Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 585

MarioBrickLayer

@Cynas @gcunit Thanks for posting!

My collection at the moment consists of:-
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (collectors edition)
Time Splitters 2
Sonic Adenture 2 Battle
Custom Robo
Pikmin
Super Mario Sunshine
Medal of Honor Frontline
Freedom Fighters
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Super Monkey Ball
Metroid Prime
Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2
Mario Kart Double Dash!! includes Zelda collection bonus disk)
Kururin Sqiash!

I was going to look for these first:-
Resident Evil 4
Prince of Persia Trilogy
SSX 3
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Star Fox Adventures

Followed by:-
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Pikmin 2
F-Zero GX
Beyond Good & Evil
Luigi's Mansion

I think some on this second list are more expensive, there are some sports PAL exclusives I was going to look for too.

I'm not going to try for a full collection, but i'm thinking a full list of the first party games, "the best of" 3rd party games, some PAL exclusives and one or two more. I have 2 imports, but I'll probably leave that for now, although I think the Japanese cases are great.

I hadn't considered the Simpsons game, I'll take a look at that. Paper Mario is a strange one in that the series hasn't really appealed to me, but I've never played it - a good friend of mine raves about it.

I'm not in a rush, I was mainly going to look at ebay and be strict with what i'm willing to pay based on historic prices etc. But @ThanosReXXX posted some links on page 15 and i'll look at Amazon as suggested by @Ninfan.

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

I've found a few sellers (ebay and amazon) who are putting games in new cases and resealing them, has anyone had any experience with these? Not sure if it's a good idea or not, I almost certainly wouldn't be keeping them sealed.

MarioBrickLayer

Octane

I have 3 different copies of Wind Waker; the regular one in black, the player's choice edition in grey, and the collector's edition in gold.

@MarioBrickLayer The Pokemon games are pretty good too. Colosseum is still one of the best Pokemon games IMO, so check those out if you like them. Europe missed out on some great games on the Cube, but we have Doshin the Giant. Not worth playing, but if you want to collect some iconic games, this is one of them.

Octane

WoomyNNYes

Octane wrote:

I have 3 different copies of Wind Waker; the regular one in black, the player's choice edition in grey, and the collector's edition in gold.

@Octane Was there anything special about the collectors edition Wind Waker? Or was it just branding? (no change to the game)

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

1UP_MARIO

@WoomyNNYes it came with ocarina of time and the master quest

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Octane

@WoomyNNYes It came with OOT Master Quest, I believe it was the only way to get it over here.

Octane

WoomyNNYes

@Octane Ohhh Wow!!! I remember being jealous of that edition that came with Ocarina of Time. I remember how sought after that was. Nice!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioBrickLayer

How does everyone play their Gamecube games? I don't have a CRT so i'm using a Wii with a Wii2HDMI adapter at the moment. I'm thinking about getting a Carby?

MarioBrickLayer

porto

@MarioBrickLayer I have the OG Gamecube. I used to play it on the Wii with the Wii2HDMI adapter as you have, but I got tired of switching between that and the Gamecube so I just spent a couple of extra bucks and saved me some trouble.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

MarioBrickLayer

@Apportal OG Gamecube? Is that a mod? what do you think of the picture quality of the Wii2HDMI adapter compared with other options?

MarioBrickLayer

1UP_MARIO

@MarioBrickLayer just buy componant cables for the Wii. It’s the best picture quality for the wii

It’s cheap aswell compared to official gamecube componant cables

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273883669440

Carby is for the gamecube that supports the digital port.

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

1UP_MARIO

@MarioBrickLayer try and find a componant to hdmi adapter or if you have a Wii u play them through nintendont

porto

@MarioBrickLayer just a regular TV. That was a long time ago, so I don’t remember what year, but if I remember correctly it was a Dolby.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

It's been far too long since I've played Gamecube. I think the only time I played the system since I got a Wii was a couple of times at a friend's place like 7 years ago, and a few times earlier than that (mostly that time in 2009 when our Wii and 360 broke within like a week of each other). I did try (and fail) to let's play GCN Metroid Prime on the Wii 6 years ago, and I haven't touched any of my GCN games since.

Unfortunately, I can't see myself getting back to it soon either. Maybe when the Switch is winding down...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MarioBrickLayer

@1UP_MARIO @Apportal so I did a bit of research and I was using the wrong settings on the Wii for the HDMI adapter (it doesn't work properly if you have widescreen turned on) so the picture is far better now than what it was. From reading it looks like the Carby offers a better picture, but I think i'm going to stick with the Wii for now.

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic