Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 13,321 to 13,340 of 16,084

Octane

''Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.''

Interesting...

Octane

Octane

@redd214 At least they're managing expectations. With updates on PS5 titles, I presume those are games like Kena? So could be interesting nonetheless.

Octane

redd214

@Octane Oh yeah I agree! I mentioned on PS that its a good thing they are being clear as possible on what to expect and what not to expect. Im looking forward to it for sure!

redd214

Anti-Matter

I will not watch the PS5 presentation as it obviously 99.99% all about rated 18+ games.
Just call me again for only rated Everyone and Everyone 10+ PS5 games from the presentation.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

The Spider-Man Playstation exclusivity in Marvel's Avengers is real:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Wargoose

@redd214 rumour has it that King of Fighters XV will be unveiled. Hoping it's true.

Wargoose

Magonigal

I love Playstation and have had all the generations of home consoles and the PSP and PS Vita but I'm really considering getting an Xbox Series X just because of the fantastic value of Game Pass. I've got loads of great games to get through on my PS4 anyway so don't need to get a PS5 just yet and have also owned the original Xbox and Xbox 360.

Game Pass on PC is amazing value for me at just £3.99 a month and I'm really interested in having a console where I can get a subscription and play the latest games without having to spend a fortune, especially with prices likely to go up. PS Now just can't really compete. Would definitely get a PS5 sometime later but I'm going for Series X now. Is anyone else thinking about going with Microsoft due to the value of Game Pass?

Magonigal

link3710

@Magonigal It really depends on the price. Years down the line, I'll inevitably get a cheap PS5 for Miles Morales and Spider-Man 2 alongside whatever other handful of exclusives interest me. But if Xbox is reasonably priced at launch, I might just pick one up. Just not sure what price would pique my interest.

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

I get that as a result of acquiring Insomniac they also gained control over the license to Spider-Man's game appearances that Marvel licensed to them in 2014, but Spidey in Marvel's Avengers being a PlayStation exclusive character really freaking sucks in how anti-consumer it is. It isn't even the Insomniac Spider-Man, it's a new one specifically created for that universe.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Magonigal

@link3710

Yeah, i wish they would announce the prices as it's only a couple of months until they both release. One thing that would interest me as well with the Xbox is the All Access plan where you pay for the console over a few years with a monthly payment that includes Game Pass Ultimate. I think they're both going to be over £400/$400 so I would settle for £450

Edited on by Magonigal

Magonigal

Octane

@Magonigal I'm personally not a big fan of subscription services, especially for games. I'm subscribed to Spotify (on a family plan), but I still buy vinyl every month.

The main problem I have is that I don't think it's sustainable. With developers complaining about high development costs, I don't see how a £3.99 a month sub is going to solve that. So I expect that either they will up the micro-transactions, or the game quality will take a hit. The Netflix model essentially, quantity over quality, a ton of new content, but none of it is truly outstanding. When I look at Microsoft's output, they may get away with it. They have a bunch of good exclusive indie games that don't require too much resources to begin with, and their other games like Crackdown 3 and State of Decay (at least the second one) don't look too amazing to begin with. Their ''big'' exclusives like Forza and Halo only happen once in a blue moon anyway.

I don't see how Sony can keep pumping out games like they are currently doing, and offer them for only a few £'s a month. I rather pay €60 for a game I can pick myself and of which I know it will be a good quality game, than being spoon-fed mediocre games because I'm on a cheap subscription plan.

That being said, I do think Microsoft will increase the price eventually. They have to. They'll probably wait until the Series X is out. Get people hooked, and then they'll slowly increase the price.

Octane

Magonigal

@Octane

I don't normally like subscription services either but I just think the value is insanely good at the moment. On PC I'm only paying £3.99 and can play Outer Worlds, the Halo series, Forza Horizon, Grounded, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Ori & the Will of The Wisps, Plague Tale and loads of other games that I could never afford to get and when they leave the service I can pay a reduced price to keep them if I want. I agree that prices will probably go up as Microsoft are losing money on Game Pass but I don't agree with you about mediocre games because there are a lot of good games on Game Pass and I only download what I want to anyway. If you looked at the list of games on the service, I think you would see it's full of quality. I get to choose to play the latest games, buy for a lower price if I want them and save a lot of money. I wanted to play Streets of Rage 4 but didn't want to buy it but now I can play it through the subscription.

I know I've been talking about Game Pass for PC because that's all i've got as i don't have an Xbox yet but the service on Xbox Series X is a very big reason for buying that. I would get a PS5 eventually because Sony have some of my favourite games but they have no equivalent value in PS Now so i would have to spend a lot of money to play those games. Game Pass is just a choice for saving money and you're not being spoon-fed anything, you're getting access to the latest games.

Edited on by Magonigal

Magonigal

Octane

@Magonigal I don't know about you, but I only get to play a handful of games each year. I simply don't have the time to play a ton of video games. I only want to play the 9s and 10s if you will. So having access to a ton of games I wouldn't otherwise buy doesn't make it more appealing to me. I'd probably skip them anyway.

Octane

Octane

@Magonigal And about the subscription services. Maybe it's not true at the moment, but for the same reason that Spotify is changing how songs are being made, I do think that the same will be true for games. Early 80s games were incredibly difficult, because that's what arcade games had to be if you wanted to make money. When the arcades were phased out games became more approachable, and more elaborate. A subscription service will also change the way games are being made. If you're a developer and you have to make a game, it's going to make a difference whether you have to sell that game for €60 to your audience, or whether it ends up on a subscription service that people are already paying €5 a month for. I dunno, maybe it's not obvious now, but it's interesting to think about.

Octane

Magonigal

@Octane

Fair enough if you haven't got time. For me I'm a bit better off in regards to that. Interesting point about possibly changing the way games are made, would like to see how much publishers and developers are making off these services versus sales and whether it actually increases sales in the long run because games are not permenantly on there, except maybe Microsoft games, and people can buy them at a reduced price if they want to keep them.

At the moment there are around 10 million subscribers which is impressive next to other services but not huge numbers, so is it just an additional source of revenue instead of reducing sales? Here's a quote from Microsoft :
Microsoft has said, however, that it thinks subscription packages will continue to co-exist with other ways of selling games. "We don't have a goal of being the subscription where you get all your content," head of gaming services Ben Decker told GI in response to the aforesaid editorial. "This is meant to be additive to the ecosystem. We don't see a future where subscriptions are dominant. We see a future where customers have choice between a subscription and purchase-to-own, where there's a mixed ecosystem because that's what customers want, and that's what developers want."

By they way I think you mentioned about playing The Last of Us 2 a while back and wondered what you throught of it. For me I thought it was amazing and not really as controversial as some people were making it out to be. The story could have been shortened and tidied up but the gameplay was incredible and very tense - i found it quite exhausting to play at times but enjoyed it and the story makes you think and maybe change your mind about some characters.

Edited on by Magonigal

Magonigal

Octane

@Magonigal Yeah that makes sense. Especially since games aren't on the service all the time, you can't expect it to take over everything.

Finished TLOU Part 2 a while ago. Brilliant game, and like you said, not as controversial as some were making it out to be. The attention to detail was incredible. And I liked the gameplay of the first game quite a bit, so seeing it expanded upon is this game was great. The Rat King was a great boss fight as well, I want to see its next stage now lol.

Octane

Anti-Matter

LOL
I'm playing Autobahn Police Simulator 2 PS4 right now. 😆
I bought the game physically this evening.
The game was rated PEGI 7, so it still safe for kids despite the game is not a cartoonish kiddie game.

Edit: Dang it!
I have to update my PS4 now.
It took 30+ minutes to update.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic