Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,481 to 11,500 of 11,914

Tasuki

I haven't really played Halo games much, mostly just splitscreen co-op with friends but I was wonder about the online multiplayer.

After playing CoD the past few years and being disgusted by the last few games I have decided to look for another Online Multiplayer FPS game. I like the more arcadey style that CoD use to have so Battlefield is out-of the question for me. So I decided to look into the Halo series especially with this new one coming out.

The biggest question I have is what kind of progression does the online Multiplayer have. One thing that I enjoy in CoD is the progression. I like leveling up the guns and unlocking various things, perks, more guns, attachments. One thing I didn't like about Overwatch for example is the fact that levels don't mean really anything, yes you unlock cosmetics but that doesn't do anything for me.

Long story short what kind of progression does Halo have in multiplayer or is it just bragging rights?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Anti-Matter

Someone gave me idea about OG XBOX game that i could consider.
@Tendo64 Thanks for the idea of Barbie Horse Adventures XBOX version. šŸ˜
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tendo64

Anti-Matter wrote:

Someone gave me idea about OG XBOX game that i could consider.
@Tendo64 Thanks for the idea of Barbie Horse Adventures XBOX version. šŸ˜
Untitled

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Tasuki

Tasuki wrote:

I haven't really played Halo games much, mostly just splitscreen co-op with friends but I was wonder about the online multiplayer.

After playing CoD the past few years and being disgusted by the last few games I have decided to look for another Online Multiplayer FPS game. I like the more arcadey style that CoD use to have so Battlefield is out-of the question for me. So I decided to look into the Halo series especially with this new one coming out.

The biggest question I have is what kind of progression does the online Multiplayer have. One thing that I enjoy in CoD is the progression. I like leveling up the guns and unlocking various things, perks, more guns, attachments. One thing I didn't like about Overwatch for example is the fact that levels don't mean really anything, yes you unlock cosmetics but that doesn't do anything for me.

Long story short what kind of progression does Halo have in multiplayer or is it just bragging rights?

My Backlog

Tasuki

@DarthNocturnal I did think of Titanfall, but from what I have heard, read the multiplayer is full of hackers and EA doesn't really support it really well since Apex Legend came out. Still might be worth a fiver at least to check it out.

My Backlog

Eel

Itā€™s been so long since my last game pass subscription ended, that I can do another trial month for 10 pesos (about 50 US cents).

Gonna try Forza Horizon 5!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pizzamorg

I actually realised I missed my year anniversary of my Series X by a couple of days - I just checked my photo memories.

A year later, I am still waiting for a reason to really use this lol. I got my Switch and my Series X within the last year or so, and if I told myself a year ago that youā€™d probably use the series X for less than a dozen hours and spend hundreds of hours on your Switch, Iā€™d laugh and call myself mad.

I really hope this time next year, the Series X has a lot more exclusive stuff, so I can really start putting the console through itā€™s paces. Like for sure, if you have no other console, I am sure this is great for third party stuff and all the stuff Microsoft does in the name of game preservation is simply leaps and bounds beyond any competition, so that is cool, too.

However, for me, I already had a PC. And it has yet to pull me away from my PC. And Iā€™m sure some people will say like ā€œbut if you have a PC already, why even get a consoleā€. And that is because sitting at a desk isnā€™t very comfortable and with the way my room is set up, it can be quite awkward using my TV as a monitor for my PC. So the plan was to use my PC as the shooter/competitive machine and use the console for everything else, but so far the ā€œeverything elseā€ I might have wanted to play wasnā€™t included in GamePass and it was like 60 quid on console or 30 quid on PC, so my Series X has been basically gathering dust other than using it for like Netflix or NFL Gamepass.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Shaman_King

Forza Horizon 5 is a masterpiece. I enjoy the game, and for now itā€™s GOTY

Shaman_King

Eel

I supposedly switched from normal to easy in the settings. Noticed very little changed. Might take a deeper look at the settings.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

So the absence of Jedi Outcast has been resolved. PS and Switch got the Aspyr port meanwhile Xbox got the OG Xbox version via backwards compatibility.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tasuki

So it looks like MS is finished with their backwards compatibility catalog. There are games I would have loved to see but it's understandable especially when it comes to licensing issues. Still their catalog is nothing to sneeze at especially compared to how Sony and Nintendo handled backwards compatibility.

My Backlog

BruceCM

You played that, then, @Zuljaras ...? I picked it up in a Steam sale some time ago but haven't got around to it yet

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

BruceCM wrote:

You played that, then, @Zuljaras ...? I picked it up in a Steam sale some time ago but haven't got around to it yet

Yes bought it on GOG. Amazing game! Almost copy and paste of Titan Quest but it is made by the same people after all.

BruceCM

I'll be sure to give it a go sometime, then, @Zuljaras ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic