Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 16,083

Haru17

@Peek-a-boo Oh, I totally think the overarching narrative of Inside is BS. Way too abstract to mean anything. What makes the game one of the best narratives / experiences of this generation is it's stellar scene direction. It's so great at introducing elements to have them pay off just a bit down the road. Not to mention so bold in where these story beats do go. Like, damn.

If I was disappointed by anything, it would be not getting a train level or seeing the giant sound wave monster after both were teased. I can live with that though.

By the way, I move to call all nondescript boy protagonists "Shinji" from here on out.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

So did anyone with a PS4 play Fable Man's Alien Sky?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

@Dezzy Yeah, it's like Minecraft with less ideas.

Gamer83

@Ralizah
I wasn't necessarily talking about Wesker. You can have a good RE game without him. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the more overlooked characters, Claire for example, popping up again in a mainline RE though. I know she was in RE Revelations 2 but that's still more of a spinoff.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Peek-a-boo

The Japanese media has had a 'first play' impressions of the Japanese build of Final Fantasy XV.

The PlayStation 4 build looks good, the Xbox One... not so good.

Untitled

Untitled

PlayStation 4 hits closer to 1080p at a just-about-there 30fps, whereas the Xbox One is closer to a rather strange resolution of 756p and is similar to the latter console in regards to offering a just-about-there 30fps.

In any case, it is looking pretty good!

Untitled

I think I will buy this when some kind of 'complete edition' comes out next year some time, as I am in no hurry to play a game that is shaping up to be a very hefty time sink.

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

...It's not the game I've been looking forward to for years on end anymore.

...It just seems like they went full-on style over substance with XV....

So, wait, you weren't expecting style over substance when it was being directed by same guy that made Kutscenes Heaven 2: The Spectacle?

...that's...huh....alright then. I guess you really weren't getting the game you wanted, though I wouldn't exactly say it went anywhere...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haru17

Peek-a-boo wrote:

the Xbox One is closer to a rather strange resolution of 756p and is similar to the latter console in regards to offering a just-about-there 30fps.

Oh my god, literally unplayable. Take that, xbots!

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

@Haru17 I was merely stating the resolution and fps for both consoles, since the game will be available for both consoles! It is the information that came along with the Japanese first play impressions, is all.

Does this appear to be a problem for you?

Peek-a-boo

IceClimbers

@Haru17 Not like people are gonna play it on the Xbox One anyways

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CanisWolfred

Haru17 wrote:

@Tsurii Have you figured out all of these combos? It's not just hold circle, contrary to everyone's expectations. Combo list: https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasy/comments/4d66o9/ffxv_mo...

To be fair, I thought KH2's comat system was crap until I played on hard and discovered that there more buttons you can use than just X and occasionally Triangle. The real question (for a lot of players, for some reason) will be: will the game actually be challenging enough to require the majority of these advanced techniques?

...history says "no". FFX had one of the best turn-based battle systems I've ever seen, but the only way I ever got to experience it was playing as the game as wrongly as humanly possible. Same with FF6 and 8. Even 13 arguably counts, except its battle system is flat-out terrible to begin with. Auto-battle city was arguably more enjoyable than the few occasions where it actually required a conscious effort.

Most of the other times, the battle system is relatively simplistic, or at least standard. Honestly, FF12 was the only game in the series where combat was a major focus that actually panned out in its favor for the most part, so I can understand why fans like Tsurii are disappointed with the shift to an action-RPG, since combat would have to become a major focus by default.

I still don't agree with his assessment of the battle system presented in the demoes, as I feel they're very fleshed out and interesting, and I've already encountered a health amount of difficulty while playing it, so I know it'll get my blood pumping the way a game of its caliber should. But I'll concede, yet again, that it's not the game we originally expected, nor what many fans of the series would've wanted.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haru17

@Peek-a-boo Just being sarcastic. That wasn't a remark on you.

Peek-a-boo

@Haru17 It was one o'clock in the morning after having been out to the local for a couple of drinks.

Now that my mind is refreshed this morning, I do apologise for the stern teacher-like comment...

I may well be in a small minority, but World of Final Fantasy looks more appealing to me than Final Fantasy XV anyway!

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

@Peek-a-boo Ah, it ain't no thing! My jokes come across in unintended ways all the time. Hazard of the trade.

Ralizah

@Tsurii Thanks. Yeah, I saw that. It's nice you can change skills, but none of them seem to be huge gamechangers. I haven't found a way to upgrade equipment yet.

So, I beat the first two missions (turns out you can use a magic scroll on the first boss that slows him to a crawl, so he was pretty much gone the moment I found that out), and am a bit stuck on the succubus chick in the third one. It doesn't really help that I have to fight my way through several rooms full of heavy hitting yokai before going up against her.

EDIT: Regarding Final Fantasy XV... no. I like nothing I've seen from either demo, or any of the gameplay videos. I detest the combat system. The characters are obnoxious. No Nobuo Uematsu. Boring, Westernized open-world gameplay.

I mean, maybe it'll turn out alright, but I'm certainly not buying day one. I learned my lesson with FFXIII not to buy games based on the name alone.

World of Final Fantasy is likely where I'll be getting my FF fix. The stacking mechanic is stupid, but it looks charming otherwise.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@Tsurii Well, none of them are as awful as those long-tongued yokai from the second mission, but I still have a tough time with not losing any health to them. Human opponents are fairly easy, though, even in mobs, because they're easy to kill quickly/and or shove over the side of a pit.

As to stances... I've pretty much taken to clearing the entire demo with my spear readied in defensive stance almost the entire time. I'll try floor sweeping them with evasion stance attacks. The offense stance attacks are too elaborate for my tastes, though.

Ralizah

@Tsurii Once I figured out their moveset, the first one was easy to beat, but fighting two at once was terrible. They're so fast that you don't even have time to think before they attack. I took to blocking constantly and sneaking in quick jabs here or there as I circled around the area.

Edited on by Ralizah

Peek-a-boo

The information above means that the PlayStation 'Neo' is highly likely to be 4.2 teraflops after all.

It is three times more powerful than the OG Xbox One however, Scorpio at 6 teraflops as well as offering games in a 4K resolution, the latter of which the 'Neo' will have a hard time achieving outside of indie games, makes the above information seem somewhat disappointing in comparison.

Let's see what they have got to show first, on the 7th of September.

p.s. I cannot be the only one who feels strangely hungry when looking at that mock-up? All I can see - and think about - is waffles!

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic