Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,353

TheFrenchiestFry

@Aozz101x Considering Atlus are still selling their PSP games on the PS Store for Vita and PS3 I don't think you'll have to worry about the 3DS games either. They'll likely stay for a long time

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

Atlus has kept Nocturne and DDS 1 & 2 in print for PS2 for ages as well. They're really good about making sure their games are available SOMEWHERE.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JoeDiddley

I watched the Direct presentation and the game looked great but I was disappointed in the focus on the battle system (as much as I love it) as the best way to sell the game.

I’m now watching the Japanese trailer on repeat and I am beyond excited.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

TheFrenchiestFry

@JoeDiddley The JP trailer was way better. I guess with the English one they wanted to actually sell SMT more to English players rather than talk about what makes the game itself different given it's a less popular franchise than a lot of other JRPGs

I do think it came at the expense of actually showing more of the game though

TheFrenchiestFry

JoeDiddley

@TheFrenchiestFry I can’t believe I’m advocating this but P5 crossed over based on the style not the substance. I wanted SMT V to be marketed more like that than something like Braverly Default 2 if you know what I mean.

They could have followed up with a more in depth trailer to explain the battle system instead of it being the first impression on the big stage.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Primo40295

They are showing the game on the treehouse right now.

Primo40295

Switch Friend Code: SW-0871-5798-7779

Primo40295

@Slowdive thank goodness, it looks pretty promising! And I think we have to thank Nintendo for the simultaneous worldwide release. By the way the femboy protagonist looks gorgeous!

Edited on by Primo40295

Primo40295

Ralizah

Nintendo has been pushing SMT HARD for years now. God bless em.

boop23

Ok the treehouse footage looks awesome, i dont need to see anything else until im playing it lmao

boop23

JoeDiddley

Treehouse looks so good. I wonder if we will get a demo?

Ralizah

I love the glorious, flowing hair on the MC. These characters just keep getting hotter with every game.

Primo40295

Considering that this is an alternate dimension I wonder if you’ll be able to travel between worlds maybe to prevent an invasion or something similar. I’m getting really excited for this!

Primo40295

link3710

My gosh, that hair is gorgeous. I can't wait for this game to drop fiiiinally.

link3710

Primo40295

Damn the death animation is cool!

Primo40295

Ralizah

SMT V protag is here to destroy your false sense of heterosexuality.

MsJubilee

I thought Flynn & Nanashi were pretty as sin, but this new guy takes the cake.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TheFrenchiestFry

I'm all for femboy Demi-fiend/Naobino

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

BTW, given the presence of a Magatsuhi gauge in SMT V, is it possible this really is just a straight up Nocturne sequel/remake? The vortex world-y setting and hybrid main character already screams Nocturne.

Edited on by Ralizah

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah I don't think it'll be directly connected in the way theories are suggesting, but it feels very much like a spiritual successor

Almost like they're trying to replicate Nocturne or improve on its formula based on the experience they gained working on subsequent entries like SMT IV

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

I hope V will be a good place to start, since I'm really interested in it after watching the Treehouse presentation.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic