Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,681 to 6,700 of 11,914

NEStalgia

@DarkRula Nah, EA went down that path long before GTAV:O. If anything Rockstar copied them but managed to not break it like they do.

NEStalgia

redd214

@ThanosReXXX yeah if there is one series I'm a sucker for its definitely need for speed. In the 20 or so years they've been coming out I think I've only not played 1 or 2 of them (not including mobile/handheld ones). Hot pursuit 2 back in the ps2/gamecube/Xbox days is in my top 5 all time games list. Shame they've haven't recaptured the magic from HP2, Most Wanted and the Underground games.

@CanisWolfred I was there at launch for both Destiny and the Division so I know what I'm getting into

redd214

redd214

@NEStalgia while I do think the core gameplay mechanics are better than either of those were at launch, anyone going in expecting a early GOTY candidate will be put off by it. Like I said I'm not going in blind probably have 20 hours put into it between the demos so I have my expectations in check and am looking forward to it.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

Given we don't have any future release dates, I wonder if next month's Inside Xbox will be a big one.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

If it's early in the month, the next Forza Horizon 4 expansion will definitely be there.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, you never guessed what happened to me:
For the first time EVER, I actually managed to damage an Xbox 360 controller, namely the wired one that
I use when playing Pro Evo Soccer on the PC. I apparently pressed the right bumper a bit too hard in my
anxiety to keep my player running/sprinting past his opponents, and I felt a little snap inside the controller housing, and now the right bumper is hanging loose inside the controller's casing...

Was quite a nasty surprise to me, since that has never happened before, and I've quite frequently used the sprint function in the game, so it's not like I did something to the controller that I've never done before.

Oh, well. There's probably an option to buy a replacement part somewhere, so all in all, not too much of a problem, but nonetheless weird that it happened so suddenly...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Congrats! Welcome to the club!

Technically it probably didn't break all at once....it was probably weakening bit by bit all the other times and finally gave way. It's more infamous on the Elite because of the heavy aluminum bumper buttons, but yeah, the plastic bridge joining the bumpers is an infamously failure prone part. I told you I wasn't making this stuff up

You should be able to find a replacement part easy enough since the Elites lose a lot of bridges, and I think it's the same part. Just search for Elite bumper repairs if you're having a hard time finding it. It should work for both

That's less awful than stick drift since the stick can't be replaced without soldering a new POT module on.

NEStalgia

PCkid

I would like to ask you something.

How would you feel if at E3 2019, you learn that you could play Nintendo games on an XBOX system ?

Great news ? Bad News ?

Let me know guys.

PCkid

Eel

In what universe would an Xbox player think Nintendo games is bad news.

Now, if you ask this on the switch thread, then maybe that would be amusing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

I'd think that some Xbox owners that don't own a Nintendo system, but would like to play their games, would really like that, but for me, as a multi-platform owner, playing my Nintendo games on anything other than an actual Nintendo system, would feel kinda strange or off, because it's all about the controls as well, and Nintendo has a knack for combining both gameplay and controls into one complete experience, one that you can only find on Nintendo's systems, so playing that on another system would seem weird to me.

But that's just my opinion on the matter...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

redd214

Would be fine by me. Granted I personally wouldn't play Nintendo games on an Xbox but the masterpieces they make should be played by as many as possible so I wouldn't consider it "bad news" at all.

@ThanosReXXX has it right. Imo no company has ever been better at meshing hardware/software better than the big N.

redd214

Anti-Matter

PCkid wrote:

I would like to ask you something.

How would you feel if at E3 2019, you learn that you could play Nintendo games on an XBOX system ?

Great news ? Bad News ?

Let me know guys.

Microsoft is Almost NEVER know about Cutesy games.
If it does, it looks like put some Hello Kitty tatoos on OMG HD Realistic looking characters from adult games.
Not a good chemistry.

Nintendo games on Xbox machine = Home Console only, No Portability. Not good....

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
"but for me, as a multi-platform owner,"

But....
You don't play any Sony machines (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PS vita), right ? 😛

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter And what exactly do you think that multi-platform owner means? I have nearly all Nintendo consoles and handhelds, a Sega Dreamcast, an Xbox 360, an Xbox One S and I also play games on PC.

Just because someone doesn't have any Sony consoles, doesn't mean he or she isn't a multi-platform gamer...

@redd214 That's also because of their philosophy of first creating games and/or experiences, and then, and ONLY then, figuring out what kind of hardware they will need, to realize/achieve that idea, so the hardware is specifically built around, and tailored to the games. And that for me, would create a disconnect, when playing them on another platform, especially with other controllers.

Both Sony and Microsoft always just go for a huge sandbox full of room and power, that isn't specifically related to any single game, and instead they just come up with a minimum and a maximum target, and the hardware needs to be able to cater to everything, or at least most things. This often times comes from them talking to developers, who tell them what they need. Both philosophies have their pros and cons, but personally, I like Nintendo's better, because it creates a complete experience, whereas any of the games on both of the other consoles could be played on either of them without losing any of the original intent of those games.

It has always been a part of Nintendo's philosophy in general, but Iwata and Miyamoto put even more emphasis on it, and it really shows, ever since the birth of the GameCube.

@DarthNocturnal He literally hasn't got a clue, he's just prejudiced.

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter And Nintendo, AND Xbox, AND PC...

PCkid

Thanks to you people.

So now, I have something else to ask.

How would you react if the next system from Microsoft would be a "Nintend'BOX" ?
Imagine a collab' between MS and BigN. To make it simple, MS brings the power and the online network that Nintendo doesn't have and, in return, Nintendo brings the Japanese market + the IPs to MS.

How would you react on that ?

PCkid

PCkid

Keep an eye on the GDC. March 18-22 2019.

https://www.gdconf.com

Microsoft would prepare a new SDK to facilitate the Xbox Live services on Nintendo Switch and mobile devices, something already effective internally with Minecraft (from where the fact that you can unlock success even on the Nintendo console), but this time will be accessible for third-party and independent publishers.

We should obviously be hearing about this next month during the GDC, and this may be an opportunity to formalize the rumor of an arrival of titles like Ori and the Blind Forest and Switch Cuphead, as well as the famous case of Xbox Game Pass via xCloud.

According to Windows Central sources, the SDK would cover the following things:

• Access to the Xbox Live account
  • Success
  • Cross-play & Cross-save
  • Cross-Buy in the case of micro-transactions and DLC

PCkid

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic