Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,661 to 4,680 of 4,839

Zuljaras

I am waiting for DooM for the SNES to come. It will be at least 1-2 weeks! My first SNES game! The excruciating framerate will be glorious!

Edited on by Zuljaras

KingMike

I only ever bought one DDR game, many years ago.
I played it once and then my mom was upset by the floor shaking she didn't want me to play again.

KingMike

kerr9000

I have had a pretty great time with retro pick ups lately

I got a small collection of PS1 titles recently for £7 from a pawn store I visit theyd took them in as a job lot with other things and wanted rid and know im into this stuff.

I got

Tomb Raider Chronciles boxed complete
007 racing boxed complete
Z (The Bitmap Brothers) boxed complete
Kart challenge boxed complete (cracked case hinge)
Break Point boxed complete
Liberograde boxed complete
WWF Attitude boxed complete (cracked case hinge)
Gran Turismo 2 boxed complete
warzone 2100 (value series) boxed complete (crack across case)
Austin Powers pinball boxed complete (crack across case)
Hidden and Dangerous boxed missing manual
Worlds scariest police chases boxed missing manual (crack across top of case)
Total Drivin boxed complete
Fighting Force disc in empty cd case

The real Jewel here is Z as it sells for a decent whack usually.

Then I grabbed some loose Gameboy carts about a week ago, I got

Konami GB Collection Volume 3 for £4
Rescue of Princess Blobette for £3
Wizards and Warriors Fortress of fear £2
Micro Machines £2
Pokemon Red £5
Terminator 2 Judgement Day £3
Burai Fighter Deluxe £3
Kid Dracula £5

I was a little worried Kid Dracula would be fake but nope checked what I could before buying it then opened it up when I got it home to be sure.

Today on the way home from work I grabbed a loose cart of Pokemon Silver for the Gameboy color for £15 was happy with this as I had red, blue, yellow, gold and Crystal but had never managed to get a cheap copy of Silver.

kerr9000

KingMike

I many years ago on ebay bought a copy of Konami GB Collection Vol. 3 with a very worn box.
Very interesting in that it has the exclusive English version of the first Goemon GB game (never released individually outside Japan, the game released internationally was the second GB game).

KingMike

kerr9000

@KingMike

To be honest when I purchased it I had no idea what games it had on it, I just figured a Konami cart for £4 had to be worth it, once I found out it had the Goemon game on it I was super super happy as I spent ages playing Legend of the Mystical Ninja on the SNES in my youth.

kerr9000

kerr9000

I grabbed a few more loose original Gameboy carts today I got

Duck Tales for £4
Asteroids for £4
Pinball Revenge of the Gator for £4
Star Trek 25th anniversary for £2

Enjoying getting a few more Gameboy carts at the moment.

kerr9000

kerr9000

Once again buying stuff today, probably need to calm this down soon just seem to have been on a big push recently.

Soccer loose cart for the Gameboy £2
Power Rangers loose cart foR the Gameboy £5
Donkey Kong Land 3 loose cart for the Gameboy £5
Tale Spin loose cart for the Gameboy for £8
Amorines Project Swarm loose cart for the N64 £2

kerr9000

THUNDERM00SE

I got a CIB Japanese Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 for Gameboy Color! Not my copy but this is what it looks like:
https://images.app.goo.gl/EVXC5XkPXDHka2Xz9

Not sure about it's rarity, though I couldn't find many images of my cover variant, I just saw it and had to have it.

HowLongToBeat: THUNDERM00SE

-Handheld collector-

Nintendo/retro gaming/film/popculture YouTube channel 'Thunderm00se' coming up!

www.soundcloud.com/dennisvansomeren

Switch Friend Code: SW-3433-0274-3045 | My Nintendo: Denman88

ophone

Got Red Zone for the Mega Drive last week.
29€ (plus 12€ shipping) on Retroplace.

I might get weak on the upcoming official reprint of Mega Man: The Wily Wars. The original game goes usually for about 1000€ CIB on Ebay.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

kerr9000

Recently I ordered what was supposed to be a loose cart of Tennis for the original Gameboy for £2 including postage it arrived and it's a boxed copy with cart, plastic case, manual and registration card all it's missing is the inner box. I am very happy with it.

and I grabbed a bunch of bits and pieces today as well

F1 World Grand Prix for N64 Cart only for £2

Waialae Country Club True golf classics for N64 Cart only for £2

Jurrasic Park Gameboy cart only for £4

Pocket Bomberman Gameboy Color cart only for £4

A Gameboy Color bootleg 7 in 1 Cart for £1

Blockout for the Megadrive Japanse cart and box missing manual for £4

kerr9000

ogo79

total chick magnet material here
watch out girls here i come!
Untitled
and i mean business.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

NintendoByNature

Not sure if this is considered retro, but I picked up the arcade 1up NBA cab.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Slowdive love the entire thing so far. I do have a slight issue with P3 Joystick and that during a game twice now P3 turned on by itself. I just set it up today but I'll call them soon and ask how it can be fixed.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki thanks man. First and foremost I wanted the tmnt one. But im pretty sure they've been out of production for a while so I never was able to get one. Had I had the chance, I would've grabbed that. This was my 2nd choice, but still an awesome one.

NintendoByNature

ogo79

@NintendoByNature
nice, although for me im having trouble putting that cabinet on my belt i just bought above

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryu_Niiyama

Warioware twisted. Got the Japanese version so I don’t have to pay a kidney. Realized that it’s the only warioware I haven’t played/don’t own.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tyranexx

I just obtained a used copy of WarioWare: Smooth Moves; it's one of the series titles I have yet to play. My hope is to use it as a palate cleanser when I wrap up the current games I have going.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic