Forums

Topic: NES Classic Edition

Posts 221 to 240 of 408

Xyphon22

Thought I should put this here, too.
I was at Walmart today and went to check out the games section (mostly because nowinstock said they had some NES Classics for about 5 minutes early this morning so I thought I would see if they had any in store). No Classics, but they did have two Switches just sitting there on the shelf. There was also a lady from Nintendo taking inventory that I talked to for a minute (I saw her badge and everything). She said the plan is that they are obviously focusing on the Switch for now, but this summer when they expect them to be less scarce they will up the production of the Classics. Whether she is enough in the know to actually know that or not, it sounds good.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Ryu_Niiyama

@bezerker99 Are they even still making the controllers as stand alone? Everything I see is for the console.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tasuki

@bezerker99 It's such a joke now, I have considered checking out ebay and buying a scalped one. But now all I find on ebay are modded ones.

Whoever is in charge of Nintendo's production and shipment allotment needs to be fired.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LzWinky

At least for the NES Classic and amiibos. Wtf Nintendo

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KingMike

Nintendo thinks that the longer I have to wait to get one, the more I'm going to want it.
Sorry, Nintendo, I'm not wanting one the longer it takes you to get your act together and produce them in a realistic amount. I'm losing interest.
Let's say in my city there's a Target, a Walmart, a Best Buy and a GameStop. You tell me with a straight face that ~30 people (the number of consoles you evidently plan to ship to those stores combined) out of maybe 60k constitutes a demand for which you would even consider making the device.

KingMike

Tasuki

What an F**Ken joke Nintendo is. So they are discontinuing the NES Classic cause they are a bunch of dumb*****. They have no rights now to go after Rom sites or other means of playing their older catalog. At this point I hope the Switch is a massive failer and causes Nintendo to leave the gaming industry, I know it's not going to happen but, someone else who knows how to properly use their I.P.s needs to have them. Nintendo has proven that they don't know what there are doing.

I was looking forward to picking up one when I went to New York this summer from the Nintendo Store. Now I don't even want to go to there.

F**K You Nintendo. What a f**kin way to treat your fans.

My Backlog

Octane

...and it's already discontinued.

Nintendo wrote:

“Throughout April, NOA territories will receive the last shipments of Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition systems for this year. We encourage anyone interested in obtaining this system to check with retail outlets regarding availability. We understand that it has been difficult for many consumers to find a system, and for that we apologize. We have paid close attention to consumer feedback, and we greatly appreciate the incredible level of consumer interest and support for this product.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/13/nintendo-discontinues-...

Octane

Tasuki

We have paid close attention to consumer feedback, and we greatly appreciate the incredible level of consumer interest and support for this product.”

Really? Really? You wanna tell another lie Nintendo?

My Backlog

bezerker99

@Tasuki Yeah, do they expect anyone to believe that statement? I even have an NES Classic and I'm upset by this news. They would have been better off to have never created this console if they were only going to make a few dozen of them. Once again, I'm embarrassed to be a Nintendo fan. SMDH!

Tasuki

@bezerker99 It just proves that they dont give a damn about their fans or gamers at all. I was going to get a Switch at some point, but now.....

My Backlog

Eel

I have one. To be honest it's not anything worth losing your cool over.

I mean, unless you planned to hack it to add hundreds of games you will not really play.

Yes the fact they just randomly decided to discontinue it sucks and is stupid, but really, in the end it's... Eh.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

It was nothing more then so Nintendo had something out for the Holiday season. Since the Wii U was done and the Switch was a few months off they needed something for the holiday season.

My Backlog

Sisilly_G

It's a cute collector's item, but I can't honestly see myself ever using it.

A Game Boy mini, however...

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

roy130390

Honestly, considering that it has a limited collection of games, ridiculous prices from scalpers and that the 3DS runs NES games amazingly well, offers portability and has nice controls I'll stick to play VC on my 3DS.

That being said, I do understand that many of you grew with the NES and wanted one to revive memories and to have the closest experience to the original one. I don't feel the same about it, but I get it and I have to say I feel sorry for you guys, I hope you manage to get one eventually. Cheer up, at least you have other ways of playing those clasic gems even if you don't get one in the end.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Ryu_Niiyama

@Tasuki I think it is going to stall out pretty soon at those prices. I can't see people paying that when for a little more you can buy a Switch.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.