Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,301 to 3,320 of 14,636

Nintendo_Ninja

I think the Splattershot Jr is the best weapon. So well rounded and fast. There is nothing like it.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

-Green-

I remember the good old days during the Global Testfire where everyone thought the roller was OP, now it's the Aerospray and Gal. My how things change

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

elhozzo

@iggly
yes, re-read the Nintendolife review, its mentioned Wii U Pro Controller, so tried, and it worked this time ...
last time, it would not stay on, and it wasn't an option. This time, I started the game from Wii U Main Menu using the Pro, and the light stayed on, and it was an option ...

so cool ! played it with my son, he loved having all the weapons to choose from

elhozzo

Ralizah

Aromaiden wrote:

I remember the good old days during the Global Testfire where everyone thought the roller was OP, now it's the Aerospray and Gal. My how things change

It's the Little Mac of the Splatoon weapons. Initially it seems very powerful and fast, but you quickly find that the lack of flexibility with regard to its use means you can make quick work of most people who use it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jariw

elhozzo wrote:

posted this on eurogamer,net, but trying here too ... will buy a wired connection and try that this week :

got this a couple of days ago... seems lovely, lots of fun, what videogaming is about ...
but so far, I have not managed any online games, and its a bit bare without those ...
I try to connect to a battle, and after a minute, it gives some message about being unable to 'connect to partner'
I am in Italy, using an American Wii U ... not sure if thats the problem. I am on WiFi without the best signal, but I can download/use eshop etc. I even get the Splatoon news (which I didn't get once when the Wifi modem was off) so I am connecting ...

I am thinking to go for wired connection, as a last resort ... I found connecting on Mario Kart 8 to be a bit hit-and-miss ...

anyone had similar experiences ? maybe gone from wireless with issues to wired ??

If it's an error code like 118-0502 or 118-0518, it's a firewall issue either on your own console or any of the other 7 players during matchmaking. If you have constant issues, it's likely your own firewall causing issues. Google for the error code, and there are Nintendo document regarding how to fix the firewall issues.

If you only occasionally get the error message, try again. Once you're connected to the lobby, there shouldn't be any further issues.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

ultraraichu

Aromaiden wrote:

Oh yeah, remember that greatly. It was funny how people (the ones who can't counter them) one moment was saying it should be nerfed and the next said the same for Splattershot Jr. Pretty much any popular weapon was OP.
One of the things I love about this game is there is a work around for every weapon and special, as long as you know how a person use it.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

-Green-

FireEmblem wrote:

I my opinion the shield is the most OP special. C'mon seriously, they can just block your ink if you shoot 'em!

The only downside to it is that your shots bounce back the opponent so you can stall them with enough distance.

Ralizah

FireEmblem wrote:

I my opinion the shield is the most OP special. C'mon seriously, they can just block your ink if you shoot 'em!

I would vote Kracken. They're fast, invincible, leave ink wherever they go and have a devastating spin attack.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

-Green-

Ralizah wrote:

FireEmblem wrote:

I would vote Kracken. They're fast, invincible, leave ink wherever they go and have a devastating spin attack.

I don't know. The Kraken actually seems slower than the average squid, so you can usually out run or out maneuver them in squid form. I find the Bubble to be the best because it provides not only you, but you friends support. Also, since you tend to be faster than the Kraken as a normal squid, I just prefer it more.

Edit: Actually it was pretty funny a while ago I saw an Inkbrush player out run two Krakens on his own.

Edited on by -Green-

Ek1mus

I used to play Quake 3 Arena back in the day. Most people specialized in 2 weapons back then. Once anyone with the same skills gets the hang of Splatoon, every single combo can be devastating. I've seen smart sticky bomb placement, jumping and slinging ink with the krakon roller and just mad aiming skills with any rapid fire gun. So no, I don't think anything's overpowered, but the game does seem like second nature for some of you!

Life is like a box of squids, dark and slippery

Nintendo Network ID: ek1mus

jariw

FireEmblem wrote:

I often run into an Inkling and almost kill him (/her) but then they activate it and I don't stand a chance anymore.

(Edit: I'm talking about the shield... But now that I think about it, this also applies to Krakens!)

It's a special. It's your job to handle your opponent's Specials, just as the Inkstrikes, Killer Wails, etc, etc. If someone activates the special, move back.

jariw

ultraraichu

Aromaiden wrote:

FireEmblem wrote:

The only downside to it is that your shots bounce back the opponent so you can stall them with enough distance.

Personally that's one of the fun part about battling thoses bubblers, especially in a stage where there is water or a pitfall to push them in. Makes the splat even better when they do the jump and shoot as well.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

crimsontadpoles

Aromaiden wrote:

FireEmblem wrote:

Never knew that you can push back shielded enemies. I'll have to try it out next time

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

-Green-

crimsontadpoles wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

FireEmblem wrote:

Never knew that you can push back shielded enemies. I'll have to try it out next time

Yeah, but make sure your weapon has greater range than theirs or they can take you down.

veeflames

There's actually nothing much wrong with specials, to be honest. Believe it or not, you can trick those pesky Krackens, depending on your location. Try to hide, let the Kracken pass you, and then ambush the person. Shields are quite annoying since a player can share the shields. However, once you see a shield, turn back and run(what do you have to lose, anyway?). Or use your own shield. With Inzookas, you gotta be fast on your feet and escape.
Bottom line, when the opponent uses a special, R-U-N. Most times, you wouldn't even stand a chance, so escaping's your best bet. The only overpowered thing in this game are some of the weapons, IMO. but I'm learning how to deal with those weapons.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

rjejr

What's the deal w/ the bogo stick people constantly jumping in place? There aren't a lot of them yet but watching them on screen is giving me a headache. I'm afraid if everybody starts doing it I'm really not going to want to play anymore. I don't think it's cheating or anything, I still splat them anyway, but watching it is just annoying even w/ 1 or 2. If 6 or 7 people start doing it my poor eyes.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

-Green-

rjejr wrote:

What's the deal w/ the bogo stick people constantly jumping in place? There aren't a lot of them yet but watching them on screen is giving me a headache. I'm afraid if everybody starts doing it I'm really not going to want to play anymore. I don't think it's cheating or anything, I still splat them anyway, but watching it is just annoying even w/ 1 or 2. If 6 or 7 people start doing it my poor eyes.

People are doing that because they think it will make them harder to shoot, but in my opinion, it makes them all the more obvious of a target. I understand the jump spam for rollers, since they can fling ink really far that way, but normal blasters really don't benefit much. Especially since precise aiming isn't that significant at the moment, and from a distance they're even bigger sitting ducks than they would otherwise normally be.

In reality it's just people trying out the game's mechanic and trying to figure advantageous or abusive techniques and strategies.

UGXwolf

rjejr wrote:

Generally speaking, this makes them a harder target to hit. It's more effective against weaker guns with higher rate of fire or larger spread (but not both), as Blasters and Rollers render it useless and Gals and Charger only need one or two hits to secure a kill, anyways.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CanisWolfred

Jumping is also a very common tactic in Halo, when you didn't have a sprint or Jetpack option. Except this game actually has a better option than any of those, so...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

-Green-

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jumping is also a very common tactic in Halo, when you didn't have a sprint or Jetpack option. Except this game actually has a better option than any of those, so...

Yeah, pretty much. Ninja squid trumps it in my opinion.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic