Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,361 to 11,380 of 11,903

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
I do not like Among Us at all.
ZERO interest with them.

Ooblets for XBOX from Wholesome Indie Direct yesterday was really caught my interest for their colorful and cartoonish looking characters. But I wish Ooblets will goes to Nintendo and PlayStation in physical release someday.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Oh wait there was one Kiddie game at Xbox, Slime ranchers two.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
I see...
I watched Slime Rancher 2 trailer just now.
But I really wish for 3rd person view option as seeing in 1st person for entire game kinda makes me a little bit dizzy.
I believe Slime Rancher 2 will get ported to either PS4 / PS5 someday like the first Slime Rancher on PS4.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Snatcher wrote:

I also want to know, what did you guys think about the showcase? I thought it was great, The way they showed trailer after trailer with no pauses (Well one) was great and I want to see more of it.

They did pretty good in terms of the sheer quantity of stuff (of a reasonably high quality) they showed.

Nothing that really blew me away though. The Starfield and Halo trailers were both way too basic. I wanted something a bit more epic from both.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

I'm sure one of the regular posters here is from Mexico. Is it you @Eel , I forget who's from where.

I wonder if Forza Horizon 5 looks as much like real world Mexico as Horizon 4 looked like Britain. Cos Horizon 4 was almost photo-realistic in how accurate it was. That was one of the main appeals.

Eel

Yeah, that’d be me. That would depend on what part of Mexico they’re recreating. I haven’t seen the trailer yet.

If it’s a cool recreation of a part I’ve visited, I might consider playing it!

Edit: ok, I’m not sure where some of the places in the video are set, but the beach town was a bit uncanny with how much it looks like towns I have right here in my home state, it was like, “wait is that (place)?”. I’ve been to Guanajuato too, and while I don’t have much of a photographic memory, that part looked really good. Though traditional cities and towns like that usually have very cramped thin streets, not exactly racing material.

So… Will the game take place in like… The entire country? That would be crazy!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

@Eel

Well yes, for the last 2 games they've tried to make like miniture-ized versions of the whole country. So they just take a bunch of key areas from across the country and then stitch them together as if the distance between the key landmarks was just a lot smaller.

So it'll be like Mexico City and then you'll drive out into the countryside and about 5 minutes drive you'll be in Chichen Itza, or something like that.

The map in Horizon 4 was basically the entire length of England, scaled down.

Edited on by Dezzy

Eel

If they include the Baja California peninsula and it isn’t just Los Cabos surrounded by choyas, then I’ll absolutely buy the game.

This peninsula IS actually famous for being basically one long off-road racetrack.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

They could just make the cars faster 😀

(The presentation already made me anxious with how close they were from crashing into one another several times during the gameplay showcase)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

Oh, I can tell you, just normal driving can be a nightmare in towns like these.

They go up and down like a rollercoaster, and the streets were planned for maybe a horse or two, not cars.

Many of the interesting tourist spots will probably be off limits unless they do some computer magic to adapt the streets.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

As a bit of trivia, the name Guanajuato apparently means “place with a mountain of frogs”. And no, it’s not like frogs are particularly numerous there. Maybe the hills just looked froggy?

Bloop.

Eel

I would be shocked and amazed if my hometown was a location in the game.

It’s basically just a place you pass through to visit other more interesting places.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

JoyBoy

Can't wait till they make Forza Horizon 6 The Netherlands. The game is going to be 5 minutes long!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

dmcc0

Dezzy wrote:

@Eel

The map in Horizon 4 was basically the entire length of England, scaled down.

They had a fair chunk of Scotland in there too - you can set Edinburgh Castle as you're home if you have enough credits.

dmcc0

gcunit

Eel wrote:

I would be shocked and amazed if my hometown was a location in the game.

It’s basically just a place you pass through to visit other more interesting places.

So... a bit like your forum posts then? 😜

I don't have a 4k display, so it's very hard for the Xbox marketing to get through to me. Horizon 5 just looks like Horizon 4 but with less greenery.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit No offense, but I'm afraid that you might be up for a new set of glasses or contacts, because even though I've exchanged my TV for a new one today, when I watched the Forza Horizon 5 reveal on my old 1080p plasma screen yesterday, I could already see that it looked significantly better and more detailed than 4 ever did. They've done a LOT of new things, in regards to both graphics and physics.

The detail on that car in the beginning, which is only possible thanks to the new upgraded engine they're using, is simply amazing and is as close as you're going to get to realism in a game. Previous Forza Horizons obviously also always looked good for the generation that they were released in, but this is truly the next step in racing simcades.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

jump

Apparently Everwild has had its development restarted which is why it was missing from E3. To be honest I couldn’t tell what the game was when they last showed it so it’s probably for the best.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

gcunit

@ThanosReXXX I watched it on my 5" phone screen. Maybe I'll give it another look on a bigger screen 😁

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit Aha, that might just make the difference, provided you have a good TV that has super sampling capabilities or any other scaling abilities, then you can still reap the benefits of 4K content on a 1080p screen, because there's still 4 times the amount of pixels displayed, so there's still more detail, even though you can't display the native signal. Ask @NEStalgia, he'll probably be able to explain it better than me.

Either way, I always watch everything E3 on a big screen, unless I don't have a big screen available, but even then, I usually just watch it later, when I got the time, so I can still enjoy everything as it should be enjoyed: like an actual, big screen presentation at a live event.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic