Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 10,661 to 10,680 of 11,914

TheFrenchiestFry

FFXV Royal Edition is a massive improvement over the original release. I wouldn't call it one of the best games of the generation, or even one of the best Final Fantasy games let alone Square games due to its lackluster story and kind of tedious combat mechanics, as well as the sluggish pace towards the endgame content, but it's definitely a solidly made JRPG and one of the better action-based Final Fantasy games that isn't a Kingdom Hearts title.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Glitchling78

I may have to do that, I just spent a couple of hours playing Red Dead 2 and was bored to within an inch of my life. Why is everything you do so slow!? Also, my brain is wired to invert both axis but it only lets me do one of them, I spent any time not in cutscenes failing the camera around like a madman.

@Dezzy I didn’t realise the DLC was so essential, thanks for the heads up. I’ve got a month’s trial of Game Pass so I’ll redeem that and get FFXV on there instead.

@TheFrenchiestFry KH3 is also on the list. I lost what’s going on in the plot a long time ago but everything else about the games is a delight.

Edited on by Glitchling78

Glitchling78

Banjo-

The combat of Final Fantasy XV is only mindless if you want it to be so. The only issues I had is that I still don't know how to make my friends avoid my magic attacks. It's one of the real-time battles RPGs I've enjoyed the most and I liked the story, too.

Banjo-

Glitchling78

@DarthNocturnal Haha I don’t think I could handle that much Kingdom Hearts! I’ll just watch a recap on YouTube and play 2.8.

Got Game Pass, downloading FFXV now. Also eager to try Nier Automata, Alien Isolation, Super Lucky’s Tale and DOOM Eternal.

Glitchling78

Dezzy

@Glitchling78

If you're unsure where the DLC is supposed to be played, feel free to come back here and ask. The main game stupidly doesn't tell you when you're supposed to play it!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

Game Pass titles through October 22nd:

• AoE III Definitive Edition (PC) - October 15th
  • Heave Ho (PC) - October 15th
  • Katana Zero (Console + PC) - October 15th
  • Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition (Console + PC) - October 15th
  • The Swords of Ditto Mormo's Curse (PC) - October 15th
  • ScourgeBringer (Console) - October 21st
  • Cricket 19 (Console) - October 22nd
  • Supraland (Console) - October 22nd

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/10/13/coming-soon-xbox-game-...

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

Xbox Remote Play to android devices... it 'currently' isn't compatible with backwards compatible games. Is there much cause for hope that this will change?

I've just set my remote play up for the first time and immediately cheesed when I realise it won't run the games I wanted to play with it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

Yesssss, they've announced exactly what I was hoping for. All of the backcompat "enhancements" for the Xbox One X will also be adapted for the Series S. Meaning the selection of old 360 games will play in 1440p and with advanced texture filtering.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/10/13/xbox-series-x-and-xbox...

They also include this example of their new enhancement of 60fps for Xbox One games. Apparently this will only work automatically with "some" games though, due to differences in how games were originally designed. Hopefully most games that had a PC version will work with it, given that those were designed for 60fps on PC. The Series S/X is shaping up to be the best backwards compatible console ever made! The Series S is probably worth the console price purely based on backcompat, even if no next gen games were coming out.

Edited on by Dezzy

sixrings

@Dezzy I want a series s. However what I really want to play is Soul Calibur 6. That game was xbox one x enhanced and ran at 1440p. On the One S it ran at 720p? If I buy a Series S will it upgrade to 1440p. That is the real question? Id much prefer a larger amount of games seeing improvements than a few selected curated games.

sixrings

dmcc0

Is there an equivalent website to Deku Deals for Xbox games, wishlist etc? I find it super-useful for Switch games, but have only come across comparison sites for different region stores.

dmcc0

gcunit

@dmcc0 psprices.com can be set to whichever platform you choose and lets you set up price drop alerts.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NEStalgia

@gcunit ugg, the darned quotes never tag the quoted person, but tag anyone the quote tagged! I'll have to reply to that later!

@Glitchling78 " KH3 is also on the list. I lost what’s going on in the plot a long time ago "

That's ok, so did Square Enix!

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

NEStalgia wrote:

@Ryu_Niiyama also, nl just wasn't nl without perfume avatars flashing!

Wait, do they bother your vision? Not trying to give anyone a seizure.

On topic, just snagged two 1 tb ssds for the ps4 and xbone. Now I can actually beat my games!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

dmcc0

gcunit wrote:

@dmcc0 psprices.com can be set to whichever platform you choose and lets you set up price drop alerts.

Thanks, will check it out

dmcc0

Banjo-

Key people and 70 percent of the designers crowd have left Naughty Dog. Some of them are joining The Initiative. People from Bungie, Crystal Dynamics, Rockstar Games and Respawn Entertainment have also joined Microsoft's new studio.

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/10/two_more_ex-naughty_dog...

https://kotaku.com/as-naughty-dog-crunches-on-the-last-of-us-...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-14-crunch-once-aga...

Some pieces,

Kotaku wrote:

As a result of these problems, Naughty Dog has seen a steady trickle of departures over the past five years. That kind of attrition can be crushing, not just because people are forced to say goodbye to dear friends but because those friends leave holes that make all of these problems even worse.

After the brutal development cycles of Uncharted 4 and Uncharted Lost Legacy, Naughty Dog has found itself with little choice but to hire a disproportionately high number of juniors and contractors for The Last of Us II, even if that perpetuates many of the problems that caused senior staff to leave.

Some at Naughty Dog who spoke to me for this story said they expect more people to quit, or that they plan to leave themselves, once The Last of Us II has shipped and bonuses come in (which is usually six months after release). And so the cycle will continue.

Banjo-

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

Where you getting "70 percent" from?

Banjo-

Dezzy wrote:

@BlueOcean Where you getting "70 percent" from?

"70 percent of the designers crowd" are my words and the source is linked above.

Kotaku wrote:

Of the 20 non-lead designers in the credits of 2016’s Uncharted 4, a whopping 14 —70 percent— are no longer at the studio.

Banjo-

Octane

Uncharted 4 started development in 2011. So 14 out of 20 people left in 9 years. I don't think that's too bad. People tend to move to other companies a lot in the industry, especially after a game is finished.

They definitely don't hide the crunch, people kinda know what to expect when they start working there, and maybe some do it knowing they'll stay only for one game. If it's unsustainable, they will have to change. It's inevitable.

Octane

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

Oh right, so just that particular group of 20 people.

Well that doesn't really tell us anything. It could be that lots of those people were specifically hired for a 1-game contract, so they were never expecting to stay with the company long term.

I thought you meant 70% of the entire team. Which WOULD be rather alarming.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic