Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 441 to 450 of 450

1UP_MARIO

@MarioBrickLayer try and find a componant to hdmi adapter or if you have a Wii u play them through nintendont

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Ninfan

@MarioBrickLayer can you not use a scart lead with your tv?

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Apportal

@MarioBrickLayer just a regular TV. That was a long time ago, so I don’t remember what year, but if I remember correctly it was a Dolby.

Apportal

kkslider5552000

It's been far too long since I've played Gamecube. I think the only time I played the system since I got a Wii was a couple of times at a friend's place like 7 years ago, and a few times earlier than that (mostly that time in 2009 when our Wii and 360 broke within like a week of each other). I did try (and fail) to let's play GCN Metroid Prime on the Wii 6 years ago, and I haven't touched any of my GCN games since.

Unfortunately, I can't see myself getting back to it soon either. Maybe when the Switch is winding down...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

MarioBrickLayer

@1UP_MARIO @Apportal so I did a bit of research and I was using the wrong settings on the Wii for the HDMI adapter (it doesn't work properly if you have widescreen turned on) so the picture is far better now than what it was. From reading it looks like the Carby offers a better picture, but I think i'm going to stick with the Wii for now.

MarioBrickLayer

1UP_MARIO

@MarioBrickLayer glad you got it sorted

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

MarioBrickLayer

@Cynas @gcunit I picked up a few Gamecube games, quite happy with them so far, I've put together a list of 35 game from what could be considered the best of lists, I have 15 of them now.

Untitled

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

gcunit

@MarioBrickLayer Very solid pickups, nice work. RE4 was the first game I ever beat on a Nintendo console #memories.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MarioBrickLayer

@gcunit thanks! I think Warrior Within is probably the least regarded game I've bought, but I want the Prince of Persia trilogy.

You were tight about Paper Mario in a previous post, I'll be lucky to get it for under £100 on ebay. It looks like Twilight Princess will cost me a bit too.

But there are quite a few games which shouldn't be too bad, such as; Sands of Time, MP2: Echoes, Tony Hawk 4, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Splinter Cell, etc.

I picked up Burn Out 2 and PoP WW from one of the links @ThanosReXXX posted on page 15, so i'm looking at sources other than ebay too. thanks @ThanosReXXX !!

I might hold off until next year before going for the Mario sports games, i'd like copies in excellent condition and I want to get an idea of what's going on with sellers on ebay before making loads of purchases.

I like the idea of getting one or two games in mint or sealed condition and framing them, and getting cheap (maybe disk only) copies to play, but that might be a bit expensive and i'd have to pick an iconic game with great artwork - not sure what i'd go for.

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic