Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,421 to 11,440 of 11,914

RR529

I want to thank everyone for the tips! I adjusted some of the assists and won my first race tonight! Also finished 6th in another, but that's still way more exciting than coming in last.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

I saw someone suggest that the reason they haven't announced the Halo launch date is simply because they're waiting for the 2021 COD to announce, that way they can avoid clashing with that. Seems plausible given how big an audience COD has, and how Halo is obviously looking to bring in newcomers with its free-to-play multiplayer. Launching at least a month, or even 2 months later than COD could be quite good for bringing in new people.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

I have some DDR and Kinect games on OG XBOX and XBOX 360 but still haven't got the machines yet.

Anti-Matter

dmcc0

@RR529 Well Done! The game actually does a pretty good job at keeping you at the correct level - if, after a few more races, you find you're winning easily all the time it'll ask if you want to put the difficulty up to the next level and will keep doing so as you progress - and ask you if you want to lower it again if you're not doing so well!

dmcc0

DarkRula

Ah, Forza Horizon 4... I'm not going into paragraphs long reminisces about it, but it really is great. The fourth game doesn't really have anything regarding a main story, just a tutorial one. Finishing positions do not matter at all, since the entire game is built around the do-as-you-please style of gameplay, which really opens up once you've gone through all the seasons of said tutorial story.

The other games all had more of a focus on one core story - even if they still had the freedom the series is known for. Horizon 3's opening the festival out to all of Australia (which 5 seems to be expanding upon with those expeditions), Horizon 2's tours across southern France and northern Italy (which hardly felt like touring trips on a map as small as that), and the original Horizon's complete focus on a core story with rivals and proper progression within Colorado.

Horizon 4 has a lot within it, thanks to post-release support beyond the DLC, with the various stories and businesses, Super7 and The Eliminator. Even the DLC provided new things, with a new PR stunt introduced (with sadly never was implemented into the base game), and ideas for progression in any content for future games (I would love the challenge list of the LEGO DLC to return as a way of unlocking cosmetics or cars). As much as I love Horizon 4, though, the third's DLC is still my favourite of the bunch.

Hope you come to love it, @RR529, and explore everything it has to offer.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Dezzy

Dezzy wrote:

I saw someone suggest that the reason they haven't announced the Halo launch date is simply because they're waiting for the 2021 COD to announce, that way they can avoid clashing with that. Seems plausible given how big an audience COD has, and how Halo is obviously looking to bring in newcomers with its free-to-play multiplayer. Launching at least a month, or even 2 months later than COD could be quite good for bringing in new people.

Phil has apparently confirmed this is pretty much the reason:

dmcc0

@Balta666 I think the cross-save compatible games are labelled 'XBox Play Anywhere' - Psychonauts has 2 entries on the Game Pass App, one for console/cloud and a separate entry for Windows 10 and 'Xbox Play Anywhere' not listed on the capabilities of either I'm afraid.

dmcc0

RR529

Since they added touch controls I decided to check out Dirt 5 on my lunch break today.

Held up pretty well and seemed pretty fun, but touch controls are pretty much useless for a game like this.

I can use my DS4 at home, but for my lunch breaks I'd like to get one of those controller grips for my phone, but it seems like there's a drawback no matter which way you go. My phone looks like it's be too bulky for the Razer Kishi, the Backbone is iOS only (I have an Android), and the Gamesir X2 lacks analogue triggers/sticks.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

With the recent announcement of FH5 I got the itch to fire up FH3 again. I love how easy it is to get back into these games after not playing them for awhile. Not only that I forget how relaxing these games can be and how easy it is to lose track of time when playing them.

With that said I managed to get enough fans to fully upgrade one of my festival sites to its max level and find a couple more barn cars last night.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

dmcc0

@DarthNocturnal Yup, nothing worse than getting a Super Wheelspin and then winning 3 items of clothing (except maybe winning 3 novelty horns)!

dmcc0

RR529

Definitely starting to get the hang of Forza Horizon 4 now. I've won my last several races & the game asked if I wanted to face tougher AI (which for the moment I've turned down, but it feels good nonetheless).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

@Balta666, yeah, at first I was having trouble even finishing better than dead last, but after turning on most of the assists (which were brought up recently in this thread, so you should be able to see which ones if you look back a page or two) and dropping the AI down to "new driver" I've had a much easier time & am getting better.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Dezzy

Do we have an expected date for the COD announcement? That way they can do the Halo release date?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic