Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,441 to 4,460 of 4,839

darkswabber

@MarcelRguez yeah where I live I could easily sell the whole haul for €3.000 with a bit of patience.
Not going to do it though, I’m only selling the consoles and accesories, mario kart and twilight princess since I already have those (going to trade them in for some ps4, ds and 3ds games including megaman ZX advent, kirby triple deluxe and ni non kuni 2)

Seeing your history in this forum topic, You activily collect games too right?
How much games do you own currently (and if it’s not too much to ask, how much per platform)

darkswabber

Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@darkswabber I do, yeah, but mainly GBA games since I don't really have that many systems. I started about a year and a half ago, buying loose carts and making my own boxes. It's coming along nicely.

(Sorry for the quality of the pics, my phone has a terrible camera)

I'm currently sitting at ~145 games. A few of those are repro carts, mainly some fan translations (Mother 3, Magical Vacation and the like) and games I just won't come across ever (i.e. Invader in the first picture). Without those, it's around 140.

I'm only just starting with Game Boy games (10). I've also been rebuilding a 360 collection (27) and I bought most things worth getting on the Wii U (44).

And as a general question to the thread, what do you guys use to keep track of your collections? I've been using My Game Collection recently and it's been treating me well. Used to just make lists on Evernote, but the app is a bit wonky on my phone.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

darkswabber

@MarcelRguez great collection. My biggest collection for a single console is ps2 with about 96 games followed by ps3 with 68 games.
I’m currently at about 300+ physical games boxed and around 350 physical games total (gba, gbc, gb, n64 and atari 2600 loose cartridges counted with them)

As for keeping track of games, I used darkadia for about 4 months but it isn’t that good. Now I’m using CLZ games for IOS which is really usefull, it let’s you scan barcodes and has every version of a game in it (pal version, us, platinum, player choice, greatest hits, deluxe, collectors. You name it they have it)
I use the trial version currently but I’m going to buy the full version at the end of the month (one time payment, €15, account can be used on IOS, android and pc)

If you’re serious about collecting CLZ seems to be the best option, even according to other more famous collectors on youtube and stuff. The have a version for games, for movies (dvd, blu-ray, video etc), for books, for cd’s and for records.

darkswabber

Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@darkswabber That's quite a lot of games. I've been discouraged from collecting discs because of my experience buying 360 games. Nothing worse than getting a game you've been eager to play and find out it works, but just barely. Is that an issue you've encountered with your PlayStation games, or did I just have a streak of bad luck?

I didn't know about that app. It looks very nice, but I'm not sure if it's worth migrating in my case (paid 3€ for My Game Collection, seems to do pretty much the same thing). I'll give the free version a try.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

leerafuse

I love gamevaluenow.com used to use it all the time. best game price site in my opinion. however it hasn't been updating prices since mid December. I dunno why, hope it gets fixed, but its looking unlikely.

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

leerafuse

also my collections consists of 82 Switch games, the complete collection of 64, and 108 NES games. And I just traded my ps4 for a gamecube... smh haha

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

darkswabber

My final purchase before king’s day, on which I expect to have a huge haul (last year I got a KH chains of memory GBA SP, a ds lite, a gbc, tloz link’s awakening DX, oracle of seasons and more for €5 and also got a lot of ps2, ps3, gbc, gba and gb games)

With the money I got for trading in the wii motes and nunchucks from my ps1 haul last weekend I bought megaman ZX advent and sonic rush for the ds and bough shin megami tensei: devil survivor overclocked for the 3ds.

darkswabber

Twitter:

Tasuki

Visited my local retro game guy yesterday. Didnt purchase a whole lot mainly 2 PS2 memory cards and a Ranma 1/2 game for the Super Famicom. To be honest I picked the game out to test the HD SNES clone I got a few months ago to see how well Super Famicom games played on it. Of course being a fan of Ranma 1/2 helps as well.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TheTetrisGuy

Recently got the PS2 version of FFX for free at a garage sale... so that’s cool I guess.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

darkswabber

Got 23 games with king’s day almost 2 weeks ago

Pc
Witcher 1 enhanced platinum edition, Witcher 2 deluxe edition, Roller coaster tycoon, Roller coaster tycoon 2 and Harry potter and the prisoners of azkaban

Ps3
Batman arkham city, The orange box and Little big planet 2

Ds
Zoo tycoon ds

Ps4
Trackmania turbo

Wii
Nights (sealed) and Animal crossing let’s go to the city

Ps2
Nicktoons unite, Spongebob battle for bikini bottom, Sly 1, Sly 2, Spiderman web of shadows ultimate allies edition, Shinobido way of the ninja, Lego batman, Batman rise of sin tzu, Spongebob and friends volcano island, Tarzan freeride and Disney’s stitch

€1 per game with the exception of batman arkham city (€2,50), trackmania (€3) and the orange box (€1,50)

Also got eye toy 2, eye toy sports, star wars bounty hunter, world poker, a quiz game and an eye toy camera for ps2 last sunday

And I got megaman zero collection in the mail yesterday (it was supposed to be delivered early last week)

I’m currently 5 games away from having 400 physical games (and having 360 boxed games if I don’t count my lose cartridges, funilly enough, none of those 360 games are actual xbox 360 games)

darkswabber

Twitter:

Freek

Bought some more CIB N64 games.
Over 200 now, last count was around the 215 mark.
Nearly got a whole pal set.
Mostly Aussie releases.

Untitled

Freek

Nintendo Network ID: Freek001

Moroboshi876

Latest one? That would be Aero Fighters 2 in ACA Neo Geo line. Physical, and if it counts as retro, Lego Batman 2 on Xbox 360 (I already had 1 and 3 -this one on Xbox One-).

I'm looking forward to see what weekly offers will be coming later today, but if nothing interests me then I'll probably buy another ACA game -those never go on sale and I have money on the eShop thanks to a code bought with a discount on eBay, so all the purchases are actually 40% cheaper because of that-, and the next in my line would be Samurai Shodown II.

If Shantae: Risky's Revenge on Wii U finally goes on sale (I missed it last time), then that will be my new retro purchase -if it counts, being actually a port- because I want to complete the saga.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

KingMike

Ordered Funky Fantasy, a bizzare-looking Japanese tactical RPG for Saturn.
Hope I can emu the game once getting the real copy, as I've heard the real hardware can be quite a pain these days.

I only heard of the game after Tomato released a Google-translated Final Fantasy IV translation he dubbed "Funky Fantasy IV" and I found out that title was actually used by a real game.

KingMike

CanisWolfred

Gamestop.com had a Buy-2-Get-1-Free sale last week, so I went whole-hog and bought a bunch of stuff I had been eyeing for years:

Digimon World: Dawn (DS)
Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
Kirby's Air Ride (GCN)
Shadow of Destiny (PS2)
Azure Dreams (PS)
Gundam Battle Assault 2 (PS)
Legend of Legaia (PS)
Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins (PS)
Vandal Hearts (PS)
Vandal Hearts II (PS)
Wipeout XL (PS)

Looking forward to finally playing each of these.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

FX102A

Grabbed me a copy of Legend of Mana for PS1 in very good condition. Was £75 but had some stuff to trade in so in the end just a £10.

FX102A

dAvecaster

Space Station Silicon Valley. I'm enjoying it very much!

dAvecaster

darkswabber

Bought a psp 1000 model last week with MediEvil resurection, gta libery city stories, gta vice city stories, god of war chains of olympus and ratchet and clank size matters.

Also bought disgaea 2: cursed memories and dragon lair 3D for ps2 yesterday

darkswabber

Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

@darkswabber a PSP is always a great purchase, well done!

Bought myself a game lot last week, with Crazy Taxy, Dead or Alive, Patapon 3 (sealed!) etc (11 games) for a measly 45 euro... great deal on those!

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic