Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,641 to 6,660 of 11,914

Octane

@ThanosReXXX No idea to be honest. Do they have a streaming service like PS Now as part of Xbox Live? Can't see them porting Xbox games to Switch just to make that happen. Maybe just the social apps?

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane Sea of Thieves on Swi.......BWAHAHAHA....sorry....I tried....

What does it mean when we're hoping to get XBox information on a Nintendo Direct?

@ThanosReXXX Can't rule out "actual" XBox Live (or pieces of it) on other platforms, if those platforms let them. The platform is what MS really sells more than anything. The hardware is nice, but they're selling the ecosystem. Live consists of the social/comms/matchmaking/account type stuff etc. I can see with cross-play that being a reality at some point. The bigger question is which components can coexist with Nintendo without stepping on their toes so they'd allow it. Obviously not achievements and such which is part of the game. But matchmaking and communications, possibly? Where cross-platform exists. Use Nintendo to stab Sony....and Nintendo could use MS to gain "gamer" legitimacy. Nintendo + MS with Sony on the outside could seem appealing to the two.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Your guess is as good as mine. I'm honestly completely in limbo, concerning this subject.
Guess we'll find out whenever Microsoft is ready and willing to tell us more about it.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

redd214

Do any of you guys know how long cloud saves are good for? As in if I dump my saves into the cloud and no longer have my console how long will they still be available for?

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Far as I know forever, as long as you've still got an active account that you can link them to.
That's also how the whole "moving profile to other Xbox" works, so the same will more than likely count for game saves/cloud saves. But perhaps you're better off asking that question on the official Xbox forum.

Or perhaps somebody already beat you to it, so in that case, you should already be able to find the answer.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Dezzy

Great, Crackdown has like 60 on metacritic. Oh well, thank god I've got backcompat games until Gears 5 comes out!

@redd214

Until it rains.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Buizel

@Dezzy disappointing... I was hoping Crackdown 3 could be my entry into the series but perhaps its not worth my time.

This lack of compelling exclusives is getting ridiculous. It seems I want Sony's games but Microsoft's business practices.

At least 2'8".

Dezzy

@Buizel

Lol except Microsoft's business practices are in large part BECAUSE they're on the back foot.

redd214

Not surprising in the least unfortunately. I think we all saw this coming miles away so it's hardly shocking. 3 critical duds in a row for MS. Hope that Gears 5 releases this year and really delivers.

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@Buizel If you want an entry into the series, then you can still download the first game for free from Microsoft's Marketplace. And it's Xbox One X enhanced, so if you've got one of those, it'll look a bit better than on the standard Xbox One or Xbox One S.

@Dezzy I'm still going to get it, though. I liked what I saw from that video you posted, And I don't really care much for Metacritic or any other aggregate site, since there's always idiot reviewers, both professional and armchair critics, that can drag down the numbers.

I still remember the initial user review scores for Breath of the Wild, where quite a few idiotic user reviews gave it a 1 or even just a 0, out of spite or disbelief that a Zelda game could actually be that good. Luckily, the site's managers stepped in that time, and the illegal reviews were removed, but still, on average, the negative grades influence the good grades WAY too much.

Buizel

@ThanosReXXX yeah I've picked the original up. I was intending to buy it actually (not knowing of the offer), and was very confused when it didn't show the price...ended up accidentally getting it for free!

I might consider getting Game Pass for a month and giving 3 a soon though.

@Dezzy Tru dat. Honestly I think things like backwards compatibility and Play Anywhere are the only reason I even considered getting an Xbox this gen. Its a shame really.

At least 2'8".

Dezzy

redd214 wrote:

Not surprising in the least unfortunately. I think we all saw this coming miles away so it's hardly shocking. 3 critical duds in a row for MS.

Don't forget Forza Horizon 4. That broke up the consistent badness a bit.

Also, I assume you're including State of Decay 2. Weren't the main issues with that just the mountains of bugs? And haven't they since fixed most of those?

ThanosReXXX

@Buizel Just to give you a heads up on the game: it looks pretty rough, by today's standards, but if you push through the first half hour or so, then the gameplay really begins to shine. And see to it, that you get to know where's what in the city and on the map, so you can collect as many power orbs as you can, from the start. You'll need 'em to be able to jump and climb ever higher to get the rest of them, and the specials.

I replayed it just a couple of days ago, and I planned to just grab 20 minutes of it, just for fun, but it hooked me again, and I ended up playing for several hours.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Maybe @redd214 was counting Super Lucky's Tale instead of Crackdown 3 for the 3 in a row?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

It's good to see they delayed Crackdown 3 to give it the extra polish it needed.

Octane

WebHead

A polished turd is still a turd.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

CanisWolfred

Yeah, I might try out Crackdown 3 as a rental or as a dirt-cheap pickup way down the line but it just...looks so bland. Everything about it looks cheaply thrown together and dated, both graphically & mechanically. The original had a ton of charm, and I wouldn't mind going back to experience it again, but Saints Row 4 already did everything they tried to do better. Except for the cloud stuff, obviously, which clearly was a bad idea to begin with.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NEStalgia

@redd214 Cloud saves are "forever" on XBox. When I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution digitally with X1 BC, my saves from X360 from December 2011 downloaded right away! Nice difference from the other platforms there. (Yes, I realize my reply is late but still useful )

@dezzy Ouch, that metacritic. I'm not a huge fan of metacritic, but to get in the 6's, it's got to be in serious trouble....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I've found that I don't care about sites like Metacritic at ALL, nor do I see them as any real indicator of a game's value. The lower scores drag the good and serious reviews down WAY too much.

Even on the professional review side of things, there's a number of sites that are notoriously over-zealous in their criticism, and no serious gamer should pay heed to them, but in aggregate scores, these verdicts do count, unfortunately.

I simply always make up my own mind, without help from any outside sources. I'm the best advisor for myself, so I'm perfectly capable of selecting the games that I might enjoy and would like to play.

I enjoyed the previous two games, and this one looks and plays better, so I simply cannot see myself not liking it, so it's a definite buy for me.

DarkRula

No matter what, it's still a fun game. Just like the first, I've had a lot of fun exploring and giving the boom to the enemy. It's been such a fun experience I lost six and a half hours to it, with my strength almost fully maxed. I don't even think I levelled my driving once yet, as it's so much more fun to be on foot.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic