Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,781 to 4,800 of 4,839

Zuljaras

@Tasuki Lots of differences! Mainly in the controls and in the presentation.

The one that really makes me sad is that in skirmish/custom mode there are no maps set in the desert, snow or in twilight environments.

Both StarCraft and Broodwar are on the cartridge and there is 2 player split screen

Tasuki

@Zuljaras I figured the controls would.be the biggest difference. It seems that they built the game specifically for consoles rather then just a crappy port. My friends you were into Star Craft never owned a N64 they went with Playstation and PC at the time but if they knew about these game they probably would have got it along with an N64.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

HammerGalladeBro

Can it be considered a retro purchase?

Today on a visit to my sister, I found a physical version of Wii Sports Club for the Wii U. Being a Wii U game meant it was cheaper than usual.

It's been a month since the past eShops closed and I decided not to get the Passes for the digital version in hopes of finding the physical version that doesn't need any additional downloads one day. I didn't think it would be sooner than I had hoped.

Now, I just need a Wii Remote Plus (the Wiimote with the integrated MotionPlus). I have a Wii MotionPlus, but it's not really the same.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is now a hidden gem of the Nintendo 3DS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0197-9566-9983 | 3DS Friend Code: 2251-9732-5870 | My Nintendo: AlexHGB | Nintendo Network ID: AHammerGalladeB

Zuljaras

Yesterday I ordered WarCraft II: The Dark Saga for the PS1. I do not know why but I love RTS games on consoles!

For now I have:
1. StarCrtaft 64
2. Command & Conquer (Nintendo 64)
3. Dune II Battle for Arrakis (Sega Mega Drive)

Tasuki

@Zuljaras I can't even count how many hours I lost on WoW lol. I can honestly say it ranks in the top 5 of my favorite games of all time, and is probably the sole reason I want another computer at some point.

My Backlog

Zuljaras

@Tasuki Same here. However, in its recent iterations it lost its charm for me. The immersion is just not there

Shadowlands was terrible and I can't even get past lvl 64 in Dragonflight

At least there are the classic servers or local offline server repacks (up to Wrath of the Lich King) that you could setup on your PC and play alone or with bots.

Tasuki

@Zuljaras That's what Inwould end up doing, is WoW Classic. In fact I was just talking to my friend about it last night. I played up to Cataclysm before my computer died and honestly what they did with the game since doesn't impress me. Yet there is still alot of stuff I never experienced in Lich King that I have always wanted too.

My Backlog

Jhena

Wave Race for the N64. I love those old boxes.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Zuljaras

@Tasuki I started WoW on the legit servers 2 weeks before the start of WotLK and made it through the entire expansion ... it was glorious when we killed Arthas. An end of an era. Everything past that was ... meaningless. Cata was my breaking point, just like with you.

Played some after WoD but nothing serious.

Still the Blizzard team's cinematics make me have goosebumps The best one for me is Warlord of Draenor, even though all others are amazing as well.

Sorry I went too much off topic for this thread, still World of Warcraft Classic should be considered retro at this point!

Tasuki

@Zuljaras I started WoW Midway into Lich King. I can't remember when cause I didn't keep track of when new raids and that dropped. Also at that time I was leveling a character up from level 1 at that point. By the time I got to max level the Argent tournament was around. I remember going through Icecrown Citadel too at the time with my guild.

As for Cata I will say I wasn't impressed yeah I did some of it but not a whole lot and MoP only interested me because of the Asian influence as I enjoy Asian culture and history.

As for anything after MoP it didn't impress me much only when they announced WoW Classic did it make me want to play again.

My Backlog

HeavyMetalWario64DS

I got Micky's Speedway USA for N64 recently. Also got Need for Speed Nitro on Wii

Also, while not a game, I got a new battery for my GBA SP

Edited on by HeavyMetalWario64DS

HeavyMetalWario64DS

XandertheWise

Metroid Prime 1 for Gamecube came in the mail a half hour ago today. Going to be replaying it this weekend

Used to have Metroid Prime 1 for my Gamecube years ago but kind of lost interest in it but decided to get back into getting and playing the first game before restarting Metroid Prime 2

XandertheWise

KingMike

@HammerGalladeBro Actually Wii Sports Club seems to be one of the more expensive Wii U games (I guess because probably not many people actually bought the game, but especially the physical copy). People likely already owned a copy of the original, and if they didn't, ebay surely was filled with them for cheap.
So, the question was how much people wanted to have the game in HD.

KingMike

Jhena

Smurf Racer for the PlayStation 1. The newest one is nice and I thought it would be good to try the old one. The music and artstyle is certainly more classy.I

Edit: Disney's Hercules Action Game for the PlayStation 1. I beat the first level today to check whether the game is still working and I had good fun whilst doing this. There is something so pure about old games. I am sure this is another good purchase.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

HammerGalladeBro

Nothing too spectacular, but today I got Disney's Magical Quest Starring Mickey & Minnie for the Game Boy Advance.

Much like other games of its time such as the Super Mario Advance series, this is a GBA port of The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, an SNES game made by Capcom. This version was made by both Capcom and Nintendo.

I have played the SNES original a couple of times, but I've never owned it or even beaten it. I'm glad to have this in my collection, downgrade and all. You never see it being offered, let alone for a good price.

This is the first game in a trilogy, the other 2 games were also ported to the GBA as well, with the unlocalized 3rd entry seeing an international release on the GBA. Though Nintendo wasn't involved in the ports of the sequels like it did for the first game.
If I come across them, I'll get them as well.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is now a hidden gem of the Nintendo 3DS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0197-9566-9983 | 3DS Friend Code: 2251-9732-5870 | My Nintendo: AlexHGB | Nintendo Network ID: AHammerGalladeB

AnVold

My latest retro purchase is Project Gotham Racing 2 for Xbox Original. I was wondering how they showed Moscow of the 2000s in the game. I was pleased to hear old music and see billboards from my childhood again
Untitled

Edited on by AnVold

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

HeavyMetalWario64DS

I got Drift King Shutokou Battle '94 and Drift King Shutokou Battle 2, both for the Super Famicom recently. Also got 2 empty SNES cart shells so I could play them with Google Translate on my SNES. They seem like good games so far, minor complaint about the tracks being flat, but this is the SNES. Otherwise, they have an upgrade system and the physics are some of the best I've seen in a racing game on SNES, as well as looking decent for an SNES game.

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic