Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,421 to 8,440 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Maybe they should ask Ubisoft to assist with that, what with all their Dance game experience...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

redd214

The Xbox Series X is the next generation console from Microsoft. It is 4x the power of the Xbox One X. It will play all Xbox one games, backwards compatible games from the original Xbox and 360,as well as all titles moving forward.

It's really not that deep.

redd214

BruceCM

Preferably dances performed by pretty girls, @NEStalgia ... ? I'm sure that would help!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 I don't think that their confusion comes from what it's capable of...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Banjo-

@NEStalgia It's just "Xbox". Like Surface. Like iPad. Don't overthink it.

@Eel Shouldn't we rename this thread "Xbox Thread"?

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Except "just iPad" doesn't make sense either, there's like 12 different iPad models, and calling it just "iPad" never made sense except to the odd cult that adores Apple stuff. Microsoft tried it with "Surface" and then bailed out of that naming disaster within 1 generation. Only to jump back into the disaster with "just XBox"

@BruceCM Dancing on a Porche 911, of course.

@redd214 Which is all fine as long as there's only one box. But it's now just "XBox" but there's a bunch of XBoxen. Not all are equal. Then there's Series X. Which isn't the same as XBox One X. Which is just one series of theoretically more series. Then do we get a Series 7? A Series S (not related to One S?) Series Two (which is below Series X, but above XBox One?) Or one just branded "XBox"? They're already being fairly clear that it's one box of many, and with a starting point like "Series X" it's just the opening salvo of a boat of confusion.

I know what the product is. But the branding is a disaster in the mass market when Sony just rolls out PS5, then PS6 and everyone knows what it is.

It's more like the GPU industry. The 5900 is worse than the 5960 which is actually worse than the 5945 which is better than the 5947 (which has overheating issues based on using an older die) and worse than the 5945 SX, though the SX edges out the 5945 MX.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia You will know exactly what every single model is so don't worry and don't be obsessed over trivial things.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Well, I didn't want XBox to be too successful because it's only going to be great so long as they're the underdog. So three cheers for them handing this gen to Sony again via bizarre naming

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Dancing on a WHAT, now?

Dezzy

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Dezzy The "One" in Xbox One was never meant as an indicator of a number, but as an indicator of it being an "All in One" device, so naming the next Xbox an Xbox Two makes zero sense.

Yeah but given that I'd never even heard that (and therefore 90% of people probably haven't cos I pay a lot more attention that most to the industry), and also given that it didn't end up being an 'all in one' device at all, it would work just fine.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy Well, that it didn't end up like that depends on the users, not on the device itself, because besides its obvious purpose of playing games, it most definitely can be used as a web browser, a music device, a video streaming and video media playback device, so for all intent and purposes, it most definitely is an all in one device.

And if you've never even heard of that, then you must not have seen the Xbox One's E3 reveal back in the day, or heard/read any of Phil Spencer's interviews about why it was named as such. The information was out there for all to see, and especially for people like us, who are more in the know than the average consumer, this should be common knowledge.

But regardless of all that, Xbox Two still wouldn't make any sense.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX That's the trouble with giving a product a name around a concept. If the concept never catches public attention and takes off, the name is meaningless at best, confusing at worst.

Like WiiU, the console all about Wii-ing yourself. And XBox One.....a console nobody except the people that watched the E3 week reveal ever considered "all in one" for anything. To everybody except the people watching Mattrick douse himself in gasoline on a barbecue, it's a console inexplicably named "1" even though you distinctly remember it existing before.

Of course they weren't going to do XBox Two. XBox One-Eighty may have been appropriate XBox One Series 80 may even have worked. Maybe XBox One.1 SP2?

NEStalgia

redd214

6 months of Game pass Ultimate for $40 on Newegg. Use code EMCUVUC33 at checkout.

Hopefully that's not too confusing for you guys

redd214

BruceCM

A Porsche, @ThanosReXXX .... He obviously forgot the s! Not like it matters which model, since they all look so similar I'll have a girl dancing on a Ferrari, instead

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NEStalgia

@redd214 Imagine a desolate landscape, filled with mountains and forests. Now imagine a giant middle finger sticking up from behind it.

Thanks, that's a good deal I might take on to add to my sub!

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@BruceCM @ThanosReXXX LOL. You have your dream machines, I have mine. My Porche is 100% cedar I'll have you know! Add some dancin' girls and it's better than some silly tiny car Better for the dancin' anyways.

NEStalgia

redd214

redd214 wrote:

6 months of Game pass Ultimate for $40 on Newegg. Use code EMCUVUC33 at checkout.

Hopefully that's not too confusing for you guys

The Xbone SAD Edition is down to $149 on Amazon (which honestly is where it should've started out) that's a solid amount of gaming for only a couple hundred bucks when paired together!

Edit: whomever changed the thread title, good job!!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NEStalgia

So there was the XBox SAD, and then the XBox SE X. So does that mean in the future if we get a Series X All Digital we'll have an XBox SE X AD?

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia If I've understood Phil's latest statements correctly, then the current gen is going to be re-dubbed Series One", to fall in line with, and/or make "series X" a bit more discernible/sensible/logical. I'm not going to step into an argument about whether or not it's lousy marketing, because regardless of what it is or isn't, it's perfectly logical to me, and honestly, that's all that counts. I couldn't care less about whether or not the message lands or resonates with other people, because that doesn't have any kind of effect on me.

@BruceCM Obviously, I already knew what he meant, it was just a bit of a jab at his mispronunciation/butchering of a rather revered car brand...

@NEStalgia SE X ADs WILL be filtered and reported...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic