Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,461 to 11,480 of 11,914

Ralizah

New home console runs games better than old handheld. More at 11.

Anyway, Series S being digital-only is unfortunate, since it means I'll probably never get one. I have a number of Xbox 360 games I'd love to play on it. And I don't really want to shell out for the Series X since I have no use for 4K.

I could get a One S, but the thought of paying almost as much as a Series S for a much weaker device without an SSD that doesn't play different games just bothers me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

It could be worth checking how much do these games cost digitally. Most 360 games aren’t super expensive, and the store is constantly having sales for old and new games. They could be part of game pass too.

I was unsure at first as well, since I upgraded from a One S and my favorite games were on disc, but the very same week I got mine, the games were all on sale

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TheFrenchiestFry

Series S always stuck out to me as specifically the "Game Pass Machine" which is probably what it's truly meant for. Series X is for the hardcore Xbox player but Series S is for a quick alternative to sampling next-gen games without breaking the bank for stuff like the newly priced physical releases or better hardware for more money

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

WoomyNNYes

Does xbox one still require internet connection checks to play games?

My brother wants to bring his xbox on vacation and play offline.

(my nieces will likely play Lego City Undercover. My brother and I likely Forza Horizon 3, 4, possibly 2)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NEStalgia

@WoomyNNYes No, they did away with that the first few months of X1 in the Matrick backlash. You can just set the console to offline mode and (as long as it's your "Primary" xbox), you're good to go.

NEStalgia

gcunit

Horizon still looking great, but I do find myself wishing it wasn't quite so arcadey. Bring it a little more towards the sim side and it would be amazing. And I own FH2, 3 & 4 fwiw.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@Eel
In The Sims 1 seems possible to burn your house into ash by under leveled Cooking skill Sims.
Oh, wait...
The other way = launch a rocket indoor or outdoor with a lot of fur carpets on the floor and enjoy the inferno party.
Not gonna lie, the screams in agony from The Sims 1 sounds more disturbing than other The Sims games.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Halo Infinite coming December 8th .... Nice looking Limited Edition console for it but given how hard it is to get the standard ones, I wish anyone wanting that a lot of luck

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

Series S is available on Amazon.com right now

I just ordered one. Not sure I'll keep it though. I wouldn't use it for games as I play on PC, and already have a PS5. Was thinking more for the streaming apps with Dolby Digital for headphones, and access to Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon on 360. Hence, no need for a Series X when the S is cheaper and can do all of that. We'll see though. Might cancel.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

@Kirby_EU

Is it necessary to share every random tweet and video? You could at least add some personal thoughts or something.

Looking at your post history, you behave more like a feed than a regular user, and that honestly feels a bit sketchy to me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tendo64

BruceCM wrote:

Halo Infinite coming December 8th .... Nice looking Limited Edition console for it but given how hard it is to get the standard ones, I wish anyone wanting that a lot of luck

Yeah... would get the limited edition console/Halo Infinite pack in a heartbeat, but finding one is likely just too damn hard. As is finding a standard edition.

Am even wondering whether or not to bother hunting an Xbox Series X in time for Halo Infinite (longshot I know), OR just get Infinite on Xbox One and play it that way. Given I got a PS5 in August, it'd be a lot to spend on consoles in a short space of time..

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic