Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,341 to 11,360 of 11,914

Dave666

@Zuljaras that is only for backwards compatible Xbox One and 360 games Series X games will work from the disc with no download required

Dave666

Switch Friend Code: SW-3480-0278-4133

Zuljaras

@Dave666 I hope so ... no Series X exclusive games yet and probably for another year. Who knows they may even require it then. Why not push one system update that contains all config files for Xbox One games. I doubt they are more than 2-3 GB. But I might be mistaken.

Still it is clear that the internet requirement to setup the console for the first time (and every time you do a hard reset) and the mandatory MS account are DRM features. Every other console ships with OS that is functional right from the start. I mean why ditch the local accounts?

I am perfectly fine with the Xbox and 360 BC to be download only but the other DRM stuff is just not needed. Someday we could get a legacy update that removes this stuff.

With all that said I still love my One X even if I play more on my PS4 and my Switch.

Dave666

Zuljaras wrote:

@Dave666 I hope so ... no Series X exclusive games yet and probably for another year. Who knows they may even require it then. Why not push one system update that contains all config files for Xbox One games. I doubt they are more than 2-3 GB. But I might be mistaken.

Still it is clear that the internet requirement to setup the console for the first time (and every time you do a hard reset) and the mandatory MS account are DRM features. Every other console ships with OS that is functional right from the start. I mean why ditch the local accounts?

I am perfectly fine with the Xbox and 360 BC to be download only but the other DRM stuff is just not needed. Someday we could get a legacy update that removes this stuff.

With all that said I still love my One X even if I play more on my PS4 and my Switch.

Microsoft have have confirmed it. They said they need to better label that backwards compatible games will require a download.

Dave666

Switch Friend Code: SW-3480-0278-4133

jump

The xbox stream sucks and I barely get through 30 secs before it buffers.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

psychonauts 2 coming ag 25th lets go baby!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Blooper987

That Outer Worlds trailer is probably my favorite trailer ever

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

RR529

There were a few games I'd be interested in playing if I had an Xbox (Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 5, Halo), but nothing that particularly excited me or made me want to go out of my way to get one.

A few too many post apocalyptic shooters & co-op/multiplayer games for my tastes, and with no Sony presence a huge missed opportunity to get some Japanese games up on stage (I think it was just a reminder that Yakuza is on Xbox, and that HD-2D looking JRPG that isn't hitting until 2023).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

6ch6ris6

with that fridge...MS won e3 !

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

jump wrote:

The xbox stream sucks and I barely get through 30 secs before it buffers.

mine was butter smooth on twitch

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Dezzy

Pretty good overall from Xbox.

My only major issues were the lack of gameplay from Starfield, so we still have no real idea what it actually is, and then the lack of campaign footage from Halo. Why didn't we see more of that? It's supposed to be coming out in the next 6 months...?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Snatcher

@Blooper987 OMG same.

I also want to know, what did you guys think about the showcase? I thought it was great, The way they showed trailer after trailer with no pauses (Well one) was great and I want to see more of it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Anti-Matter

@RR529
I didn't watch XBOX presentation as very obvious to me there will be no kiddie games during presentation, am I right ?

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Eh, they'll never top the 2019 E3 with Keanu, @Snatcher .... But yeah, it was pretty good

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Among us is there, Oh and this is something about the game you might like to hear, I think there changing some of the Blood in this update, Whenever you killed some won you would see blood, I I couldn't see it in any of the trailers, and I think the pistol got changed to a laser one.

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
No thanks.
I believe it was a rated 18+ game and I will never like it.
Among Us = NAAAAH ! 😒
Conclusion: No kiddie games from XBOX presentation.
That's it, XBOX have no games for me.
No DDR, No Casual Kinect games, No 1st party kiddie games exclusively on XBOX only.

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

Mini fridge is day one for me. I need two of them. one for me and one for my office when i visit (I work remotely in another state but have an office at corporate because I am a department head).

The outer worlds 2 trailer was great. Considering I bailed on the first game after I played eros for Parvati (universe is perfect...leave it at that) that was enough to make me want to buy the sequel as a good will purchase. I do wonder how it will tie to the first one though.

Ecstatic for the starfield date...because now we can start looking towards Elder Scrolls. And I can start saving for a new GPU.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Well ya It had no Kiddie Games but Among us is rated E 10.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic