Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,661 to 11,680 of 11,903

Mgalens

Would love to see that happen.

Though its a similar case as with the FF pixel remasters for me, would love to see them but aren't feeling too hopeful.

Mgalens

JokerCK

Wow Persona games are coming to pc and xbox. Hopefully it will be announced for Switch on Nintendo Direct as well. Or I'll hate Atlus forever.
Also Silksong? Still no release date. I hope I can see it come out in my lifetime.

JokerCK

RenYuMakoto

So Persona 3 4 5, all come to another platform not from Sony (PC and Xbox). Persona 4 Golden come to Steam and now this. Yes, i think Switch will have them soon.

Đ.v.C

Peach64

Starfield looks so much like my kind of game. I actually dislike the post apocalyptic wasteland aesthetic, but Fallout 4 was still one of my favourite games last gen, so can't wait for a similar game in a setting I actually enjoy.

Peach64

Aozz101x

All i can say is...
THANK YOU XBOX AND ATLUS FOR BRINGING PERSONA 3 AND PERSONA 5 TO PC (AND XBOX)
I Know that Persona 4 is coming to Xbox, but i didn't count it. because i already own it. but, happy for people that will get to experience Golden on Xbox and PC.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

RR529

Can't say I'm particularly excited about any of it. Don't get me wrong, Starfield looks cool, but I could feel the bloat burnout when they were selling the massive size of the thing.

Cool that Persona's coming over, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Buizel

While the announcement of Persona for Xbox is great news, especially for those who haven't had a chance to play these games before (and I wholeheartedly encourage such players to give it a go...especially Persona 5 Royal)...I can't help feel a bit bitter about the announcement.

The release of Persona 3 Portable (bizarrely keeping the name) rather than a definitive version (or FES, even) seems like wasted potential. It seems like there'll never be a version that combines the benefits of both FES and Portable.

Also if Switch (and PS, considering 3 and 4 aren't on there either) doesn't get these titles...I just can't help to be both disappointed and baffled by Atlus' publishing strategy. Why not release 5 Strikers and 4 Arena Ultimax on Xbox, but release the main games? And vice versa for Switch?

At least 2'8".

kkslider5552000

This reminded me of the Game Awards last year in that it was fine but pretty boring. I feel like Xbox has just resigned itself to its own "the most normie of hardcore gamers" audience that just want shooters and vaguely dark, serious games the same way Nintendo only wanted to put out platformers a decade ago. Which makes sense when you realize that actually selling games is secondary to selling Game Pass. If I had an Xbox/Gamepass, there's a lot of games here I'd check out that I'd be very unlikely to actually buy on their own (even with a sale).

But I increasingly hate nearly every single CG trailer used for new IPs. If there's nothing familiar to be hyped about and it doesn't look especially new or out there, showing me not the actual video game is the biggest waste of my time and you might as well have not bothered.

It is funny how much Obsidian can do while certain other Xbox studios take an eternity to maybe put out one game though. They had like 2 games here, neither of which are the 2 upcoming games from them I expected.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Madao

Good show overall by MS. Gamepass continuous to be insane value for money.
A bit disappointed by Starfield. It was in a pretty bad state, clearly still needs a lot of work and the story bits they showed were very basic. Building your own ship was the only part that got me a bit excited.

Madao

6ch6ris6

@kkslider5552000 well the shooters and dark games they showed were all pretty random and cater more towards younger geenration that likes total randomness. vampires, ninjas, pirates etc. just throw as much as you can in one game. super lame.
i actually wish they showed some interesting dark shooters. didnt see any. scorn has an amazing artstyle but so far the gameplay looks blan

quite a boring presenation. minecraft rts looks like a cool concept.
only real highlight for me was kojima saying he works on a new game.

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

kkslider5552000

I'd also like to add that a good chunk of the games with real potential fell into the problem where even if they had gameplay, they were shown off in the least interesting way?

Like Skyrim could literally show the least interesting gameplay for its big trailer back in the day, but it didn't matter because that trailer had the cool narrator and FUS-RO-DAH and the Skyrim theme. The Starfield trailer meanwhile, looked too much like Fallout without the distinct elements combined with No Man's Sky without the primary colors.

Also I swear to god, Microsoft has spent the past decade hyping up the incredible graphics of whatever Forza game is up next, how can anyone care in 2022? How are we still doing the drawn out presentation on Forza graphics? Which is a shame to say because between the wacky additions they'll sometimes add and the actual gameplay when the newest one came out, Forza Horizon is actually cool? Like a really fun racing game that uses its emphasis on advanced graphics and realism well? But I feel like I'm on a mobius strip of boredom whenever Microsoft brings up those graphics.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Pizzamorg

Was pretty surprised to see people rate this lower than Summer Games. I thought that show was too long, bloated with awkward segments and adverts, and had way too many spooky space games. Not everything here was for me, and I guess there still weren't any real shock announcements or whatever, but I feel like Xbox tried to have something for everyone here and since Gamepass exists, and I think something like all bout three titles shown are coming day one? You can get excited for pretty much all of this, as none of it costs you extra to play. And who knows, they may make some deals on those other games between now and their release.

I will be honest though, I am extremely worried about Starfield. A combination of launch No Man's Sky and modern Bethesda sounds like a match made in hell, I hear "1000 planets" and think of the "16 x the detail" lie. Not to mention, I appreciate the No Man's Sky story (as in the real life story of how they stuck with the game etc), but it's focus in game is a game really not for me. I understand they have added a lot more game to NMS over the years, but games that are centred around like survivability, crafting, exploration etc are really boring to me. I hope this is a narrative focused, choices driven, RPG first and all the material gathering, base building and crap is just a side activity that can be mostly ignored like it could be in Fallout 4.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm hopeful for it but I certainly want to see quite a bit more before getting it, @Pizzamorg .... I'm sure they'll show plenty, though
I'm certainly liking the thousands of demos up on Steam for the shows, so I'm busy playing lots of those

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

RubyCarbuncle

Silksong is the only game I'm looking forward to which I'll be playing on PC Gamepass or I'll likely buy it as the developers deserve all the support they can get in my opinion. Everything else though? nah not interested. Had enough of their usual dose of shooters and racers now in all honesty, not that they're bad games as I still play them, I just don't need anymore of them. As for Persona? well I played P3 4 and 5 on their respective Platforms already so I don't feel a need to play them again but I'm pleased these games can be experienced by a much wider audience now.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Yoshi2
Indonesian peoples from my country love PlayStation brands so much since PS1 era.
PlayStation machines and games are everywhere.
Indonesian peoples like Nintendo brands too as PlayStation.
But Indonesian peoples don't like XBOX brands despite there are a few shops displayed XBOX ONE and Series X/S machine.
XBOX is literally a dead brand in Indonesia.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

RR529

Yoshi2 wrote:

Would it be fair to say that there is a different outlook between America and Europe when it comes to Xbox? In Ireland anyway, Playstation is by far the dominant console.

In America, it seems like Xbox might be the more popular choice?

In the US, while Xbox is certainly more competitive than it is in the EU, I still think PS edges it out. At least PS4 to XOne. Not really sure how the next gen systems stack up to each other yet, but I think PS might be ahead (then again, I'm not sure what with Series S being relatively inexpensive & available).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic