Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,261 to 8,280 of 11,914

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Your soldering is better than mine by miles if if you can't smell ozone when you're done.

But yeah, with XBox specifically I'd almost say you want to wait. No guarantees the new PCBs are compatible with the old ones. This time they probably will be, but history's not a good guide on this one.

OTOH 360 was just weird.

Edit: Isn't Yakuza on XBox now (XO19 announcements?) I bought it, unfortunately on PS4, but...

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Uh...it is? Ah well between Kenzan though 5 on ps3 and isshin through 6 on ps4...I'm not rebuying them. lol.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Awesome. That trailer had Halo, FF7, Elden Ring and Half-life Alyx.

That's 4 out my 6 most anticipated games for 2020 (the other 2 being Cyberpunk and Xenoblade). Looks like I'll be watching the show!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, obviously, the good thing IS the backwards compatibility, so you can take that back log right with you, without losing access to anything you're playing right now. So, simply being able to migrate that with the added benefit of it all running better and smoother on the newer platform is already a rather big advantage, if you ask me.

And although it obviously still isn't a high end gaming PC, I'd say that roughly 4 times the power of an Xbox One X is potentially also VERY interesting, in my opinion. Provided of course that they make use of it, obviously. And if rumors are to be believed 343 Studios is hard at work doing just that, so ""Halo Scarlett" should really be something to look forward to...

But they also mention all of that in this introduction/reveal clip, so I think we've got some nice things waiting for us on the new platform:

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ryu_Niiyama

I did forget that they mentioned that accessories come forward with scarlett...so perhaps I might get lucky on the stick building. I do like the xbox 360/One controller.

The BC is compelling...but not 500 dollars compelling because I don't offload systems.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

redd214

Final Fantasy 7 remake and MLB The Show 21 and onwards will both be coming to the Xbox family of consoles in March 2021. The MLB games will still be developed by Sony, crazy that both will be developing games for one another's consoles next gen!!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

BruceCM

Eh, I'll be waiting for the rest of the parts, anyway.... Glad they're coming sometime

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Yep, 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2 are announced (and on Game Pass.) I expect that means the others will follow afterward as well, most likely. But, yeah, I also have the whole collection on PS4, yet to play it, and don't intend to rebuy it, at least not until it's crazy cheap in the future just so I can consolidate a bit. I'm trying to get PS to be only for exclusives and third party/legacy exclusives and XB/Switch for everything else. I've got to the point that after PS3 & 4 I already know PS is the "worst place to play" 3rd party "this is a PC game in disguise" games. Love the platform, but not where I'd play any multiplat if there's a choice.

@ThanosReXXX Of course. The question to be answered once it's in customer/critics hands is just how meaningful the BC effect will be for the price for early adopters. Yeah some games that were built like garbage like MHW would get a meaningful bump, but any game that already ran well, it could be anywhere from "hey the DF video shows some improvement, look at the numbers!" through "wow everything is so smooth compared to before!" That's where the early adopt or no difference comes in. Personally, I can't see early adoption for anything but Nintendo given launch woes in general unless not upgrading is locking me out of a game I just can't wait for. Technically Sony is more likely to have that situation than MS (I like Halo, but I'm kind of burned out on Halo, and never would I have bought a system for Halo... I still have most of FH3 left so I'm not ready for a new Forza either. An Obsdian RPG, Fable, etc could sway me. Otherwise I'll wait for black friday deals and the like. )

@redd214 FF7R Confirmed?! Holy heck it's like all my dreams become reality! Though that may or may not mean Scarlett-only by that time. Still.... Wonder if I can wait that long? That also means SFV isn't impossible.

I don't think Sony will ever be as willing to see their "big" franchises (not sports licensed) on outside platforms as MS is (and even MS isn't doing Gears/Halo/Forza outside their platforms yet.) But it's still a surreal moment.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

redd214

Untitled Goose Game will be on game pass next week

Also Xbox one X NBA 2K bundle is only $280 at Walmart right now. Better than BF pricing!!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia well game pass makes that easier (although I literally just bought Kiwami 2 on black Friday... it was the only thing I was missing). I am mostly working with my xbox one currently since my HDMI switch died and I can't be bothered to fix it since what little Twin gaming I'm doing is on a computer monitor, lol.

I do think that once I do get the next two boxes I'll go back to xbox as my secondary system rather than being stuck with ps4 because of street fighter lol. Depends on the fighting game setup by then anyway. Here is seriously hoping that SFVI is multi plat and that includes whatever Nintendo has out. I have to buy it at twice for my meet up anyway but would prefer it on the switch/switch 2/super switch/whatever. Agreed, PS has always been my exclusive box, but I got a little stuck with the 4 because it had to become my new fighting game box, so I ended up buying more than my norm on it (but still way less than PS3 or PS2). Granted, the last major release I've bought for either was AC:This is Sparta edition so shrugs.

I think I'm going to keep gamepass though for the duration of the next box and stock pile on the games with gold (unless they make it worse ) while I wait on scarlett to either get a revision or drop to 200.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Of course it will be about the new games on offer for some, but for me personally, it will be about the complete package, and if that package allows me to migrate my entire Xbox One catalog and experience to the new console AND play all of them in improved versions, then (provided you're staying with Microsoft/Xbox) why wouldn't you want that?

So, you don't have to have finished certain games, because you can simply continue where you left off, on the new platform. That's basically also the whole idea behind Phil Spencer's philosophy for the platform.

And as for those improved versions of games, I'm simply thinking along the lines of the difference between the One S and One X-enhanced versions of games, which in quite a few of them, is a considerable upgrade, so in that case as well, why wouldn't someone want that?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Hey, don't knock playing on a monitor. Some of us only play with a monitor pressed to our eye(s)!

Part of my sentiment toward PS4 is no doubt that Sony forgot it existed a year and a half ago and only pays minor tribute to it now and then between PS FIVE!!1 hyping. PS4 almost feels like it shared the fate of the WiiU despite being the market leader. At least MS has kept driving X1X sales as though they actually care about current products as much as future products. XO19 felt like "it's a great time to join in and buy an X1X!" State of Play feels like "Sure, we'll cater to some retro current gen stuff...whatevs. Pfft." They were both exciting 2 years ago. So far it looks positive that SFVI would be multiplat. Not sure if Tekken could bother themselves to optimize for XBox though. That poor game looks so rough on X1. I'm stuck in the PS ecosystem for Persona and Ys alone, though.

@ThanosReXXX Well, for you, you don't have a 1X so, yeah, I'd jump on Scarlett day 1 too! That's going to be a tremendous leap for you. From 1X to Scarlett, though, purely for BC & X1 BC games, not new upcoming Scarlett focused games, I'm waiting to see how significant a difference it makes. (It's not a debate about whether to get Scarlett, it's about "ZOMG DAY ONEE!!" versus "meh, I'm good with the X for the next 3 years until the price drops."

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

For me how well the console runs existing games and the OS will be more important than the new games. I want Scarlett to be a full replacement for my XB1, not like the XB1 where it's only a partial replacement for 360.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Can't think of any reason it won't be a full X1 replacement. 1X already ran existing games very well since the games were specced for OG 1 by necessity.

360 to 1 just had the same problem as WiiU to Switch - incompatible architecture.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Right now, I'm wondering two things: should I speak more slowly next time, and did he remove his dense filter before reading my comment?

But all joking aside: that was EXACTLY my point. And seeing as I have actually played on an X (my best friend has one), I know full well what the difference in fidelity and smoothness of playback is.

So, my point was that IF the Scarlett's power upgrade is a 1:1 copy of the One X where it concerns it's comparison to the S, effectively making the X the Scarlett's S, then it IS worth the upgrade, both for new adapters AND existing owners, because you can do and play everything that you can now do on the X, except far better and probably with a similar leap in graphic fidelity and smoothness in gameplay as when going from the S to the X. (if not more, seeing as they've reportedly also fine-tuned the architecture a bit more this time)

I hope you get it this time, because I can't explain it any clearer than that...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX The only thing of debate there is that because the older games were individually hand-"ported" to BC on the 1X, a lot of them were brought from some pretty rudimentary forms on the 360/OG and brought up to date with using PC assets, resolution bumps, etc. With 360 games they're kind of at their upper limit on the X for the resources, and for One games, the X was already giving them resolution and frame rate bumps versus the base 1X, so it's yet to be seen if "double, triple, or 500x the power" is of substantial benefit versus 1X when running X1, X360, or OG XB games. The dramatic effect of a resolution bump and asset enhancement isn't really a thing from X to Scarlett as it was from 360 to X.

@redd214 I'll definitely be trying the much spoken of UGG since it's on GP now!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia "How well" is very important. For example, the MCC release of Halo Reach a week ago is the first time a version of Halo Reach has run well on XB1 (the 360 version runs worse on XB1 than 360). Another good example is how some OG Xbox games didn't run well on 360.

So yeah, there's 3 key parts to a Scarlett purchase for me:
1. All games I can play on XB1 are playable on Scarlett
2. These games run at least as well as they do on XB1 (preferably better of course)
3. The OS is good, unlike XB1

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano i think #1 is a given.... Probably #2 too.

The OS will be Windows 10 just like x1.... So good luck with that.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic