Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,441 to 8,460 of 11,914

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX That kinda makes sense, but it's actually kinda worse. Because of the XBox One X - is it Series One or Series X? "Yes".

There might be a standard or special edition though of the all digital version. So they might end up trying to sell the XBox SE X AD STD Edition.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia The explanation is already in your question. Yes, the One X is STILL series One. Duh...
Otherwise it wouldn't be called Xbox One X...

That's the whole point of the "series" label: to explicitly make that differentiation. If it's not series X, it's not the latest model, plain and simple. I really don't understand any and all confusion surrounding this.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Or it's Series X, otherwise it wouldn't be called One X.

See, that's the problem with the naming.... Series X should not be called Series X, because One X exists. As long as One X both says it's a One and an X, it's a confusing mess. All they had to do was not call the bloody thing "X" and they'd be golden.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

Lol. Mid-working through all my notifications:
Untitled
Great work, @Eel...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Banjo-

@NEStalgia No because "X" is the "premium" tag. They chose it for "Xbox One" and they chose it for "Xbox".

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Seriously? I expected more from someone with an intelligence level like yours.
The X in One X is clearly a type designation, NOT a series. It's LITERALLY an Xbox One, with a type letter added after it's series moniker, to signify that it's an Xbox One with an X-factor, namely it being considerably more powerful compared to the One S. Or is that a series S, then?

That's like saying that there can't be a Ford Challenger X and a Ford Series X, because "obviously", they're both the same, or should be, in the eyes of the needlessly (hopelessly?) confused people...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Grumblevolcano

I think it will be a Wii U esque confusion. People will ask at retailers for the new Xbox, get confused between Xbox Series X and Xbox One X and then buy a PS5.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Seriously listen to yourself! You can't possibly believe this naming is at all sensible when this conversation can even exist!

"Nono, the XBox One X is clearly XBox Series One and not XBox Series X because the X in One Xis a type designation, not a series designation unlike the X in Series X that is a series designation, as opposed to a type dsignation as pertains to the positioning of the letter X juxtaposed to other transitional letters within the congruent phrase."

This is retail branding. Big number. Colorful box. The thinking does not extend past this! If this conversation is even possible we have a total naming fail on our hands. There's really no way to work around that. Have you seriously never been to a Walmart on any continent in any of its regional flavors? I mean I expect this from the company that brought us Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 RT. But it's still a fail.

And yes, if a Series S exists we have the same trouble with One S. Which would have been very simple to avoid by just not using the letters "S" and "X".

I don't care if you can understand it. Do you think the people that thought a WiiU was a tablet controller for the Wii are going to understand it? Heeeeeeck no! And thus PS5 sells like hotcakes.

Why are all the "smart" people in the world entirely oblivious to simple reality?

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano BINGO! You win an eCookie! @ThanosReXXX See this, real people in the real world understand these obvious things that marketing and executive thinkers seem to continuously miss. This is why every titan of retail is dying before our eyes.

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia I love the name. If it's just "Xbox", then it already exists. And if it's series X, it could be the One X; you know, the upgraded One, but no, not One as in the first one, because that was the Xbox, the old one of course, not the new one

Octane

CurryPowderKeg79

I haven't owned an Xbox since my three Xbox 360's(all of them died do the red ring of death hence why i went with a PS4 this generation)but these newly revealed Xbox Series X specs got me giddy as a school girl.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Anti-Matter

Here in Indonesia, most Indonesian keep calling any Xbox machines with just Xbox, doesn't matter it's Xbox 360 or Xbox One. 🧐

Anti-Matter

CurryPowderKeg79

Anti-Matter wrote:

Here in Indonesia, most Indonesian keep calling any Xbox machines with just Xbox, doesn't matter it's Xbox 360 or Xbox One. 🧐

It's the same here in the U.S at least among the dinosaurs i hang with.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

sixrings

The real question is how many people's grandmas buy them a $500 console for the holidays. So how many people really are there to be confused.

sixrings

Heavyarms55

The fact that the name of the device has caused so much... civilized discussion... is either marketing genius or insanity. But my problem with the Xbox Series X1 Platinum Halo Extreme Banana edition, MK 2 version 1.1.2 is the same as with previous releases. Microsoft doesn't offer much that is - to me - meaningfully different from the competition, where Nintendo has the Switch, a totally different beast, and Sony has more exclusive support and VR.

Maybe the Xbox Series Y version 4 MK9 Burgandy Gears of War edition, update 4 will be better in 2029.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Grumblevolcano

Another point against Xbox Series X is size, if PS5 is a normal size device like the PS4 then more people will get PS5 because it fits where their consoles go.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

This entire generation, Xbox One has pretty much been a worse PS4. Embarrassingly weak first party efforts, limited Japanese support, and a similar price for weaker specs made the system a no-go for me. Hard to see how the Series X (or whatever it's called) will change that.

I guess they'll be leaning on GamePass to push their ecosystem. If you have immediate access to a bunch of next-gen AAA games at launch by being a subscriber, and especially if the system undercuts the PS5 in terms of price, I could see them taking the lead early on.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Banjo-

@Ralizah I have a PS4 and Xbox One (the original and the X) and It has been exactly the opposite for me.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic