Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 4,401 to 4,420 of 4,852

JoyBoy

OorWullie wrote:

Mahemoth wrote:

The whole "shall we get started?" thing is a bit useless isn't it. The person deciding what stage to pick can't even see the chat. (as far as I'm aware)

It's the same with "Lets wait for more players" ,you only see it after you've already chosen.

Yeah, exactly, that's the one I was forgetting. It's just so stupid lol.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

erv

Just do what I do: keep spamming I’m excited, no matter the position you’re finishing in.

I’m excited! I’m excited! I’m excited!

That is so awesome.

Edited on by erv

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

JoyBoy

Excited is the word. I want more excitement in these lobbies. Bowser together with the Koopalings should barge into the lobby and pick a fight will all the Mii's. That's what is missing... Forget about Arena's... this is the thing...

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Blast

Wow... What's worse... Being close to 1st but you get hit by a item that ruins everything within seconds?
Or....
Being stuck in the chaos zone known as 3rd place and lower and having to fight nonstop?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

erv

Mahemoth wrote:

Excited is the word. I want more excitement in these lobbies. Bowser together with the Koopalings should barge into the lobby and pick a fight will all the Mii's. That's what is missing... Forget about Arena's... this is the thing...

I want Bowser to thomp into view and roast any mii that hasn't voted within 10 seconds. Then, he pulls off his evil muhahaa laugh.

Bowser is awesome.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

OneBagTravel

Blast wrote:

Wow... What's worse... Being close to 1st but you get hit by a item that ruins everything within seconds?
Or....
Being stuck in the chaos zone known as 3rd place and lower and having to fight nonstop?

Being stuck in 3rd place on the last lap and the item boxes only giving you coins to work with -_-

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

jariw

Guitardude7 wrote:

Just curious, is there anyway to practice 200cc mode in Time Trials? I would love a way to practice without a bunch of racers hitting me with tons of items.

AFAIK, Time Trials are 150cc only. You can set up a 200cc "vs." race with no items though.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Sample_Text

Guitardude7 wrote:

Just curious, is there anyway to practice 200cc mode in Time Trials? I would love a way to practice without a bunch of racers hitting me with tons of items.

Sadly, no, but you could do a two-player race and just let the other player sit and turn items off (or mushrooms only to practice shortcuts). The only thing is that you would have to make player two the gamepad or else the controller will go off and you will have to turn it back on. I hope Nintendo does a 200cc time trial update.

Not much to say here. I like Nintendo. That's about it.

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

Awesome news guys!!! Apparently Nintendo has plans to release more MK8 DLC later this year!

Source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/24020/1/nintendo-outlines-plans-fo...

See my reply just above over your message. This note is referring to the DLC2.

The MK8 producer has now been moved to head of mobile development.

I saw that, looks like DLC pack 2 and 200cc is infact the end of MK8 support. A huge shame!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

jariw wrote:

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

Awesome news guys!!! Apparently Nintendo has plans to release more MK8 DLC later this year!

Source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/24020/1/nintendo-outlines-plans-fo...

See my reply just above over your message. This note is referring to the DLC2.

The MK8 producer has now been moved to head of mobile development.

I saw that, looks like DLC pack 2 and 200cc is infact the end of MK8 support. A huge shame!

Not necessarily. DLC can still be made while mobile development happens. Only the producer was moved. There's still an entire team of people who can work on more DLC for MK8. That being said, the second DLC Pack was probably intended to be the last pack. Splatoon and Smash will get DLC into next year though. Or at least Smash. Splatoon has the free content updates through August, but I'd be shocked if they didn't release paid DLC afterwards.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

jariw

IceClimbers wrote:

Not necessarily. DLC can still be made while mobile development happens. Only the producer was moved. There's still an entire team of people who can work on more DLC for MK8. That being said, the second DLC Pack was probably intended to be the last pack. Splatoon and Smash will get DLC into next year though. Or at least Smash. Splatoon has the free content updates through August, but I'd be shocked if they didn't release paid DLC afterwards.

Smash doesn't even have all the things that were promised in the 50 fact extravaganza yet.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Smash doesn't even have all the things that were promised in the 50 fact extravaganza yet.

The painful wait for Tournament mode

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Starpower67

This is going to sound like a stupid question. But you do have to beat 150cc to play the 200cc right? Even if you paid for the dlc? It's the only part of the dlc that won't show up immediately?

Starpower67

Marioluigi7654

Starpower67 wrote:

This is going to sound like a stupid question. But you do have to beat 150cc to play the 200cc right? Even if you paid for the dlc? It's the only part of the dlc that won't show up immediately?

Well since the 4.1 update, I think you no longer have to unlock it...
But before that, you needed to get all 8 gold trophies in 150cc to get 200cc GP.

Marioluigi7654

Nintendo Network ID: redml51

Rexcalibr

I still find it bizarre that neither the Koopa Clown Kart or Bowser Jr. made it to the roster.

Does anyone think there will be any future DLC? I don't think there will be but I can't wrap my head around why they would not want Bowser Jr. on the roster, and I am someone who likes the Koopa Kids better but I know Nintendo favors him over them.

I also think the Clown Kart would have been an obvious choice as a vehicle. Especially since it was in older Mario Kart games.

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic