Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 10,641 to 10,660 of 11,914

Dezzy

@Zeldafan79

Why bother buying an old console when the backcompat feature is so great? Buy a Series S!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

gcunit

Dezzy wrote:

Why bother buying an old console when the backcompat feature is so great? Buy a Series S!

Maybe when the Project Gotham Racing series is on the BC list I can begin to take this seriously, but for now I must laugh at this pitiful suggestion otherwise I might cry myself to sleep. Again.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Banjo-

I don't know if he said so or I dreamt it but doesn't @NEStalgia talk to his phone and it turns his speech into a forum wall text? I imagine him as a rational executive whispering to his expensive smartphone about video games little things at work.

The good thing about him, though, is that his walls are coherent and wise.

Banjo-

Octane

Coherent I can agree with

Octane

Glitchling78

In a roundabout way, I’ve ended up with an XBox One S.

As brief as I can, I met my mum and her partner a few weeks ago and mentioned thinking of getting a PS4. My mum’s partner doesn’t know much about technology but he says he bought one a year ago that he can’t set up because he doesn’t have the internet. My mum was furious that he’s wasted so much money.

Unfortunately they live quite far away so I couldn’t just borrow to set up and give it back. I also explained that nowadays with day one patches and stuff that to get a good experience he’d need the internet, thinking it would encourage him to finally get online.

Instead, for my birthday they sent it to me and turns out it’s an XBox and a copy of Red Dead 2. I’m not really interested in a lot of XBox exclusives but there’s a tonne of AAA 3rd party games on it I’d love to play so still happy!

Glitchling78

NEStalgia

@BruceCM kotr2 was third person already though...

@BlueOcean haha, no, i don't use speech to text.... That stuff never works well and you. End up with the worst accidental memes. This all aaaaall typed. Even on phones. Though i do is swype typing there, as hunt and peck tapping on phones would take forever.

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Oh, good, so maybe they can do some more games that way, then, @NEStalgia ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

Thinking about it, with Xbox Fanfest digital edition actually happening, there will likely be digital X020 sometime before Series X/S launch instead of all the big Xbox reveals coming at the Game Awards.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Hmm, hadn't even heard of XBox FanFest ... Guess they don't have that in England

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JoakimZ

@Glitchling78 Congratulations on the free Xbox!

I can really recommend subscibing to Xbox Game Pass, great value there.

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

halofan64

i cant believe that the xbox streaming app is gonna suuuuuuuck for apple users

NOOB12321

Glitchling78

@JoakimZ Thanks! I plan on getting it at some point, it looks like amazing value and there’s some great stuff on it. Ironically I’m not actually playing many games these days to even make it worth it, lockdown got me making art in my free time again.

My next purchase will be FFXV which is cheaper second hand than a month of Game Pass and will take me longer than a month to beat so probably after that

Glitchling78

NEStalgia

@halofan64 Is there anything that doesn't suck for apple users?

@BlueOcean The temps sound pretty low for both of them if that's true. Though this is a weird gen to benchmark. Current games will use the hardware very differently than games coming a few years after, so i doubt any benchmarks early on will be really pushing the hardware in ways well see a few years from now.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

GilbertXI

I hate Apple, they suck completely. They somehow made Google more pro-consumer than themselves, how does one even manage to do that?

GilbertXI

gcunit

NEStalgia wrote:

I don't think we're aging out of games. I think we're culturing out of society.

My mind was wondering and it reached a point where I was reminded of this. I've lived most of my life, it's felt, on the periphery of society. But I suspect a lot of people might feel this way if they reflected on it. Capitalist economies seem to have homogenised everything so much that a lot of things out there feel kinda relevant but are not really tailored to us as individuals.

But I wouldn't say we're particularly 'culturing' out of society, we're just ageing while society continues to do its thing of targeting teens and 20-somethings because they're the most impressionable and inexperienced. We're so used to to the gaming lifestyle - we've grown up within it and it's always felt relevant, but the experience of ageing and realising that products and buzz aren't really synced to you any more happens in most walks of life.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

MidLife Crisis: The Thread

Anyway, here's a brief IGN preview of Yakuza 7 on Series X/S:

Curious to see if Xbox fans actually buy this.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

jump wrote:

You old guys need to give up gaming. Maybe try collecting stamps or quilting instead ;p

This could become the official Knitting thread!

We would also discuss crochet, of course.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Glitchling78 wrote:

My next purchase will be FFXV which is cheaper second hand than a month of Game Pass and will take me longer than a month to beat so probably after that

Make sure you play it with all the DLC as part of the main game. I can't stress enough how much it improves it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Banjo-

One of the best games of the generation in spite of some people saying it's not worth playing.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic