Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 446

Yoshi

DPad wrote:

That figure looked shopped. Its real? O.o
Captain Toad would be a better playable character than regular Toad for sure. But how could they explain him jumping in Smash & not his own game? Springy shoes? Lol

Because Captain Toad is not in Smash Bros. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker is amiibo-compatible, so there must be an amiibo figure to go with it.
Just because there's an amiibo figure does not mean it has to be in Smash. Other games will support as well.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

jariw

DPad wrote:

But how could they explain him jumping in Smash & not his own game?

I think this has been answered somewhere earlier in this thread. It's the same as in 3D World: the regular Toad can jump and run, while Captain Toad has a heavy burden to carry around.

jariw

DefHalan

I think any amiibo compatible game should work with all amiibo figures. What would be the point in creating amiibo if a figure didn't work for all amiibo games. I think different amiibo figures will give captain toad special abilities that he can use to solve puzzles. You scan the Link amiibo and Toad gets a sword or bombs. Smash Bros. might be the acception to the rule but I think all amiibo figures should work on all amiibo games.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

DefHalan wrote:

I think any amiibo compatible game should work with all amiibo figures. What would be the point in creating amiibo if a figure didn't work for all amiibo games. I think different amiibo figures will give captain toad special abilities that he can use to solve puzzles. You scan the Link amiibo and Toad gets a sword or bombs. Smash Bros. might be the acception to the rule but I think all amiibo figures should work on all amiibo games.

Maybe? I dunno. It seems like most characters would be hard to implement for something like Captain Toad or Mario Party 10.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DPad

@brewsky & @jariw
I was replying to Sean_Aaron's post about him being in Smash. I knew he wasn't. I was speaking hypothetically.

Didn't know this game would be amiibo compatible though. That's cool. Wonder what they'll do exactly.

Anyone else think that picture is shopped? O.o

I command the following plan, obtain green stars & stamps!
MOST ANTICIPATED WiiU GAMES:
1. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
2. The Legend of Zelda U
3. Sonic BOOM
4. Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
5. Splatoon

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Maybe? I dunno. It seems like most characters would be hard to implement for something like Captain Toad or Mario Party 10.

I think the Power Up idea works for Captain Toad and at least character costumes for Mario Party... just some ideas

jariw

DPad wrote:

Yes, that Amiibo picture of with Captain Toad is photoshopped. It's just one of the available promotion pictures with an added disc picture underneath.

jariw

UGXwolf

jariw wrote:

DPad wrote:

Yes, that Amiibo picture of with Captain Toad is photoshopped. It's just one of the available promotion pictures with an added disc picture underneath.

My mind has been tainted by Smash Bros. trophies! I actually thought that model was possible, but it defies the laws of physics.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

erv

But if it's confirmed to be amiibo compatible, there almost has to be a captain toad amiibo...?

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

DPad

Tops wrote:

erv wrote:

But if it's confirmed to be amiibo compatible, there almost has to be a captain toad amiibo...?

Yeah but the picture posted is not it. Look at the coins flying out of the cart.

Yeah, and the diamond. Cool. Glad I'm not crazy. Lol

I command the following plan, obtain green stars & stamps!
MOST ANTICIPATED WiiU GAMES:
1. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
2. The Legend of Zelda U
3. Sonic BOOM
4. Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
5. Splatoon

Octane

Tops wrote:

erv wrote:

Yeah but the picture posted is not it. Look at the coins flying out of the cart.

Didn't you know? Nintendo has been working on this for a few years now, but they finally managed to create anti-gravity amiibos.

Octane

jariw

erv wrote:

If a Captain Toad as a specific Amiibo should be required for this game, that would defy the idea of Amiibo, IMO. If Nintendo promises that Amiibos should work across different games, a game that requires a specific kind of Amiibo would work in the opposite way. As a customer, I'd expect the (for example) Link Amiibo to work in MK8, SSB U as well as Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

jariw

sinalefa

I see Captain Toad's Amiibo being compatible with any other game that uses Toad, like MK8. I don't think all amiibos will be compatible with all games that support the feature.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

DefHalan

jariw wrote:

erv wrote:

If a Captain Toad as a specific Amiibo should be required for this game, that would defy the idea of Amiibo, IMO. If Nintendo promises that Amiibos should work across different games, a game that requires a specific kind of Amiibo would work in the opposite way. As a customer, I'd expect the (for example) Link Amiibo to work in MK8, SSB U as well as Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Exactly, that is why I think the Amiibo will give Toad a Power-Up and possibly offer certain levels re-done to challenge the player's skill with the new power up... but that is just my idea

Inkling

Am I the only one who sees Captain Toad as Galaxy 3? Similar to how Yoshi's Island is Super Mario World 2.

It's probably only me

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

kkslider5552000

Splatom wrote:

Am I the only one who sees Captain Toad as Galaxy 3? Similar to how Yoshi's Island is Super Mario World 2.

It's probably only me

If anything it would be 3D World 2.

Unless you mean quality in which case HAHAHAHAHAHA no. A Toad puzzle game is probably not gonna be on par with one of the greatest platformers ever made.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

C-Olimar

DestinyMan wrote:

Who else is happy to see Shy Guys as enemies? Even though this isn't a Mario game, it makes me hope that one day Mario can fight those little masked men again. Right now they're a nice reference to Toad's dealings with them in Super Mario Bros. 2.

Me! It's weird how they often make it to Mario Kart and other spin offs but in non-party games are limited to side series such as Mario + Luigi and Yoshi's Island. I love those little Guys! I also helps that they hail from the best (2D) Mario game ever, SMB2.

Edited on by C-Olimar

C-Olimar

Captain_Toad

DestinyMan wrote:

Who else is happy to see Shy Guys as enemies? Even though this isn't a Mario game, it makes me hope that one day Mario can fight those little masked men again. Right now they're a nice reference to Toad's dealings with them in Super Mario Bros. 2.

Now that you've mentioned it, yeah it's been so long to last see them again as enemies...well besides in a yoshi game (i.e yoshi's new island 'nd woolly world 'nd kart 'nd party). Too bad that it's been so long since our last meeting that the Shy guys fitness levels has pretty much suffered heh, heh.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.