Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 4,421 to 4,440 of 4,852

Rexcalibr

brewsky wrote:

MajinSoul wrote:

What I hate however, are the annoying people that spam messages. I haven't found a way to disable them, so that really gets on my nerves.

Personally, I find the people that intentionally wait until the last second to cast a vote for the course to be much more annoying.

^
THIS!

Untitled

I'll admit, I'm one who usually spams the "Shall We Get Started" because people will literally wait until the very last second to choose a stage and it's pretty annoying.

One thing I wonder is how that "lobby" looks on my screen compared to the other 12 players. I'm willing to bet all the Miis are in a different order and doing different things on everyone's screen. I know when you're actually racing, nobody can hear the horns except their own but I tend to hit left and right before the race starts as the countdown starts so my racer is swaying back and forth and looking really hyper but I'm pretty sure other players can't see that on their end either.

Rexcalibr

Deanosaurrrrrr

NintyMan wrote:

It's a wonder the Bowser Mobile from Super Mario 3D World isn't a DLC kart.

Oh that's a great idea. Can't Believe they haven't put it in.
With the last pack having the "super bell" cup it would've worked well

Deanosaurrrrrr

Twitter:

Fandabidozi

Starpower67 wrote:

This is going to sound like a stupid question. But you do have to beat 150cc to play the 200cc right? Even if you paid for the dlc? It's the only part of the dlc that won't show up immediately?

It unlocks for everyone now, as does mirror mode. I just recently got MK8 and only have 6 gold trophies on 150cc.

Edited on by Fandabidozi

NNID: Fandabidozi
3DS Friend Code: 2552-1581-3189
AC Pocket Camp: 1580 9310 141

My Nintendo: Fandabidozi | Nintendo Network ID: Fandabidozi | Twitter:

Rumorlife

Why do people keep adding Nin and the star character before their Mii names? Are they trying to pretend they're someone from Nintendo?

Also someone was playing as Wario online and we kept getting close and bumping but it was making Rosalina sounds instead of Wario.

Rumorlife

Captain_Toad

Dankykong wrote:

Also someone was playing as Wario online and we kept getting close and bumping but it was making Rosalina sounds instead of Wario.

Well, that's one image that's not leaving my head anytime soon.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

cloudrunner64

Hello! Just a quick rant. It feels like im racing the same tracks online. It isnt random enough and feels like its been this way since the new DLC.

Now heres a question. By creating a tournament, will i be able to get around that?

PSN cloud_runner64

Jacob717

cloudrunner64 wrote:

Hello! Just a quick rant. It feels like im racing the same tracks online. It isnt random enough and feels like its been this way since the new DLC.

Now heres a question. By creating a tournament, will i be able to get around that?

No, the only way you can pick courses is to play with friends. I don't know why Nintendo doesn't just let people on regular online races to pick tracks and gray out the last 16 tracks that were played on. That's better than having a random number generator, which just ends up picking the same 3 selections over and over.

Jacob717

Sample_Text

Jason723 wrote:

cloudrunner64 wrote:

No, the only way you can pick courses is to play with friends. I don't know why Nintendo doesn't just let people on regular online races to pick tracks and gray out the last 16 tracks that were played on. That's better than having a random number generator, which just ends up picking the same 3 selections over and over.

^That's a really good idea, I think it is much better than what they are doing now, but part of the issue is also that some people choose the same course over and over again.

Not much to say here. I like Nintendo. That's about it.

UGXwolf

Sample_Text wrote:

Jason723 wrote:

cloudrunner64 wrote:

^That's a really good idea, I think it is much better than what they are doing now, but part of the issue is also that some people choose the same course over and over again.

They wouldn't be able to, since the last 16 tracks you raced on aren't playable.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

Sample_Text wrote:

Jason723 wrote:

cloudrunner64 wrote:

They wouldn't be able to, since the last 16 tracks you raced on aren't playable.

But each person would have had a different last 16 tracks hence nothing would be playable.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Sample_Text wrote:

Jason723 wrote:

cloudrunner64 wrote:

But each person would have had a different last 16 tracks hence nothing would be playable.

It'd have to be for the specific lobby, and not the individual players.

Sample_Text

UGXwolf wrote:

Sample_Text wrote:

Jason723 wrote:

cloudrunner64 wrote:

Sorry, when I said people choose the same track over and over, I meant in the current Mario Kart online, not the idea suggested above. When Jason said that the random course selector chose the same three tracks over and over again, I added that everyone also chose the same track. If one of the options you want happens to be alongside SNES Rainbow Road...good luck.

Tldr: I accidentally caused a misunderstanding.

Not much to say here. I like Nintendo. That's about it.

UGXwolf

@Sample_Text Which is sad, because SNES Rainbow Road is boring. Not as a bad as Water Park, but it's really not all that fun. People just like it for nostalgia reasons, for the most part.

gcunit

It should be said at this point... SNES Rainbow Road in MK8 is the most beautiful, wondrous thing in gaming.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

@Sample_Text Which is sad, because SNES Rainbow Road is boring. Not as a bad as Water Park, but it's really not all that fun. People just like it for nostalgia reasons, for the most part.

I agree. It would've been fine if Super Mario Kart was well represented in past Mario Kart games (DS onwards) as retro tracks given that for example Double Dash is running out of new choices (only Mushroom City, Wario Colosseum, Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road not used) hence why Yoshi Circuit and Baby Park were repeated. That isn't the case though with Super Mario Kart tracks as DS had 4, Wii and 7 had 2 each, 8 had 1 so 9/20 in total. SNES Rainbow Road should've been replaced by something like Ghost Valley 3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Flopsy86

gcunit wrote:

It should be said at this point... SNES Rainbow Road in MK8 is the most beautiful, wondrous thing in gaming.

Agreed there, it's hands down one of the best tracks in the game (even though it's DLC).

I would also like more love for more of the SNES tracks: Chocolate Island, Vanilla Lake, Ghost Valley, Koopa Beach.

Vanilla Lake would be especially interesting because of all those ice blocks that blocked your way.
Most of the SNES tracks are extremely short, that's the problem. They were designed for 5 lap races and not 3. I guess they could default them to 5 laps like how Baby Park got the unique 7 laps.

Flopsy86

Nintendo Network ID: Flopsy86

Deanosaurrrrrr

Flopsy86 wrote:

gcunit wrote:

Agreed there, it's hands down one of the best tracks in the game (even though it's DLC).

I would also like more love for more of the SNES tracks: Chocolate Island, Vanilla Lake, Ghost Valley, Koopa Beach.

Vanilla Lake would be especially interesting because of all those ice blocks that blocked your way.
Most of the SNES tracks are extremely short, that's the problem. They were designed for 5 lap races and not 3. I guess they could default them to 5 laps like how Baby Park got the unique 7 laps.

|

I'm sure if they did add more Snes tracks (Which I hope they do) They change it in some way so that it doesn't feel so short. I mean the way they've been able to re-imagine the GBA tracks (oh, and Donut plains), I'm sure they could make them amazing.

Deanosaurrrrrr

Twitter:

Shirma_Akayaku

UGXwolf wrote:

I agree with you on that. When it came back in Mario Kart 7, it played really, really well. The road was slightly wavy, the thwomps were a good size, and 8 players worked perfectly (plus, the visuals were bright and colorful). In Mario Kart 8 however, it was the complete opposite. It went from one of my favorite retro tracks to one of the worst. The roads are so wavy that it can mess up your turning, and the thwomps are so big that it makes having 12 players terrible.

The only saving grace for that track is its visuals, but that alone doesn't make it any better. If anything, I preferred the bright and colorful road in MK7 instead of MK8's dull neon colors (besides, Electrodrome pulled this look off way better).

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Rumorlife

I loved when MK8 first came out and everyone was trying to bounce the waves in SNES Rainbow Road like they could in MK7 and it didn't work so people would get all messed up.

Rumorlife

Dizzy_Boy

Just saw an MK8 advert (ok, not that special), but they actually advertised the fact it had DLC. That's s first for Nintendo.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic