Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 7,761 to 7,780 of 14,636

TheXReturns

We won? Awesome.
I kinda had an inkling we might, as some of the online teams for dogs were absolutely awful, but equally, some of them were pretty good. Fair play to one team I faced, who operated like a well oiled machine, and locked down the top of saltspray, and simply expanded out from there. They were one of my few losses of the night. (Fair few of the others were because 4 v 3.)

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

shani

What, 56:44% wins?! usually it's much closer. I wonder if it had anything to do with the connection problems. The connection was constantly lost and when I was able to play a match, it was often an easy win (once even 93:3%), just like when one team is shorthanded. I wonder if this happened to dogs more often than cats because 56:44% isn't normal.

Randomname19 wrote:

Am I the only one that got a Dogs vs Dogs match?(both teams had dogs shirts but my team's ink color was the same as the cats team's one)

I had that once, it happens when the game doesn't find a team. You still get Splatfest XP.

Operative wrote:

Every single game I joined, I was a level 6 among nothing but Japanes 40's. I got frustrated after like the 6th loss. I'm never gonna get to level 10 at this rate

Don't worry, getting to lvl 10 doesn't take that long. Even if you don't win that often, you still get XP. Besides, in Turf War you don't necessarily need more advanced weapons, just concentrate on inking the ground.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

TuVictus

I got to level 10! Today's matchmaking was much better. I feel so proud when we win and I end up at the top of the team list, haha. Picking weapons is so stressful though. Once I get used to one, switching is really hard to do. I'm gonna try out some ranked battles soon, I hope I can play with some of you!

TuVictus

TheXReturns

@Operative Now just try ranked mode, you'll shoot up pretty fast. The majority of C is pretty bad or unlucky.

EDIT: Ninja Squided... Congrats.

B/A ranks on the other hand...

@shani I had five 3 vs 4 matches, all three cats vs four dogs. Won the second, got disconnected after the first. That's the only experience I've had with disconnections over the last day. Plus, from what I've been reading on other forums, it seems like quite a few cats have also had a good streak. Perhaps a mix of the two?

In terms of Squads, I'll be available in about forty mins, if anyone's still here.

Edited on by TheXReturns

Jazzer94

As soon as I reached king I stopped playing so didn't contribute much to Dogs, honestly don't care who wins as 18 snails normally keeps me going.
@Operative time for you to play ranked.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

shani

@Operative: Nice, congratulations! It's also the hour of the day that contributes to matchmaking.
If you want to play ranked in squads, be sure to watch this thread as people here are playing almost every day.
@TheXReturns: That is conceivable, not that I wanted to say the cats didn't deserve this or anything. ^^ I really hope the disconnect problem is gone now (at least my internet connection is working fine), because I never had that prior to this Splatfest. Strangely enough, during this period I also had problems with reaching Miiverse etc. I hope it's not a hardware malfunction of my Wii U or something. A few people on Miiverse had similar problems though.

Think I'm gonna play a few Turf War matches now, if I don't get any disconnects, I'll switch to ranked. So holla if anyone of you wants to squid up!

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

TheXReturns

@Shani Gimme about 15 minutes. Anyone else up for squadding?

I play Gals and Rollers mainly, but, I'm not awful with anything.

Edited on by TheXReturns

jariw

Operative wrote:

I'm okay with that, it just seems like I'm at a deep disadvantage since they have much more advanced weapons than I

The weapons you have at the start are enough to win at any level. Focus on the gear and the abilities, to fill all 3 slots with useful stuff.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Blue_Blur

@pikminfan22: I can play in about an hour too... we should do a quad squad then!

@TheXReturns: @shani: Does playing in about an hour work for you guys?

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

shani

I'm not sure if I'll participate at all, since I still get connection errors. So as long as this problem persists, there's no point in playing squad/ranked. It would be a disadvantage to my team and cost me 10 rank points every time.
This is starting to worry me... think I'll try out MK8 online now and see if I have the same problem there. My wii U had to be repaired (the Wifi 5ghz module, because the Gamepad had issues receiving the data from the console) right after I had bought it so I hope this is not a hardware defect.

Blue_Blur

@pikminfan22: I've recently have had to reboot my Wii U for Splatoon, too... It just started doing this a few days ago, but it's good to know that it's not just me or my Wii U!

shani

I just found this thread which more or less confirms some assumptions that I made. Basically, players who had no connection issues at all before, now have them on a regular basis since update to 2.0.0. Especially in Turf War, Ranked seems to be less (but still) affected.

In another thread at reddit, I found this email response from Nintendo:

Thank you for your email to Nintendo.
I am sorry to read that you are continuing to experience an issue with your connection on Splatoon online.
We can confirm that due to the update that has occurred, some people are still having their connection affected. However this has been identified and escalated to our Head Office, and we are looking to ensure that this is resolved and that our servers are stabilised within the next few days.

Interestingly enough, I also found hints that this has occured during previous (though after the 2.0.0 update) Splatfests too.

Well at least it doesn't seem to be related to my internet. Speedtests show me 200Mbit down and 9-10 Mbit up, with a ping of 8ms.
I'll reset my router now, just to be sure.
@Blue_Blur: I think I have never even rebooted my Wii U so often as I did in the last 24 hours. ^^

EDIT: After reading this, I remembered that I had filled in the DNS from smartdnsproxy (for Netflix etc.) and usually this was never a problem (and it shouldn't, since a smartDNS only affects the services which it is made for), but I just deleted the DNS, hopefully this solves my issue!

Edited on by shani

Blue_Blur

@shani: So, if you think you solved the problem, wanna do some squad battles?

@pikminfan22: @TheXReturns: Want to join in?

Edited on by Blue_Blur

TheXReturns

It's late, so I'm turning in, unfortunately, but Squadding seems to be a good idea to get out of B/A rank ups and downs. I'm definitely watching this chat.

Blue_Blur

@pikminfan22: I'm in a turf war, so you can make the room, and I'll meet ya!

shani

@Blue_Blur: It seems like it's working properly now. I was able to play four matches in a row, yay!
Although it's still kinda Nintendo's fault for messing up the netcode, I could slap myself for not thinking of the DNS earlier.

I'll join you now!

Blue_Blur

@shani: @pikminfan22: With three of us playing, we could either wait for a forth person for squad, do a tri-squad, or private battles. Your guy's ranks are effected, so you can pick what we do!

shani

@Blue_Blur: I never played a tri-squad, but I read that it's not 3vs3 but 3vs4 then? If that's true, I'm for waiting. I just texted DaGreen or maybe someone else will join us.

@Operative: By the way, if you want you can add your NNID to your signature here, so that we can add you in Miiverse (of course you can also add one of us) if you want to squad up sometime.

Blue_Blur

@pikminfan22: @shani: Let's do private battles and wait and see what @shani's friend says. I opened a room. Rainmaker!!! XD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic