Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,461 to 4,480 of 4,839

gcunit

Do NES Classic Minis count, cos I ordered one of those last night.

@Moroboshi876 No, last gen doesn't count

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Moroboshi876

@gcunit This week I'll probably buy, among other games, Arcade Game Series 3-in-1 pack on Xbox One. It's Pac-man, Galaga and Dig Dug as they were originally, so as retro as they come, but with achievements and stuff. Would they count?

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

darkswabber

@gcunit last gen launched 12 years ago. IMO everything that’s either 5+ years old or is discontineud counts as retro purchases. I use this as a collection addition thread anyway and just add all my purchases once I think there is enough retro inbetween there. (Didn’t want to make a collection purchase thread as it would be the same as this thread with current gen added to it)

darkswabber

Twitter:

Zuljaras

So today I got Pokémon Crystal and I have finished my collection of the main Pokémon games!

Untitled

So this is what Thanos felt when he collected all infinity stones!

RetroGamerAndrew

@Zuljaras nice collection pal!

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

KingMike

I see those are all EU games except for the Platinum.
A gambling man, are you?

KingMike

Zuljaras

@KingMike Well I got Diamond, Pearl and Platinum from the same guy.

I looked long and hard about its authenticity. At the end I even opened the cartridge and I was relieved. The case worried me the most but it checks out.

I did not know that there are more than one US cases. This one is Canadian? Because it got French and English on the back texts I guess.

ogo79

about done with all this retro collecting.
ive collected it all by this point.
some games people will never own, multiple copies all that stuff.
now ive decided to regroup and whittle it down to a collection of games i know i want.
im glad i did this.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

@Zuljaras I was saying I notice the rest of the games are EU, is because of the PEGI ratings and Platinum has a ESRB, which is North American.

Do you know about the Game Corner situation? I had thought that the English versions of the Pokemon games were identical internationally EXCEPT for Platinum which is reported to have disabled the slot machine minigame for the EU release only, due to PEGI announcing gambling alone warranted a ratings hike.

English and French is possibly Canadian. I'm going to guess the US box is English-only, judging by the other Pokemon DS games I also have.
I know before the DS era, US boxes were typically English-only while Canadian boxes had both languages. But in the DS/Wii era Nintendo started to release multi-lingual boxes in the US as well (adding Spanish to the box text as well).
My Platinum is a Canadian as well. But I checked and the Pearl (US, my original purchase) and SoulSilver (US, I recall that copy I pieced together buying a case with the manual from ebay to go with a loose card I picked up from GameStop) are English-only. Can tell by the game ID code printed next to the UPC.
My guess is that maybe Canadian copies were a bit more abundant on the New-Old-Stock market once the games started to go out of print, as I recall I bought my Platinum, Black 1 and White 1 sealed after the height of TPP in 2014, when the games were pretty old. Turns out the Black was a Canadian (two language box) and White was US (English).

KingMike

darkswabber

Ordered 7 vita games yesterday that came in the mail today.

Touch my katamari
Disgaea 3 absence of justice
Disgaea 4 a promise revisited
Earth defense force 2 invaders from planet space
Persona 4 golden
World of final fantasy
Maramusa rebirth

With the recent news that the production of vita cartridges and ps3 discs had stopped and that new digital purchases for ps3 an vita will stop in march 2019 I decided to replace all my digital copies with physical copies amd buy everything I still wanted. Luckily a dutch store (nedgame) just had 1 final vita restock of 200+ Different games and a sale, although I had to be quick since about 100 different vita games completely sold out within a few days.

darkswabber

Twitter:

KingMike

Odd that they'd stop PS3 discs since aren't those just Blu-Ray discs? (well, I suppose with some kind of copy-protection alteration)
I guess just nobody was ordering them anymore.
Well, too late for Gaijinworks to release the PS3 Class of Heroes 3 physical then as well. (since they canceled the PSP version after it turned out to be too late to get UMDs made)

KingMike

KingMike

Xardion was one of those games I rented as a kid but never beat.
I think it even took a few times just to beat the first level.
At least the music was pretty good, as I recall.

KingMike

CanisWolfred

KingMike wrote:

Xardion was one of those games I rented as a kid but never beat.
I think it even took a few times just to beat the first level.
At least the music was pretty good, as I recall.

Music's great, but man, I need to find the manual online somewhere. It's complicated and controls are funky...well, the movement is also clunky, but that's par for the course for old-school mech games.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Executer66

Grabbed 4 PS1 games of off eBay and they came in just yesterday. They were...

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Chronicles

Lots of Final Fantasy as you can see however, I'm still confused while Chrono Trigger is in a collection called Final Fantasy Chronicles but, none the less, I'm super excited to jump into these games. By the way, if any one knows why they put Chrono Trigger in Final Fantasy Chronicles, I would love to know.

Switch friend code: SW-7767-5191-8114

VindictiveCrow

Executer66 wrote:

Grabbed 4 PS1 games of off eBay and they came in just yesterday. They were...

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Chronicles

Lots of Final Fantasy as you can see however, I'm still confused while Chrono Trigger is in a collection called Final Fantasy Chronicles but, none the less, I'm super excited to jump into these games. By the way, if any one knows why they put Chrono Trigger in Final Fantasy Chronicles, I would love to know.

Final Fantasy IX is one of my alltime favorite games! However, if you have the spare cash, I'd definitely recomend playing either the Steam or PS4 re-release and just keeping the PS1 version for collectors value. The re-release fixes a couple of minuscule issues but also has much more detailed character models.

I used some store credit a local game store to grab Super Mario Strikers and Muramasa: The Demon Blade. I was shocked to learn that Super Mario Strikers is going for around $40 now! It used to be hard to sell it for more than $15.

Edited on by VindictiveCrow

VindictiveCrow

Amrulez

Why is the digital version of Flashback for Switch coming out 1 week later than the physical copy?

THE TIME IS NEAR

the_shpydar

Amrulez wrote:

Why is the digital version of Flashback for Switch coming out 1 week later than the physical copy?

Flagged for having nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

bandicootboy

OldBoy wrote:

I've just recieved today ,a boxed mint condition original Gameboy with Tetris.Man it felt good to hold one of these bad boys again!! I've also just ordered Zelda:Links Awakening , Wario World Super Mario world 3 and Micro Machines.Got the whole lot inc postage for about £30 Bargain!!! Can't wait till my other games arrive ,till then Tetris will suffice quite nicely,it just feels right playing it on the GB. Awesome!!!

That's awesome! Gameboy is the godfather of all these portable devices today. Great purchase.

bandicootboy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic