Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,681 to 7,700 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Another cool demo to try, is the Hitman demo. I don't know if you know the series at all, but it isn't a shooter, which you might suspect. It's more of a sneak and kill kinda game. Think Metal Gear Solid stealth action, with some shooting here and there. But preferably, only stealth kills.

And if you're ever thinking of trying out any racing games, specifically arcade racers, then there's two I should mention, although I suspect that quite a few other people have already recommended the first one to you:

• Forza Horizon 4
  • Split Second Velocity

The first one is a native Xbox One game, the second one is a backwards compatible game, that's either available digitally, or can still be bought on disc.

Here's an overview of both games:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon-4-ultimate-ed...
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/split-second/bxw02mw8k8t1?a...

There's a demo for Forza Horizon 4 as well, by the way. There's also a demo for Split Second, but unfortunately, that's only available on the Xbox 360. But you might be able to try it out through GamePass. Don't know if it's on there, though.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

I'll be sure to try demos of those, @ThanosReXXX ... Don't tend to be into racing games but have to at least try Forza Certainly planning to get Red Dead Redemption to see if I get on with that before getting latest one, too
Also plan to get the recent 3 Tomb Raider games, BTW

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Those are pretty good games as well. Good taste you got there...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BruceCM

Plan to get Dragon Age Origins, as well, @ThanosReXXX ... Will try the Mass Effect in GamePass, see if I like it Still, up for hearing about games that aren't there & everything, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM I like the new Tomb Raider games a lot. The story is not perfect but they have very good gameplay and good tombs except 1 which is more action than anything else. Red Dead Redemption I don't know, some people say that they are busywork and have very weird controls but some people love them. I haven't played them.

Banjo-

BruceCM

I've heard enough about the recent Tomb Raiders to think I want to play them, @BlueOcean .... Obviously have to start with 1st of those Heard so much about Red Dead Redemption, I want to try it myself & I don't usually play shooters!
People complain about combat in Skyrim & I played through as a dual wielding sword girl

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

Welp, my dad bought a 4K tv and I had the genius idea of suggesting buying 4k movies to watch on the Xbox.

So right now my Xbox is in the living room on DVD player duties until my dad gets bored. The switch looks so lonely.

On the bright side, I may be able to test a few games on this humongous new tv this weekend.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Fortunately, looking in the 'Super Sale', I can actually get most of the games pre-owned cheaper.... Got Nier Automata, though, as I can't find that anywhere else at all

SW-4357-9287-0699

JoakimZ

Yeah, Nier Automata was a digital only release. I’m also thinking of getting Nier in the sale, but I already got so much else to play...

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

BruceCM

Apart from the big recent 3 Tomb Raider games.... Are any of the others available any good? I'm not a big fan of the older games, really, if they're like those

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

BruceCM wrote:

Apart from the big recent 3 Tomb Raider games.... Are any of the others available any good? I'm not a big fan of the older games, really, if they're like those

Yes they are! Anniversary (remake of the first game), Legend and Underworld are all good and backwards compatible.

Banjo-

BruceCM

Well, I played Underworld on DS, so it'd probably make sense to get that & Legend, @BlueOcean .... By remake, did they improve it? Wasn't just remastered?

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Games that aren't there? You mean not in included in GamePass?
I'd have to pass that on to other users, seeing as I already mentioned that I'm not a GamePass user, so I've literally no idea what is or isn't on there. Other than that, I'll have some free time on my hands tomorrow, so I'll browse through my own catalog on Xbox One, to see if I can find some more games that I'd want to introduce to you...

Banjo-

Has anybody used that physical to digital barter that was announced when Xbox One S All-Digital Edition was revealed?

Banjo-

BruceCM

Well, I'll almost certainly get some GamePass, @ThanosReXXX, so it's better to focus on games not in that to suggest... I have enough time for playing to expect to be able to finish a couple of games a month if I was playing all through If I like the games enough, I'll buy them but pop suggestions in & I'll check what's there, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Got the red Gears of War 2TB XB1 S, monitor, headset &, um, a few games coming now.... Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, Type-0 & XV RE, Watch Dogs 1 & 2, Gears of War, Jade Empire, Witcher 2 & 3

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

BruceCM wrote:

Got the red Gears of War 2TB XB1 S, monitor, headset &, um, a few games coming now.... Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, Type-0 & XV, RE, Watch Dogs 1 & 2, Gears of War, Jade Empire, Witcher 2 & 3

Did you?! That model is gorgeous and has the maximum HDD capacity. Excellent choice for an S!!

Banjo-

BruceCM

Yeah, the only other 2TB one was the white 1, @BlueOcean .... Picked up the 3 Tomb Raider games in town, too Along with a chat headset & rechargeable battery plug-&-play set

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM Great! Did you just grab it or is it going to be shipped to you? Let us know what games you play and how do you like them. There are super cheap games right now on the xbox.com Super Sale like Killer Instinct Definitive Edition, Quantum Break, Rayman Legends, Rare Replay... In total, around 700 games.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic