Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,441 to 11,460 of 11,914

JoyBoy

@Dezzy Didn't you have a Series S? Is it something you would recommend? I kinda want to try something different, I still have a PS4 pro(and a switch ofcourse!) but getting game pass seems like a good deal and nothing Sony is doing at the moment seems like a good deal to me.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Black Ops Cold War was announced in late August so I'd guess CoD 2022 would be announced around the same time (before Black Ops Cold War, CoD reveal was around May so not comparable). So as a result I'd guess we'll find out the Halo Infinite release date in September/October.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Mr-Fuggles777

@JoyBoy the Series S is amazing console for the price (it costs less than a switch) and with Game Pass you wouldn't need to buy any games.
It does have slightly reduced resolution than the Series X but If you don't have a 4k 120hz TV then you wouldn't notice.
Mine is now in the bedroom on a standard 32" 1080 screen and the games look and perform great.

I also like the fact I can switch the Series X off downstairs, go up to bed and pick up from where I saved on the Series S - and my Gampass Subscription carries across both consoles, mobile phone and my gaming laptop.

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Eel

I love the quick resume function on my Series S, it keeps like 5 or 6 games suspended at the same time. It's super convenient.

It was a worthy upgrade from the One S for that and the improved performance, and it didn't cost that much more compared to my One S.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

@JoyBoy

Yep, I have a Series S. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone. If you don't wanna spend too much money, and if you don't even have a 4K screen, it's perfect. Great value for money.

It's frankly worth the price just as a backwards compatible machine imo. Having those older 360/Xbox games in high resolution AND having Xbox One games in 60fps is a massive win by itself.

@Grumblevolcano

Well I guess that's only a month or so away. Still wish they'd hurry it up!

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magonigal

@JoyBoy
I have a Series S and would definitely recommend it. I got mine because of Game Pass after using it on PC and for the fantastic value for the price. Even if you have a 4k screen it can do resolutions higher than 1080p in some games. Most games run at 60fps which is a great upgrade over the previous generation and some games like Metro Exodus and Watch Dogs Legion look amazing with the ray-tracing. There are some great games like The Ascent and Flight Simulator coming out soon and I get them for nothing apart from the Game Pass subscription.

Magonigal

Dezzy

With Dark Souls 3 randomly dropping as 60fps boosted by itself, I'm wondering if they got through all of the easy games to patch, and from now on we'll just get one-off releases like that every couple of weeks or so?

If so, I hope they'll actually aim for the most-wanted games.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

The delisting after 4 years pattern continues with Forza Motorsport 7, end of life is September 15th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/08/09/join-us-for-the-gamesc...

There's a few Xbox things happening in late August:

• Xbox Gamescom stream - August 24th 10am PT/1pm ET/6pm BST
  • Gamescom Opening Night Live - August 25th 11pm PT/2pm ET/7pm BST (Xbox mentioning it pretty much confirms Xbox Game Studios presence)
  • Bethesda Germany has streams starting August 26th

Grumblevolcano

Mr-Fuggles777

@DarthNocturnal from EuroGamer

"Performance" mode gives players a dynamic 1080p resolution at up to 120 FPS with no ray-tracing.
"Resolution" mode gives players a dynamic 2160p resolution at 60 FPS with no ray-tracing. "Enriched" mode gives players a dynamic 2160p resolution at 30 FPS with ray-tracing.

TheFrenchiestFry

STALKER 2 looks great. UE5 being put to good use. This'll look amazing on my PC

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Anti-Matter

Yo, these are my XBOX games purchase from Tokopedia as 3rd and 4th XBOX USA games i have. 😃
Untitled

Well, i don't need XBOX ONE and or X/S Series since those machines cannot even play Carmen Sandiego and Spongebob games. XBOX Classic (OG XBOX) is more than enough for me.

Anti-Matter

Mr-Fuggles777

The Series S is a beast, especially when you consider its cheaper than a switch (which is struggling to hit base HD graphics on recent exclusives).
We have ours set up in the bedroom where lack of 4k isn't an issue as we don't have a 4k TV there.

Mr-Fuggles777

@Balta666 I didn't compare systems, I compared the price point.

1 is four years old systrm that struggles to run current software and the other is new, runs all current gen software and retails for less.

That is simply crazy whatever way you try to dress it up.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic