Forums

Topic: Paper Mario: Color Splash - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 960

iKhan

I will say this. It doesn't have to be a full RPG to be good. Even if the game doesn't give experience, if the game is balanced well with coin mechanics, it can still be good.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

DarthNocturnal wrote:

If coins are the only thing battle is good for, why even have a battle system?

I believe that if Sticker Star went full action (or action-RPG), it would've been good. Not as good as a full RPG, but good like Super Paper Mario.

The series started in RPG (Paper Mario was even called Super Mario RPG 2 at one point), and it had it's best moments there. You can't really blame people for wanting a return to form.

I'm not really sure how those things tie together at all. Hearthstone is a turn-based strategy game without experience, at it does just fine.

Anyway, what I mean by balancing the coin mechanics is that if the game offers a ton of useful stuff you can buy with coins, such that you always want more, rewarding the player with coins isn't a terrible idea.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

NinChocolate

Sticker Star fan here. I'll just leave it at that. No need to express my interests in the game in this thread even after the official Sticker Star thread was locked because apparently it shouldn't exist for being as old as the game

NinChocolate

NintendoFan64

Alright...to anyone who thinks we're being immature babies here, how about this?:

How's that?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Operationgamer17

I hear the game's been removed from all of Nintendo's official channels.

Operationgamer17

Octane

@Operationgamer17: The trailer was never uploaded to YouTube, it's still in the Direct video though.

Octane

Operationgamer17

Chandlero wrote:

@Operationgamer17: That is interesting. Why is that?

I can't seem to find it on Nintendo's site, either. Turns out it was never on the YouTube channel other than the Direct video.

Operationgamer17

CM30

I think Nintendo realised how badly it'd be received and decided not to take a chance by uploading it. Especially after how badly Metroid Prime Federation Force is being ripped to shreds on all official Nintendo Youtube channels (they had to disable ratings for that one).

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

NintendoFan64

TomJ wrote:

It is wrong for me to say that the still animations for the characters used in Sticker Star and Paper Jam on the Wii U is shamelessly lazy??

If Pikmin 4 has more heart than this or Star Fox Zero, out with Miyamoto in the game industry, please!

Not at all. It just looks really choppy. However, I don't necessarily want Miyamoto to leave. What I want, however, is for someone, ANYONE at Nintendo to have the guts to say "No, Mr. Miyamoto. We are not doing that. That is a bad idea.", or at the very least say "It's an...interesting idea, but there's some parts of it that I think we should change.".
@Sinister My thoughts exactly. And it came from a damn Muppet!

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Octane

I've seen GameXplain's analysis video, and there's plenty of hidden stuff. The game looks great so far, definitely getting this day one.

Octane

Shinion

TomJ wrote:

It is wrong for me to say that the still animations for the characters used in Sticker Star and Paper Jam on the Wii U is shamelessly lazy??

If Pikmin 4 has more heart than this or Star Fox Zero, out with Miyamoto in the game industry, please!

Please tell me you're not any older than 10.

Shinion

Joeynator3000

...I get the feeling this game is going to have little story and no dialogue again. >_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Chandlero

Megumi wrote:

...I get the feeling this game is going to have little story and no dialogue again. >_>

I get the feeling, too. Maybe the game will be great, maybe. However, the fun I had while playing PM:TTYD was based on the funny story, funny dialogs, funny scenes and funny characters. The humour was just great and unique. Therefore a lot of people want to a actual successor!

Edited on by Chandlero

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.