Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,681 to 4,700 of 4,839

Anti-Matter

Is PS3 / XBOX 360 games already called Retro?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HammerGalladeBro

My latest retro purchases were the Japanese N64 versions of 1080° Snowboarding, Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 back on October 2021.

Before that, it was an expesive copy of WarioWare: Twisted! back in August.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is now a hidden gem of the Nintendo 3DS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0197-9566-9983 | 3DS Friend Code: 2251-9732-5870 | My Nintendo: AlexHGB | Nintendo Network ID: AHammerGalladeB

StarPoint

@Anti-Matter PS3 and 360 are still a little too recent, at least in my book. It won't be long before they're considered retro, though.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

FX29

Been going through a Gamecube spending spree:

Soul Calibur II
Tales of Symphonia
Spider-Man 2
Super Smash Bros Melee

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Donkey Kong Country SNES
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone PS1
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban PS2

Already beaten HP1 but the other 2 are good as well. DKC still saves fortunatly.

HeavyMetalWario64DS

MontyCircus

Rush'n Attack
Killing Russian soldiers will never go out of style.

MontyCircus

WheelieGamer

my most recent purchase was a boxed model 1 PAL sega saturn (my 3rd one since 1994),to replace my damaged beyond repair J-NTSC saturn,during the same order-i also got an unboxed official saturn steering wheel and daytona USA championship circuit edition -ive built up a huge NTSC and PAL collection since 94 so i wasnt short for games.
im waiting for CeX to get mint copies of panzer dragoon saga back in stock,i had the PAL version years ago but sold it and i now only have the J-NTSC version,so i cant play it just yet,ebay prices are an absolute rip for PDS-some copies going for over £1000.

Edited on by WheelieGamer

WheelieGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-4642-9888-5971 | My Nintendo: MrShadow

Wargoose

Traded in Ghost Trick to pay for The Last Story. Happy to have it back in my collection.

Also Traded in Guilty Gear XXAC+ for Nintendoland and Epic Mickey.

Wargoose

Anti-Matter

Wii games:
Meet the Robinsons
Endless Ocean

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

Grabbed another arcade 1up cabinet. This time I got the midway legacy edition featuring Mortal Kombat II. Nicely paired with my NBA jam cab.

NintendoByNature

SirRetrO

Japanese Famicom with disk system. I got it about two Months ago, and I don't have much to play on it yet. The games it came with are the cartridge version of Yoshi's Cookie (which basically doesn't work) and a disk copy of Volleyball/Soccer (very boring, but it works every time so far).

It's mostly a conversation piece right now, especially with those controller cables being so short...

I want to make sure that whatever I get it actually something I'm going to want to play, not just a shelf decoration.

I don't know why, but as an older gamer, even when I have time, it's hard to stay entertained by games anymore. Surely there's still some really addictive titles out there there that I just don't know about. Any recommendations?

SirRetrO

KingMike

After I last year bought the Lufia II soundtrack CD released in celebration of the DS version,
I went ahead (for a price that was crazy, but far less than what I've seen before) and bought the one with the soundtracks to the first three games (I guess even the producers don't count the GBA game ).
Despite that I loved the first two games, couldn't finish the two portable games. The random dungeons in The Legend Returns were a turnoff, and in the GBA game the fact it had monsters but no easy access to Magic Pots (in a game with a heavy magic bias).

Why Square-Enix Music has no interest in putting those OSTs up for sale online, either physical copies on their store or digital copies on iTunes, I don't know.
(most of the FF OSTs are on iTunes but no Mystic Quest Surely it's because Nobou Uematsu didn't write it, but was the guy that composed that a SaGa guy? I know they have those OSTs up.)

KingMike

StarPoint

I picked up Metroid: Zero Mission at a local game store! This is my first ever retro game I've bought, so I'm pretty excited about it. It's in great condition and seems to be a legitimate cartridge as far as I can tell. I might open it up and see if it needs a little polishing, but I popped it into my DS Lite and it booted up perfectly!

Untitled

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

dmcc0

Traded-in a few old phones and other old stuff for credit at CeX and picked up Bravely Second & Prof. Layton & the Azran Legacy on 3DS, Colour Cross on DS and Motorstorm - Pacific Rift on PS3 (is PS3/3DS considered Retro yet?)

dmcc0

StarPoint

I picked up Super Mario Advance and F-Zero: Maximum Velocity on eBay. Both games are in excellent condition, which is great. The games themselves aren't too bad, either. I'm not the biggest F-Zero fan, but MV controls really well and has some very impressive graphics for the GBA. I also think that Super Mario Bros. 2 is definitely the worst Super Mario Bros. game. This version definitely does a lot to polish up the original experience, but it still falls short in areas that the original did. It's still a much better game than the original though, plus you get Mario Bros. included, which is pretty cool! Both of these games are definitely very impressive launch titles for the system.

Untitled

Edited on by StarPoint

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

KingMike

My only experience playing Maximum Velocity was as a 3DS Ambassador game.
I remember feeling like control would probably feel more comfortable on a real GBA than the comparatively bulky 3DS. (or maybe because I was more used to my SP, which was surely a smaller unit. I could be wrong and an OG GBA is as big as an OG 3DS?)

KingMike

StarPoint

@KingMike I play all of these on a DS Lite, and the controls for this game feel alright. I'm not a big fan of how the DS Lite feels overall, especially with a cartridge sticking out of the bottom. I'm hoping to eventually purchase a GBA SP to get the definitive experience.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

gcunit

TheMelodiusRose wrote:

Photo Dojo for the 3DS. I absolutly loved it when i first played it on DSi and i just had to re-visit it before the 3DS shop completly closes in a few days.

Thank you for this. I'd never heard of Photo Dojo, but had to look it up after seeing your post and have now bought it, great fun. Going to put it on my kids' 3DS' and get them to make their own fighters to duke it out together with.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic