Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,721 to 4,740 of 4,839

Kermit1doesmath

Here's my antique store haul. They didn't really have any video games, but they did have tons of NASCAR stuff.

I'm taking Sabertooth out of the packaging, his box is already crushed. I already took out Medieval Spawn his box was almost completely crushed.
Untitled

I got really lucky with The Beatles DVDs, they're brand new and I paid only $15 US for them.
I love that car from Speed Racer so when I saw it I had to get it.
The IMAX NASCAR DVD was a funny looking when I was sifting through the DVD rack and I thought it was so odd I needed it lol.

dysgraphia awareness human

WaffleBoat

I just got DDR Mario mix for gamecube. Its surprisingly good for how odd it seems.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Aozz101x

Picked up Wario World (Japan version), Hexen, The Sims 2, (PC) and completed The Sims 3.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

KingMike

Because I want to feel as hurt by the game as possible, I bought a SFC cart of Super Empire Strikes Back.
One of the streamers I watched recently did a marathon where he played over 60 SNES games suggested by his audience for an hour each, and later ranked Empire an F-tier game.
I would put it among Bart's Nightmare as games with some creative ambition but just too relentless. Even on Easy, the game just spawns crap all over the place.
If I play Jedi, it's be a joke to see how stupid that is.

KingMike

NintendoByNature

Bought wave race blue storm for gamecube. That's retro enough I'd assume.

NintendoByNature

Tounushi

Been following a Wii U/Wii and 3DS/DS purchase plan since January and it'll continue until next March. Most of my purchases have been digital, as getting disks and carts is simply murder on the wallet, but I've essentially doubled my physical Wii library.
Got most of the Trauma Center games the past spring and summer, Conduit 1 & 2, Nights, Overlord, Dead Space, Last Story, the Symphonia sequel, Medal of Honor Heroes, Battalion Wars 2, Samurai Warriors: Katana, Mad World, and Crystal Bearers.
And dozens of Virtual Console titles for the Wii U and 3DS before the shops close.

Tounushi

Nintendo Network ID: Tounushi

Tounushi

@KingMike Super ESB is simply murder to play through.
I have an original retail PAL cart and I tried for years to beat it legit, but most runs fell flat after Hoth, especially with no saves. I beat it with cheats and level selection a few times, but that doesn't count. I finally got through the Antstream version using save scumming. Damn Bespin levels were the bane of my existence and I think I missed most of the force powers available on Dagobah.
On a tangent, I beat Jedi: Fallen Order the other week and it occurred to me that it's only the second game I've ever played where I'd snuck aboard an AT-AT, with Super ESB being the first. The one in Fallen Order was much less roomy...

I think the cart back in the day cost the family some 699 FIM, or $69,99 if I remember the exchange rate at the time correctly...

Edited on by Tounushi

Tounushi

Nintendo Network ID: Tounushi

NintendoByNature

Legends of Wrestling II for gamecube and Griffey Jr Baseball for N64.

NintendoByNature

Jhena

Baten Kaitos for the Gamecube. Evergrace, Kingdom Hearts and Sly Racoon for the PlayStation 2.
I might be getting the Ratchet and Clank games for the PlayStation 2. I owned the first one but sold it together with my PlayStation 2. Now I am rebuying a lot of the old stuff I owned, like Kingdom Hearts and Evergrace. This was a good lesson for me. I will not sell games or consoles anymore.

I am especially curious about Baten Kaitos. The game seems to be something special.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

dmcc0

Not quite 'Retro', but picked up Metal Gear solid 4 and Uncharted for PS3 for £2 each at a car boot sale the other day. Almost picked up a boxed Mega Drive II as well at the same car boot sale, but the thought of A) carrying it all the way home (I was a nice morning so didn't take the car) and B) Getting a loads of hassle from my wife for buying "more gaming stuff that I don't need" meant it stayed on the table 😂 Ok, it was mostly reason B...

dmcc0

Tasuki

Ordered my Super NT this morning. Been wanting one of these for awhile now. I can't wait for it to arrive.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

HammerGalladeBro

It may not be retro yet, but considering that getting games for it is becoming a hurdle in my city (nobody offers them and when they do its mostly licensed games and shovelware, almost none of the good stuff), it kind of feels like I'm buying retro games.

Yesterday I got New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the Nintendo 3DS.
The Coin Rush DLC will be bought eventually.

This game has the distinction of being the physical game I've bought the latest, as in late at night. The seller could only hand it at night and we met at 11:30pm after I came back home from a party. Thankfully it was near my house and in a place well lit and with a lot of people even at that time.

Edited on by HammerGalladeBro

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is now a hidden gem of the Nintendo 3DS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0197-9566-9983 | 3DS Friend Code: 2251-9732-5870 | My Nintendo: AlexHGB | Nintendo Network ID: AHammerGalladeB

themaskedjackal

Just blew my paycheck on a loose copy of Metroid Zero Mission with a replica box and an unopened New Nintendo 3DS Monster Hunter Generations edition. I really miss the days of the GBA and 3DS.

themaskedjackal

Wargoose

Tasuki wrote:

Ordered my Super NT this morning. Been wanting one of these for awhile now. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Just pulled the trigger on this as well.

Wargoose

dmcc0

Ordered an Analogue Pocket the other day so have been picking up some GB/GBC/GBA and even some Game Gear stuff (I ordered the GG adaptor at the same time) - mostly just cheap loose carts from eBay as my GB 'collection' especially was only about 3 or 4 carts 😂 Hopefully by the time it arrives sometime next year I'll have a decent amount of games to play.

dmcc0

HammerGalladeBro

Today I saw a copy of Sonic and the Black Knight for the Wii on the wild and I decided to get it.

Sure the quality of Sonic back then was questionable, but the music and graphics are something SEGA did get right on the Wii era. The Sonic games and the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series (yes, really) are proof of that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0197-9566-9983 | 3DS Friend Code: 2251-9732-5870 | My Nintendo: AlexHGB | Nintendo Network ID: AHammerGalladeB

F-ZeroX

I guess the Wii is retro by now?

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by F-ZeroX

F-ZeroX

Tendo64

Picked up Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader for GameCube for a bargain at a thrift store.

I had it back in the day but traded it in (what was I thinking!).

Seriously underrated game, and it still looks great some 20 years later.

One of the best exclusive launch titles, too.

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

HammerGalladeBro

Picked up Metroid: Other M for the Wii for a decent price. Despite owning the Wii Download Version on my Wii U, it doesn't hurt to have the disc either.
This will most likely be my last game of 2022.

Without stirring the pot, I want to say this: I actually don't mind this game's intentions.
Sure the execution could have been better, but I did like seeing Samus' human side in a game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic