Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,701 to 12,720 of 16,083

TuVictus

@Dezzy ehh, "please assume the story off Ff7 will continue as Ff7 always has" seems pretty clear they mean to still remake the overall story. But like Ralizah says, they're just giving themselves wiggle room to do some interesting stuff rather than just a straight retelling

TuVictus

Dezzy

@TuVictus

Yes. I've just found the translator. She does actually clarify that they do mean in the following games.
So that is a bit of a relief.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@redd214 I think PSVR (and maybe Dreams) have made a big difference. But somehow Sony doesn't seem to be producing them more than they did. I imagine it's a big factory line, and every other day a pair of Move Controllers pop out at the other end. I have no idea why they're so hard to find.

Octane

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

Honestly, there's no reason not to: the original game has a ton of narrative material to explore and expand upon.

Yeah but there was no reason for that ridiculous ending either. If they wanted to change some things, they could've simply changed things and people would've realized it's a kind of reimagining rather than straight remake. No reason at all they needed to invent a metaphysical explanation for it.

Edited on by Dezzy

redd214

@Octane most definitely. Everyone always talks about Nintendo when it comes to artificial scarcity but Sony is just the same. It's taking everything in me not to sell my $25 back button attachment for $100-150 since they're nowhere to be found.

redd214

Ralizah

Who's excited for Dying Light and Dark Souls next month?

Well, if you are, sucks to be you. Hope you like farming and designing cities instead.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/29/cities-skylines-an...

@Dezzy I mean, I don't disagree. They could just change stuff without the plot ghosts and KH nonsense. Alternatively, they could be interested in giving this a running meta-layer that commentates on the original game.

They've said before they didn't want to just make the same game with prettier graphics, so I'm pretty confident this was always intended to be a reimagining that follows a similar narrative arc to the original.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@redd214 Artificial scarcity only works when the item is available to purchase from time to time. PS Move isn't at all lol. I don't think they're making as much money as they could from them if they were available everywhere. So if they're trying Nintendo's strategy, they're definitely doing it wrong.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah It's still better than the NSO offerings.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Octane they are available from time to time, at least in my Area. Not in abundance but I'll see a pack or 2 of move controllers at walmart/Bestbuy/target etc, at least before the virus hit.

redd214

Dezzy

Ok so the Assassin's Creed reveal so far is a dude just painting a picture. It's definitely Vikings though. They mention something about an invasion from the North, so it looks like it will be about the Viking invasions of Europe. The castle on the right looks like the medieval english style, so my guess is it's Viking invasions of England around the 9th century time. That's when they were most common.:

Untitled

@Ralizah

Some of these Ultimania comments from the devs seems to explain a bit what's going on. They say that they wanted it to be a remake as well as a celebration of the other stories in the main timeline. So Advent Children and Crisis Core have clearly been worked into it already. I assume parts of Dirge of Cerberus will be too.

Edited on by Dezzy

CanisWolfred

Magician wrote:

The PS+ games of May are Dark Souls Remastered and Dying Light...allegedly. I already have both, but at least my brother will have an excuse to finally give Dying Light a try. It really is a solid co-op experience.

Ralizah wrote:

Who's excited for Dying Light and Dark Souls next month?

Well, if you are, sucks to be you. Hope you like farming and designing cities instead.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/29/cities-skylines-an...

Oh yeah, we got trolled hard. Well-played.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

Ok this is the end of that preview image for Assassins Creed. Apparently the trailer is tomorrow though:

Untitled

TuVictus

Vikings are very popular in media right now, so it makes sense. And I'm really into them, so this will probably be the first AC game I get near launch

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

Totally unrepresentative CGI trailer looks great. They've really nailed the setting and vibe though, which I guess they usuaully do. And I was bang on about it being an invasion of England. My knowledge of medieval castles is once again useful, Lol.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Dezzy Except for the Wolverine blades

No, but seriously, it just looks like HBO's Vikings. Even the main character.

Octane

TuVictus

Not HBO, History Channel

I like Vikings so I'll probably pick this up. Should hold me over for Norse related games until God of War 2/5 is announced

TuVictus

BruceCM

While I like the look of that, it wasn't what I'd call Assassins .... Will keep an eye on it, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

TuVictus

Beat ff7! I'm gonna try and finish up at least the battle Intel stuff. I just need to max out my revive materia and I'll be set for the final VR battle. Not sure how I feel about doing the combat simulator stuff. I tried just barret versus Shinra trainees and noped out of it pretty quickly

TuVictus

CanisWolfred

BruceCM wrote:

While I like the look of that, it wasn't what I'd call Assassins .... Will keep an eye on it, though

Sadly, the "Assassins" part of AC seems to have fallen to the wayside since Origins. It seems like somewhere along the lines, someone pitched a historical action-RPG, and Ubisoft said "hey, I bet we could call it Assassin's Creed and people will buy it in droves."

I mean, it still could be good - very likely so, in fact. I just wish they weren't using the AC brand to sell it. Nothing about "Vikings" really resonates with the idea of stealthy assassins blending in with society to stop a global conspiracy. shrug

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

CanisWolfred wrote:

Sadly, the "Assassins" part of AC seems to have fallen to the wayside since Origins. It seems like somewhere along the lines, someone pitched a historical action-RPG, and Ubisoft said "hey, I bet we could call it Assassin's Creed and people will buy it in droves."

They basically saw the success of the Witcher 3 and have tried to move it closer to that. Fine with me. I prefer that style over their old stuff.

Yes, they should've just started a new franchise for it though, that way it won't annoy the people who liked the original games.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic