nd one, I like it. If you're on the ledge and above 100%, any get-up will take longer than below 100%. I actually like this though. No it won't be so easy to punish others get-ups from the ledge.

Finally we get some information on game mechanics... Makes me more hyped for this game.

That looks so legit though, but her face... if this is fake, they messed up on her face badly.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Pootypie
Groosenator

Interesting thing discovered by some Smashboards user whose identity escapes me--the "leaked" pic of Palutena has a Starman broach hanging from her belt. This is something that both her design in Uprising and Brawl lack.

Groosenator

Snagrio

We've pretty much all agreed that the Palutena pics are fake, however I've noticed an interesting detail. @Orngeblu mentioned that her face looked off, and after looking closer I realized that that particular model looks very similar to her look from the Subspace Emissary cutscene (same dead-looking face).

EDIT: Wait a minute, unless my eyes are deceiving me, I think she has the black outlines given to playable characters. Either the guy went overboard with the details, or...

Nah, they can't be real. ...Right? After reading the Smash Board members' take on it, I'm starting to have second thoughts. Heck, maybe one is fake and the other is genuine.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

luisesteban

Well the belt is actually different.

luisesteban

Snagrio

It's no ordinary photoshop job that's for sure. I read through several pages of that Smashboards discussion, and many are saying if it is fake, then its the best looking hoax they've ever seen, and quite honestly I don't know what to believe about the matter now.

I'm trying so, so hard to force myself to remain unconvinced, but the fanboy side of me equally wants so hard for it to be true what with Palutena being on the top of my newcomer wish list.

EDIT: Wow, even GameXplain, who don't usually cover rumor stories, is giving their take on this.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

Snagrio

Wonder_Mask wrote:

The face is too messy to be real. They'd put detail into the face before anywhere else, it's one of the most important parts of any character. Even if she was in a very early stage of development, there's no way her face would be less refined than the rest of her.

That's honestly the only thing keeping me from fully believing the possibility of the rumor being real; the face. When you look at how expressive she is in Uprising, this Palutena appears dead by comparison. :/

Snagrio

Snagrio

Wouldn't it be ever so convenient if a Direct was announced tomorrow for Friday...

Snagrio

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic