Forums

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 736

CanisWolfred

...Now I'm really glad that when I bought my Dreamcast on eBay, it already came with Shenmue as part of the lot. I still have yet to play it, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TheIronBot

Hi! I was wondering if I should get smash bros Melee or Wind Waker? I am a casual gamer with a lot of time to play and don't usually play with friends but sometimes.

TheIronBot

Eel

Melee is light on single player content and might bore you quickly if you don't have anyone to play with.

Wind Waker is a single player experience, and one of the best games in the series too. If you have a GBA and the GameCube-GBA cable, it can also become a bit of a 2 player game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ianl579

@TheIronBot Do you have a Wii U? If you did you could play Smash Wii U and Wind Waker HD (the latter of which is only $20!!!) But, yeah, I would recommend Wind Waker. Amazing game. (Smash is fun too, but Wind Waker is superb and a better single-player experience.)

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

10-zx

@TheIronBot

I own and completed both on the original GCN, and I prefer Melee.

For the record, I think it has tons better replay value.

Edited on by 10-zx

All rights reserved.

Vinny

Beneath a Steel Sky is a pretty good point n' click if you enjoy cyberpunk stuff.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

TechnoCharlie

So I just go Ms. Pac-Man for the SNES for Christmas. But unfortunately it was the NTSC version, and I have a PAL Super Nintendo so...yeah. But then I decided to go and watch some gameplay of it, and I realised that there is also a Mega Drive/Genesis version of it, and it turns out that that version is a little bit cheaper then the SNES version. But for you out there that have played both or either one of them, which one do you recommend?

TechnoCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-7279-2377-2791 | 3DS Friend Code: 2664-2537-1828 | My Nintendo: TechnoCharlie | Nintendo Network ID: TechnoCharlie

KingMike

I believe they're both ports of the same game (the "Tengen" NES version). The SNES version was released, at least in the US, late in 1996 (many years after the Genesis), long after Tengen (aka Atari Games) had been merged into publisher Williams/Midway.
So I think you should be good whichever you can get.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

TechnoCharlie

@KingMike
Oh okay, thanks!

TechnoCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-7279-2377-2791 | 3DS Friend Code: 2664-2537-1828 | My Nintendo: TechnoCharlie | Nintendo Network ID: TechnoCharlie

GameOtaku

My retro recommendations in honor of the movie coming on just a little over a month would be The MMPR games on SNES and Genesis. The ones I'd highly recommend out of them would be the first SNES Rangers game and on the Genesis MMPR the Movie!

GameOtaku

CanisWolfred

Oh, hey! I forgot that PK: Out of the Shadows - the Gamecube Donald Duck adventure game - was a thing until recently. Has anyone played it and know if it was any good? I always wanted to rent it, but something else always won out...and obviously renting is no longer an option.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DoubleKeyLocks

I really liked the Tarzan game for GBC, if everybody remembers playing that.

DoubleKeyLocks

Vinny

Which are the best Bomberman games from the 16-bit era?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ramos

[removed]

Edited on by Octane

ramos

Octane

@ramos Don't use the forums to advertise your own game.

Octane

Jhena

I can really recommend terranigma for the snes. Played it some years ago and it still didnt feel to dated. But maybe it didnt because i loved it in my youth. Who knows. It was fun enough to be enjoyable. I think it has the best ost of any snes game and with it the atmo. For me those are easily the best parts of a game because it makes them alive to me when i feel them. For me it was great until shortly after the zombie village. For some reason the game was no fun anymore when the humans arrived.

Definitely one of the best if not the best game of my youth. Thanks.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

skeletormodulator

I have a recommendation. Play Super Mario 64 DS on the 3ds. I played it on my DSi and hated the controls, but I just beat it using the circle pad. Feels ten times better.

skeletormodulator

Fandabidozi

One of the best GameBoy games is Monster Max.
Untitled
It released late or they didn't make enough or something so I've never heard of anyone else that's played it.
It's an isometric puzzler by the same guys who made Head Over Heels on the ZX Spectrum.
If you can get a copy or some other way... of playing it, I can't recommend it enough.

Edited on by Fandabidozi

NNID: Fandabidozi
3DS Friend Code: 2552-1581-3189
AC Pocket Camp: 1580 9310 141

My Nintendo: Fandabidozi | Nintendo Network ID: Fandabidozi | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic