Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 4,561 to 4,580 of 16,083

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred It's more of a horror game/VN hybrid with exploration, action, and puzzle elements. One of my top 3 games of 2015. It's SO dark.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred

I like it more than the first game, to be honest. I was really happy to see UDG tie into everything else in DR3, too.

I'm unsure about the new direction the series appears to be going, but I will be there day one to love and support it!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tasuki

Anyone notice if anywhere online or in store is having a Black Friday Sale on PS4 controllers in NA? I can use a couple, but they are normally so expensive.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Dezzy

Hasn't a third party company made any controllers yet?

I just use my Vita as my second controller.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tasuki

Dezzy wrote:

Hasn't a third party company made any controllers yet?

I just use my Vita as my second controller.

Not really at least here in NA. Hori made one that looks like an Xbox Controller but the only place to get it is Play Asia and I don't deal with those crooks.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Ralizah Thanks for that. When I was looking for that controller the only place I found it was Play Asia but that was about a year ago.

My Backlog

Dezzy

Tasuki wrote:

Not really at least here in NA. Hori made one that looks like an Xbox Controller but the only place to get it is Play Asia and I don't deal with those crooks.

Why are they crooks? I've only used them 3 or 4 times. Always been reliable though.

Tasuki

@Dezzy I told what happen several times on this site so I will tell you the short version.

Ordered that controller from them the tracking number they sent me only showed the package leaving Hong Kong, never arriving in the US. Waited a month and a half never got my controller. Asked for a refund they won't give me one cause according to them they sent the package. Called my post office they never got a package for me. Asked Play Asia for a refund again they refused. Had to file fraud charges through my bank to get my money back from them.

Will never do business with them again.

My Backlog

Dezzy

Well that sucks then. That's annoying when that happens because both parties feel like they've been cheated.

Peek-a-boo

I bought the original PSP from Play-Asia, as I couldn't wait for nearly ten months for it to come out in the UK, and they sent it to me a whole week early!

They even threw in a couple of extras that I didn't ask for, nor expected. Got a couple of Japan-only PSP games from them too; always been good for me.

On the subject of controllers, I always say (try to) pay the extra for the official accessories. I don't believe that anybody has ever used a third part controller and told themselves that it is the better/preferred one.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

PSX is happening in less than two weeks from now, anything you guys would like to see? Give me that Uncharted DLC and I'm satisfied.

Completely unrelated; I've currently spend more than 125 hours on The Witcher 3, and I'm not even close to being finished. This is definitely the most time I've spend on a game in a good while.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane Thought of you last night!

I noticed that there was a new patch for The Witness, and thus downloaded it.

Now, I am well aware that The Witness is already a pretty looking game on the OG PlayStation 4 and performance wise, it's (mostly) consistent.

With the Pro update, everything is an awful lot more detailed, thanks to the 1440p resolution and a (now) locked 60fps.

The things you could see in the distance were often a simple block of colour, or a simplified model (until you get up close) whereas the Pro update seems to retain that detailed model when you are a considerable distance away.

Those lasers pointing to the mountain are perfectly straight wherever you look too.

It may sound somewhat unexciting however, the new update impressed me so much that I am genuinely considering to play it again with a fresh mind in the New Year.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Sounds good! Never noticed any drops in quality for distant models though. That art style is almost timeless, like The Wind Waker. I'm sure that it'll look good ten years from now, regardless of the system you're playing it on. Seems like they've improved the draw distance too then. It's one of those games that I really want to play again sometime, but I still remember all the secrets and solutions, so it will never have the same impact as it had when I played it for the first time.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

Octane wrote:

PSX is happening in less than two weeks from now, anything you guys would like to see? Give me that Uncharted DLC and I'm satisfied.

It's not for everyone, but I would be happy to see some of their previous first party games get the 'Pro' treatment. Bloodborne, Driveclub and Until Dawn springs to mind.

Maybe see the following:

• Crash Bandicoot gameplay footage
  • Demon's Souls remaster (wishful thinking, if anything...)
  • Devil May Cry 5 (feels like a good time to bring Dante out of retirement!)
  • WipEout HD on the PlayStation 4
  • To see what Sucker Punch (creators of the inFAMOUS and Sly Cooper series) are up to.
  • Yet another imaginative demonstration from Media Molecules' Dreams
  • Uncharted 4 story add-on

I am keeping my expectations low after the rather underwhelming Tokyo Games Show conference, which were actually quite good and full of unexpected surprises in the last couple of years (prior to this year).

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

TWO MORE WEEKS TO GO!

Untitled

Almost finished Titanfall 2 (the campaign is really, really good) and I have sternly told myself not to buy any new games or start anything else, in fear that it may well be a distraction for when I finally play The Last Guardian.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo The Pro patches don't require much work at all, so I don't know why Sony didn't update more of their games for launch.

As for new trailers and games at PSX, I fully expect the UC4 DLC to be there. It's likely we'll get our first glimpse at the Crash remake too. I'd like to see more of Days Goo as well, I think that game will have surprisingly deep gameplay. Mandatory Horizon Zero Dawn gameplay trailer (maybe GOW or Spiderman too?). Maybe some Gravity Rush 2? But I don't really want more footage, not going to spoil myself anyway. SE may tease some more FF7 gameplay. Hopefully they'll include a completely new game or two. Really curious what Sucker Punch is working on.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic