Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,561 to 8,580 of 11,914

Ralizah

@redd214 That's... honestly pretty nuts. Great deal. I hope Microsoft is smart and undercuts the PS5's price next gen. It'd be a great way to build some early momentum.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Justifier

@Ralizah
And they could afford it. It is perfectly possible for Microsoft to launch more powerful hardware that is cheaper than PS5.

But that X deal with 250 is insane.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

redd214

@Ralizah yeah pretty crazy at those prices, must've found a huge stash in a warehouse somewhere. Hard to sell a bundle with a year old now obsolete game. Will be picking mine up today, should make a decent amount from them to go into the next gen fund!

redd214

BruceCM

Merry Xmas to all here ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Right back at'cha, and the same from me to all as well.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

redd214

Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad everyone!

redd214

Octane

Merry PSmas everyone

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane You're lucky that we're supposed to be in Peace on Earth mood, because that's really pushing it...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

You got the wrong thread, @Octane....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

I just want to share how disappointed I am with my Xbox.

I have installed my Backward compatible games long time ago. Then I set my Xbox to be offline.

I put my 360 game discs and play the game no problem. Until today. I can't play any of my 360 games because I MUST connect to the internet.

Why you must ask? Well as soon as I connected to the internet I had to install 600MB system update!
SO why must I do that in order to play the game I already could play? And how on earth it knew about that when I had no internet connection?

If Microsoft do that with Series X they will lose yet another generation of gaming!

Anti-Matter

Xbox One weakness = Online connection to play either Xbox One or Xbox 360 or Xbox games with BC.

I saw the purpose of BC for Xbox One and Xbox X will be useless if still using software licence for BC. 🤔

Just go to Emulation Road like Wii U / Wii / 3DS / NDS / GBA / PS2 / PS3 that can play with previous generations by disc , Not by Software licence.

Anti-Matter

redd214

@Zuljaras is that really that big of a deal honestly? You obviously have an internet connection and it's only 600 mb. Seems like an insignificant thing to get upset about.

For any US folks who want to save/make some money Gamestop is doing Buy 2 get 2 free on all pre-owned games!

redd214

Zuljaras

@redd214 Yes it is. I also can't start my Assassin's Creed Odyssey save because it wants to download some addon. In offline mode?! I mean wtf?

What idiot designed this system?

Also the main issue is not the update. The issue is why do I need update to play what I already could play before that? And how did it know that there was update if the console was set to offline mode.

Xbox is not a website to be reliable on connection.

And this crap happens only with my BC games. The Xbox One games are ok. But they lose saves from time to time because of those Xbox Live bugs.

Anti-Matter

Oh, gosh.... 😥
I changed my mind to not consider Xbox One after that.
I think i will only consider Xbox and Xbox 360 if i have a chance to play the games OFFLINE safely without stupid mandatory Online connection to play Offline games.

Anti-Matter

DarkRula

To be fair to Microsoft, I don't think they ever managed to fully remove whatever was in the system that needed the online checks. I don't even think they bothered. Even when in offline mode, if there's an internet connection attached, it will sometimes try to connect before it realises its not meant to. Enough data probably got through to it to know that updates were available even if it couldn't obtain them, at which point it can ransom the games that need updates until you do so.

At least, I figure that's what it does in that slight delay between logging in and showing the dashboard.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

@DarkRula Yeah, launch XB1 is probably still there but hidden like the console probably still reserves power for snapping apps while playing games despite the snap feature being removed years ago. For those that don't remember snap:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic